Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: POLL: Virtual tour loading format Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by easypano on April-30-2008 at 5:25am
View easypano's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by easypano Search   Quote easypano Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
easypano
Forum Admin
Forum Administrator

April-23-2002
207 Posts

Dear forum members,

Please take a minute to look at the two loading formats of virtual tours. One is loading the skin and the first scene in the loading window, and the other is loading the skin in the loading window and loading the first scene when skin displays in the browser. Please visit here to see the two examples: http://www.easypano.com/poll.html. If you prefer the second loading format, we will update Tourweaver to that one in the next month. 

If you have any suggestions, please submit them in the above page. Many thanks for your support!

Regards,
Easypano

Message posted by disjo on April-30-2008 at 6:31am
View disjo's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by disjo Search   Visit disjo's Homepage www   Quote disjo Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
disjo
Gold Member
Gold Member

August-10-2004
107 Posts
Please don't change it.
If the majority likes the second one, I don't!!!

Isn't it possible to make it an option in TW3 instead of one default?

Message posted by prb16 on April-30-2008 at 6:56am
View prb16's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by prb16 Search   Visit prb16's Homepage www   Quote prb16 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
prb16
Standard Member
Standard Member
Spain
May-29-2006
138 Posts
I agree with Disjo. I prefer the loading of the skin and first scene.

Paul.

Message posted by Kerry Rudy on April-30-2008 at 7:45am
View Kerry Rudy's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Kerry Rudy Search   Visit Kerry Rudy's Homepage www   Quote Kerry Rudy Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Kerry Rudy
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-19-2005
104 Posts
#2 locks up Firefox

Message posted by realtor jerry on April-30-2008 at 9:44am
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts

I also agree and like the first one. But having the option would be nice.

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!

Message posted by jamesot on April-30-2008 at 7:38pm
View jamesot's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by jamesot Search   Visit jamesot's Homepage www   Quote jamesot Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
jamesot
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
January-19-2007
83 Posts
I like the first one. 

-------------
RTFM
www.FCEDesign.com

Message posted by willie on May-01-2008 at 4:43am
View willie's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by willie Search   Visit willie's Homepage www   Quote willie Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
willie
Gold Member
Gold Member
United Kingdom
June-26-2005
217 Posts
I prefer the second tour but I would prefer that the scene faded in like the floor plan then started to rotate. This would give a more professional feel. Both tours are still too jirky when rotating. This should be smoother and hope Easypano are also concentrating on improvements in this area.

Message posted by bruxist on May-01-2008 at 6:45pm
View bruxist's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by bruxist Search   Quote bruxist Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
bruxist
Standard Member
Standard Member
New Zealand
February-12-2008
88 Posts

Is there a reason for developing a form of stepped loading? I think the answer is yes.

I looked back and found this post "loading window". People can easily lose interest if the download speed is slow, or if all they see is a loading bar or blank screen.

I have to say I prefer to see all my components load together after the preloader has finished, but if I did not have broadband I can see that this 'stepped' approach would be useful.

In the Pro version of TW3 I can achieve this effect already, in a way, by using the background skin image as a preloader image. You get to see the background and progress bar straight away. But how accurate is the progress bar - I do not know.

Message posted by mskp on May-01-2008 at 9:45pm
View mskp's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mskp Search   Quote mskp Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mskp
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

September-14-2006
329 Posts

Hi, yes here I made something like that. I took the skin as a loading background image, inviting the viewer to wait, than when the actually tour begins, I use the skin with a still image which fades into the same image, where the tour really starts. That gives me the time to load the images. This is a demo version I build for a potential client.
So in a way it works as sample two we are invited to give our opinion about.

http://www.msk360.com.ar/images/hosting/chacras/tour/msk360_chacras.html

Regards, Martin

Message posted by emarts on May-02-2008 at 9:40am
View emarts's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by emarts Search   Visit emarts's Homepage www   Quote emarts Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
emarts
Gold Member
Gold Member

June-08-2005
188 Posts
Martin, I really like how yours loads.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register