Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: pop up swf image with sound Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by emedia on May-05-2008 at 9:46pm
View emedia's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by emedia Search   Quote emedia Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
emedia
Standard Member
Standard Member
Malaysia
May-05-2008
1 Posts
im having a problem when i close my pop up image in my tourviewer which the image is swf including sound..... it won't switch off the sound once i clicked close while it is running.....does anyone have a solution for this?

Message posted by bruxist on May-06-2008 at 5:44am
View bruxist's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by bruxist Search   Quote bruxist Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
bruxist
Standard Member
Standard Member
New Zealand
February-12-2008
88 Posts
Is it a problem with the swf itself? Out of interest have you tried to play and close the swf on its own outside of TW?
Normally "on exit" from a swf you code to stop the sound as well. Or maybe that is the problem, the "on exit" on the swf is not performed because all you do is close the image container in TW? In which case I do not know - I have not used this set up myself.

Message posted by jamesot on May-06-2008 at 9:17am
View jamesot's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by jamesot Search   Visit jamesot's Homepage www   Quote jamesot Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
jamesot
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
January-19-2007
83 Posts

I have had a problem with this as well.  If you close the swf file with sound using the x in the top right corner provided by TW the sound continues even tho the file is closed.  I would recommend we all send a request to fix this to TW. 

You can see they are aware of this because their new example using swf popups does not use sound.

-------------
RTFM
www.FCEDesign.com

Message posted by smooth on May-06-2008 at 9:27am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

This same fault has be expressed on the Pano2VR forum and it appears it is a fault with Flash not Tourweaver or Pano2VR etc. Something to do with the way Flash caches files in the browser temp folder and the way items are arranged in a Flash movie container.

Still, if someone knows of a fix or work around we all would like to hear it.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by bruxist on May-06-2008 at 10:34pm
View bruxist's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by bruxist Search   Quote bruxist Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
bruxist
Standard Member
Standard Member
New Zealand
February-12-2008
88 Posts

This seems similar to this guys problem:
http://www.gotoandlearnforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=16903

Maybe something here but it's heavy reading:
http://livedocs.adobe.com/flex/3/langref/flash/display/Loader.html

You would have to know how EP have implemented the image holder function in TW. Best bet is to contact them.

Message posted by bruxist on May-11-2008 at 10:07pm
bruxist
Standard Member
Standard Member
New Zealand
February-12-2008
88 Posts

May 9th 2008

New updates for Tourweaver are available. In the latest version 3.00.080509, you will find the following changes:

Bug fixes:
[-] After closing the added Popup Image which is a .swf file with sound, the sound still runs without a stop.

Message posted by nerjaace on June-09-2008 at 4:25am
View nerjaace's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by nerjaace Search   Visit nerjaace's Homepage www   Quote nerjaace Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
nerjaace
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-10-2008
585 Posts

I am sorry to report that the bug fix in 3.00.080509 for the sound in SWF files has not been fixed.

example http://www.holidaynerja.co.uk/ep/TourWeaver_swftest.html 

Back to the drawing board on this one :(

Message posted by geraldo on October-22-2008 at 6:30am
View geraldo's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by geraldo Search   Quote geraldo Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
geraldo
Standard Member
Standard Member

September-16-2008
9 Posts
same problem when using popup image function with an external video file. if you are using netstream for loading your audio you can use the same workaround as described here for video files.

Message posted by geraldo on November-03-2008 at 1:11pm
View geraldo's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by geraldo Search   Quote geraldo Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
geraldo
Standard Member
Standard Member

September-16-2008
9 Posts
actually you can't use netstream for mp3 files so I you have to create a SoundChannel for your Sound object to stop playing audio when you close the popup:

var audio:Sound = new Sound(new URLRequest('audio.mp3')); var sndChannel:SoundChannel = sound.play(); root.loaderInfo.addEventListener("unload", function() { sndChannel.stop(); audio.close(); } )

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register