Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: create skins Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by loule on April-21-2008 at 9:44am
View loule's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by loule Search   Quote loule Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
loule
Standard Member
Standard Member
France
April-21-2008
3 Posts
hello
i m new
i use pano and tourweaver for a month
i wonder how can i create skins for tourweaver
thanks to all

Message posted by bruxist on April-21-2008 at 11:19pm
View bruxist's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by bruxist Search   Quote bruxist Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
bruxist
Standard Member
Standard Member
New Zealand
February-12-2008
88 Posts

There are similar questions on this forum already but I will try to answer your question:

The skins are just different background images. The components (scene, thumbnail, map, text, buttons etc) are placed on top of this "layer".

So creating a skin (or any related skin graphics) is a simple process: Use any external (third-party) graphic software (Adobe Illustrator or CorelDraw for example) to create your background - add any fancy frames, graphics, images, or logos that you like and save this as a .jpg, .bmp or .gif file. Remember to size your graphic to suite your tour (for example 800x600 pixels).

This can then be applied to your project using the 'Background Image' option in the Main Window Properties section (bottom of screen).

Try taking a look at the example Green Land tour skin that you get with TW. Look in C:\Program Files\Easypano\Tourweaver 3.00 Professional Edition\Skin\blue.skin and you will see all the image elements for that project. (Note: the path may vary slightly if you do not have the pro edition).

Have fun!

Message posted by loule on April-22-2008 at 2:49pm
View loule's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by loule Search   Quote loule Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
loule
Standard Member
Standard Member
France
April-21-2008
3 Posts
thank you very much bruxist!

Message posted by Hawkaye007 on April-23-2008 at 2:19am
View Hawkaye007's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Hawkaye007 Search   Visit Hawkaye007's Homepage www   Quote Hawkaye007 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Hawkaye007
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-18-2007
44 Posts

There are several good graphics programs out there for creating skins, it helps if the program supports layers, such as Photoshop.  Not sure, but does Photoshop LE support layers?  I'm working on a custom skin for a local Irish Pub here in town, you can see the test site at: http://www.your360virtualtour.com/Tours/mcguires_pcola/
I'm currently waiting on the manager to pick the 6 of 12 360's he's going to use, then I'll finish the bottoms and any scene descriptions.  The top banner of the skin is actually an edited image from the side of their building.  The colors were chosen to match their new site they are designing (working in cooperation with their web designer).  Since he's doing the site, I've got to match my colors to his. I think it's rather orange, but that seems to be what the owners and manager like.

-------------
Cheers
Donald Hill
don@Our360World.com
Our360World.com
Nikon D200 | Nikon 10.5 | Nodal Ninja 5L | PW 5 | TW 3

Message posted by bruxist on April-24-2008 at 6:49pm
View bruxist's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by bruxist Search   Quote bruxist Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
bruxist
Standard Member
Standard Member
New Zealand
February-12-2008
88 Posts

Yeah, Photoshop is probably one of the best to use (but comes with a high price). As a least cost option you could use Windows standard Paint Tool. Techsmith "SnagIt" software could be used as well. Although it is a (very) good screen capture program, it also has a graphic editor built in so you could design basic image backgrounds - just not so fancy. Even Corel Painter (or Painter Essentials) can be utilized (this might give you some interesting "real" paint options) - they all output image files (jpg, bmp, gif).

I came across this link as well which will help loule:
http://www.easypano.com/showkb_118.html

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register