Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: Can't Activate URL with FLASH Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Redwoodguy on April-14-2008 at 8:44pm
View Redwoodguy's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Redwoodguy Search   Quote Redwoodguy Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Redwoodguy
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
June-28-2006
30 Posts

Hi,

Is anyone else having the problem of putting a URL link, via a hotspot, either on a scene or map and when you publish it via FLASH, will not work?  It works just fine if I publish using the Applet.  I'm not a FLASH experienced person so I am treading in new waters.

Thanks,

Erin

Message posted by willie on April-15-2008 at 3:56am
View willie's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by willie Search   Visit willie's Homepage www   Quote willie Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
willie
Gold Member
Gold Member
United Kingdom
June-26-2005
217 Posts
 Hi Erin

When I insert a hot spot or a button, then create a URL link through the actions, it never works when published locally. However it always works when FTPd to the web server.  In this example link only the popup images work ok on the local drive but not the tripod cap hotspot or the buttons that have a URL assigned. Once it has been uploaded to the web server all the actions functioned as expected.

If you are testing it locally, try uploading it to your server and test on line. I'm sure the hotspot will work then.

Hope this helps,

Willie

Message posted by bruxist on April-16-2008 at 1:28am
View bruxist's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by bruxist Search   Quote bruxist Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
bruxist
Standard Member
Standard Member
New Zealand
February-12-2008
88 Posts

Ok, this is something I recently found which may interest you both:

Firstly: It is also possible that the site you are linking to requires javascript to run. Flash Player no longer supports this action: Refer to "javascript:" URLs no longer function in networking APIs.

I found this whilst trying to test a URL to Google Maps from within my Flash tour. I could not understand why ordinary http links worked but not the GeoTag (http://.../ms?...). Turned out that if I published the tour using the java applet method - the GeoTag link works. Not perfect, but a work around at least.

Secondly: The reason that some ordinary http links (not requiring js) do not launch whilst using the preview (or whilst testing locally on your PC prior to uploading to a server) could be down to your Flash Players Global Security settings in the Settings Manager.

To access your Flash Player Settings Manager right-click the flash movie you are previewing and chose "Settings > Advanced". Then chose the Global Security Settings Panel link. Add (Edit Location > Add...) to your list (which could be empty right now) any local PC location that you test your tours from. i.e. If you use the default Easypano location then add folder C:\Program Files\Easypano to your box selecting either Always allow or Always ask.

This should enable you to test the URLs locally.

Hope this helps? Sorry it didn't come sooner but I had forgotten my forum password and have only just remembered it!

Message posted by willie on April-16-2008 at 3:57am
View willie's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by willie Search   Visit willie's Homepage www   Quote willie Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
willie
Gold Member
Gold Member
United Kingdom
June-26-2005
217 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by bruxist on April-16-2008

To access your Flash Player Settings Manager right-click the flash movie you are previewing and chose "Settings > Advanced". Then chose the Global Security Settings Panel link. Add (Edit Location > Add...) to your list (which could be empty right now) any local PC location that you test your tours from. i.e. If you use the default Easypano location then add folder C:\Program Files\Easypano to your box selecting either Always allow or Always ask.

This should enable you to test the URLs locally.

Hey Bruxist

Thanks for the tip. Didn't even know these settings existed!! I have changed my Flash settinge as you described and all my links work ok on the local machine. I think you should submit this tip to Easypano for inclusion on their Knowledge Base as there is nothing there that helps with this issue.

Thanks again,

Willie

Message posted by bruxist on April-19-2008 at 12:42am
View bruxist's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by bruxist Search   Quote bruxist Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
bruxist
Standard Member
Standard Member
New Zealand
February-12-2008
88 Posts

Looks like the URL problem that I was experiencing with Google Maps was not due to it being a javascript problem as I had thought, but rather one of a long address string problem.

This has been fixed in the latest release of TW. I just downloaded Ver.080418 and my URL link embedded in Flash works (to my joy!). The info in the updates confirms this fix.

Message posted by Redwoodguy on April-19-2008 at 3:38pm
View Redwoodguy's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Redwoodguy Search   Quote Redwoodguy Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Redwoodguy
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
June-28-2006
30 Posts
I too want to say thanks-I've been going crazy trying to update my flash player to the version TW3 wants (ver 9.0.28) if it is to play my tour via the web. I've visited both the official and unofficial sites for Flash updates and every time I have attempted to update to 9.0.28, I'm always given 9.0.12. I even went so far as to update to their beta version 9.0.65-to no avail. I'm commited this afternoon, but will put your advice to the test tonight. Again, thanks for shedding light in the dark!
Erin

Message posted by smooth on April-19-2008 at 4:03pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Erin,

Read this thread

Not sure if this has been corrected in the latest build? Haven't yet checked.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by bruxist on April-21-2008 at 1:10am
bruxist
Standard Member
Standard Member
New Zealand
February-12-2008
88 Posts

Hi Erin, If you are in any doubt whether you have the latest Flash Player installed, or you just want to test it, try this link: http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/welcome/

The v.9.0.28 is just a text error that has been coded into the software. The lastest version of Flash to date is v.9.0.124. This text can be edited in your final html file as indicated in Smooth's link above - but yeah, it is misleading and should be corrected by Easypano (Have you have sent a bug report in?).

Message posted by bruxist on April-21-2008 at 11:39pm
bruxist
Standard Member
Standard Member
New Zealand
February-12-2008
88 Posts

One (more) thing I just thought of - the version numbers for Flash Player can be slightly confusing. Look at it as being version 9.0.028 (9.0.124 being the current version) rather than just 9.0.28. If you have 9.0.028 loaded (or above) then you should be ok for viewing tourweaver movies - in theory.

There was a bug in one of the FP v9.0 releases. The update to it required that you removed the old flash player with an uninstall program (from Adobe.com), restarted your PC, then downloaded the new version. Simply removing the player using control panel, or failing to rebooting the PC did not guarantee its removal. Many people had problems with this patch as I remember.
That is why Smooth has recommended that you try uninstalling your player I believe?

More troubleshooting info here: http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=tn_19166&sliceId=2

Another FP test link here: http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=tn_15507&sliceId=1.

The only other thing I can think of is it might be that you have ActiveX barred in some way in your browser settings?

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register