Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Applet Gives Zaggies, FLASH is Smooth Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Redwoodguy1 on April-15-2008 at 10:09pm
View Redwoodguy1's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Redwoodguy1 Search   Quote Redwoodguy1 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Redwoodguy1
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-15-2008
3 Posts

Hi,

I'm curious why, when I upload a tour in Applet form, straight lines, staircase rails, etc., in a panorama, are are series of zigzaggies, but when uploaded and replayed in FLASH, all straight surfaces, handrails, etc. in panoramas are smooth as silk?  Has anyone else experienced this and is there an explanation for it?  Do I slow down my pans, so they might appear more smooth in replay or is this just a characteristic difference in the two replay systems?

Erin

Message posted by bruxist on April-16-2008 at 1:43am
View bruxist's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by bruxist Search   Quote bruxist Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
bruxist
Standard Member
Standard Member
New Zealand
February-12-2008
88 Posts

I had something similar when I changed the size of an image whilst panning - (publishing using the applet method).

As an example: if the image size on my first key frame of my pan was 1024x768 and the last key frame image was 640x480 (I zoom out), then I get the effect that you are experiencing. My only way around this was to keep the image size constant from key frame to keyframe. This was for a pan, zooming appears ok.

Publish to Flash and it worked fine for both pan and zoom.

I expect it is something to do with the way it is generated using the javascript applet?

Message posted by Redwoodguy on April-30-2008 at 2:06pm
View Redwoodguy's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Redwoodguy Search   Quote Redwoodguy Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Redwoodguy
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
June-28-2006
30 Posts

Thank you Bruxist, I'll put it to the test.  Glad to know it's not just in my imagination.

Erin

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register