Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: Newbie question - file naming? Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by MikeR on April-28-2008 at 2:19pm
View MikeR's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by MikeR Search   Quote MikeR Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
MikeR
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-25-2008
26 Posts

I'm probalby doing something dumb ... but ...

Working on my first TW tour. When I attempt to publish it, I input a file name in the dialog box for it's "name" ... but, when "published" - the file name reverts to the "project name".

It also won't "publish" unless I input a "Popup Prefix" - I don't know "squat" about web publishing so ... do I have to put something in here?

-------------
-Mike

Message posted by bruxist on April-29-2008 at 4:30am
View bruxist's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by bruxist Search   Quote bruxist Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
bruxist
Standard Member
Standard Member
New Zealand
February-12-2008
88 Posts

Hi Mike,
No takers eh? Well then here goes my attempt at explaining....so lookout!

Project name: my_Tour.tw
This is your projects name (it is just an example I use here to help explain). This is the filename you will see in your internet browser address bar (the URL) - with the prefix added e.g. http ://....blah..../prefix_my_Tour.html

Format Options: Output Destination and FileName
It is not really a filename as you might understand it, rather 
your projects destination folder name. This is where all your tour files will be placed when you publish your project (e.g. C:\Projects could be where you choose to put all tour files).

General Options: Popup Filename Prefix
The prefix, I guess, is used to differentiate your main (tour) page from the other html files in the 'project package'. The resultant file e.g. "prefix_myTour.html" is the one you click on to watch your tour - and the one you would ask your web designer to link to - you have to use a prefix; unless... you output your project using a template (that's another story).
You can rename this file after you publish it if you wish - it's just the other html files in the package (that refer to this one) would not work correctly if it was renamed.

MainWindow: Virtual Tour Title
This is in the Properties section of the MainWindow (bottom). This text is inserted into the title of your main tour page (prefix_my_Tour.html) - The title that you see in your internet browsers tab, and on search engine results e.g. Google.

How are you know - Better or Worse?

Message posted by MikeR on April-29-2008 at 7:45am
View MikeR's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by MikeR Search   Quote MikeR Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
MikeR
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-25-2008
26 Posts

Bruxist,

THANKS! I may not understand the "mechanics" ... but the logic/methodology makes sense to me ... now.

Me thinks it's time to take a web design course!

-------------
-Mike

Message posted by realtor jerry on April-29-2008 at 9:34am
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts

Hi Mike, I'll have a go at it.
Click on "Publish" and the Publish Settings box will pop-up. Under the "Format" tab you will see "FileName:" this is where you change the name of the the tour.
You said you know nothing about publishing, remember only use letters, numbers and the - or _ and nothing else. Never leave a space in a name to be published including the names of your pictures.
In the "Output Destination:" box you will put the path to whatever tool, system or program you are going to use to publish it to your website or who ever is hosting your tour.
I use Yahoo sitebuilder which is simple and cheap with 27/7 live body support by phone. So my path would be C:\Program Files\Yahoo SiteBuilder\sites\realty360tours\name_of_folder\Name-of-tour
I know this is confusing and it's where I had my biggest problems because I'm in the same boat as you, I know very little about this. I hope this helps.

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!

Message posted by MikeR on May-02-2008 at 3:52pm
MikeR
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-25-2008
26 Posts

Jerry,

MUCH APPRECIATED TOO!

-------------
-Mike

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register