Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: Clearing the Legal Mud (correct edit.) Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by panomax on December-02-2003 at 11:38am
View panomax's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by panomax Search   Quote panomax Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
panomax
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
December-02-2003
12 Posts

Hello everybody,

I'm new here but old with panoweaver and panorama and would like to dedicate this topic to discuss all legal issues that were frustrating panorama developers, Ipix ;) I've heard they have made patents in US and Germany and they're trying to push their products in Australia. Ok, I understand also that if someone does a copyright in US then the copyright will be effective also with the countries that the US has an agreement with. I think patents are the same. Apparantly this leaves us unable to use panoweaver in US. We, however might be able to use the cubic version in US but it doesn't work with virtual tours. But suppose or lets say for example that a person used panoweaver's products and made a commercial company in US that uses these products to shoot panoramic tours for its customers. Ipix might accuse that company of using panoweaver to stitch the images even though the outcome is cubic. Of course this can be denied but then, who wants to risk it ?These things should be clear but apparantly we have to clear the mud ourselves. 

To 360Texas:

I have seen your panorama site and nice work you got there :) I want to ask about this phrase you posted which needs elaboration and details if I may ask : " IPIX lost to Oxaal Ford recently in a law suit.  IPIX had to get a NON exclusive license from Ford to continue to sell their product." For example, whose Oxal Ford and does this mean that Ipix cannot sue easypano for its products and in that case, why does't easypano copyright and patent its software in USA. Also, can you give me a link to a legal news agency or magazine that said that for example Times, cnn ..

I would like to know why does easypano not put phone numbers, addresses, copyright or anything that would give a place or contact on their website. Is Easypano hiding from something ? Also, cann't Easypano copyright its products in US ? This would at least give us some confidence. Can easypano give us 1 clear and ellobarate statement on which products can and which cann't be used ? Which in which country? And any legal responsiblity in case our asses got suied by Ipix ? Does Easypano has a lawyer who can make it clear to its customers ? And finally can Easypano do I small favor to its worried customers !! by backing up its words with a statement from http://www.uspto.gov/ (US patent office). If easypano can prove all this then I and I'm sure many other customers would be very happy to pay even the double price of the current easypan's packages. Thats because we can make sure we won't get sued and we don't have to pay for the sick per click fee of Ipix.

Take care

Note: they forum or web server may have generated a subject with the same title by mistake, but with Thomas as topic starter.

-------------
A smith&Wesson beats four Aces. Quote:"Murphy's Law"

Message posted by smooth on December-03-2003 at 10:30am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Hi Panomax,

• According to the terms and conditions or the forum you are not to talk about legal issue's. For very good reason. The forum owners and the members are not lawyers and cannot quote correctly on such matters. This and the fact that this is a "World" forum and things differ from country to country.
  • Ford Oxal owns the copyright to this technology NOT ip*x you can visit his website and read all the legal stuff http://www.pictosphere.com/
  • Easypano 3 stitch may well be their escape, as all documents I have read refer to 2 images only.
  • How would anyone know who or what stitched your panorama images? Their are now many stitching programs on the market.
  • My final advise is to "Stop" worrying and just get on with it.

Looking forward to seeing some of your work!

Just my thoughts.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by panomax on December-03-2003 at 4:43pm
View panomax's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by panomax Search   Quote panomax Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
panomax
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
December-02-2003
12 Posts

Hello smooth,

I'm sure Easypano can invest a little time to give the info required by many developers. Forum owners don't have to and its not their responsibility to think of a big and legal issue like this.

Anyway if I owned easypano and wanted my customers to buy my products and not worry and withhold from purchasing; I would invest once and for all to get a word or a statement from the patent office saying etc etc. I'm sure I could make more money this way, but that's just me, I don't know what's the opininion of easypano with this.If this is not possible, then something may be wrong.

It has crossed my mind now that Ford Oxaal might request some kind of licensing from Ipix, easypano, or any company using his patented methods of algorithms. In that case I think Easypano would have a GREAT position in competition if they can get such a clearance or approval for use of patent from him.

I prefer not to deviate the subject by talking on other matters except how to get the PROOF, and hence, Easypono can put a strong hold in the Legal world which her customers can rely on.

-------------
A smith&Wesson beats four Aces. Quote:"Murphy's Law"

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register