Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: HELP !!!!! Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by maxxnas on May-07-2008 at 5:39am
View maxxnas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by maxxnas Search   Visit maxxnas's Homepage www   Quote maxxnas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
maxxnas
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-11-2007
81 Posts

I'm running 2 different computers...both Intel Dual-Core Processors...Windows XP Media Center Editions.   I have many tours I've made in Tourweaver (v 3.00.080115) published in Flash.

Out of the clear blue...Tours that I am viewing locally on my computer are no longer running well (especially in full screen mode).  I thought it was just my computer at first so I rebooted and The same thing happened.  I barely have any mouse movement or it gets stuck.

Then I went over to my laptop and tried to view the tours that are already loaded on that computer and the same thing happened.

I'm running IE version 7.0.5730.11.   Is anybody out there noticing anything different with their flash tours?  I have my computers set for automatic updates and was thinking that could possibly be the problem.

I also checked my Vista laptop because everything is loaded on there too and that was okay.   XP users running IE 7 let me know.

-------------

web design • virtual tours • photography • video
www.nastudios.com

Message posted by maxxnas on May-07-2008 at 5:45am
View maxxnas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by maxxnas Search   Visit maxxnas's Homepage www   Quote maxxnas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
maxxnas
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-11-2007
81 Posts
UPDATE *****  I checked my tours locally using Firefox, Netscape, and Opera and they run completely normal.   This has something to do with IE.

-------------

www.nastudios.com

Message posted by smooth on May-07-2008 at 1:35pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Uninstall Flash with the Adobe Uninstaller (Read Why) at the same link http://tinyurl.com/2fm3jd

Then reinstall Flash to the latest version.

Regards, Smooth 

Message posted by thedhgroup on May-07-2008 at 2:29pm
View thedhgroup's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by thedhgroup Search   Visit thedhgroup's Homepage www   Quote thedhgroup Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
thedhgroup
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
April-10-2005
131 Posts
The reason "why" seems a little vague to me. Is everyone on the planet (that uses the latest version if IE) going to have to do this if they want to view flash tours? Do I need to put a "problem viewing tour?" notice on all my flash tours? I have not gotten any service calls yet. This is the first I've heard of this.

-------------
www.dvt360.com

Message posted by maxxnas on May-07-2008 at 5:05pm
maxxnas
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-11-2007
81 Posts

Thanks Smooth!

I followed your advice.  Uninstalled all flash plug-ins and reinstalled the latest Flash Player version 9,0,124,0

No luck.  The behavior is still the same.  And as far as my FPP panos go, I can't even view then online or locally.

This amazes me.  How can something work perfectly for 6 months and then stop working?  I'll post if I figure anything else out.

FYI...My panos are 4000 x 2000 Non-Cubic

-------------

www.nastudios.com

Message posted by DaMan on May-08-2008 at 2:10am
View DaMan's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by DaMan Search   Quote DaMan Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
DaMan
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
October-04-2007
111 Posts

I have had this problem also, it seemed to only happen when I use larger files.  When I looked down by click drag of the mouse it would get stuck and spin out of control on its own.  After much frustration I tried many things and found that it worked fine with cube projection.  To me at least it seemed like there was less distortion in cube projection when panning. I have not had this problem since and I only use cube so I am not sure if this is the answer you were looking for but just thought I would throw it out there.  Just trying to help.

DaMan

Message posted by smooth on May-08-2008 at 2:43am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Hmm, I have not had these issues. All my computers are totally up to date. All Flash panoramas are displaying fine on my Vista Home Premium and same for those on Windows XP.

I would be reading more on the FPP forums about your issue.

Got a link to your toublesome panoramas?

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by maxxnas on May-08-2008 at 3:19am
maxxnas
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-11-2007
81 Posts

The issue with FPP has been resolved.  Initially when I made them, I used cubic (stripes) at 9552 x 1592 (5000 x 2500 spherical).  Since Flash player version 9,0,115,0 Adobe reduced the allowable max width to 8191.

I have since upgraded my Flash Player to 9,0,124.0 but the results were the same.  I then resized my FPP cubic to 8118 x 1353 (4250 x 2125 spherical) and the tours now magically work.

This still doesn't resolve my Tourweaver issue.

Thanks for your input Smooth...

You can view the panos at www.riverviewcountryclub.com   Just mouse over Villa on the Green and Select Virtual Tour.

DaMan, thanks for your input.  I will say this much about it... The panos worked great for 6 months and now they aren't working in IE too well.  They still work well in all other browsers.

I'm not sure what the problem could be since I'm only using a spherical resolution of 4000 x 2000.  But since I can't figure anything else out I think I'm going to try your suggestion of the cubic and see what happens.

-------------

www.nastudios.com

Message posted by smooth on May-08-2008 at 4:41am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Something is not right here.

There seems to be a difference between Flash panoramas that are either "self contained" and others like Tourweaver which called the data from and external .xml file.

The reason for things suddenly not displaying/working when they had for so long obviously has to do with an update (read: downgrade) with Adobe Flash Player and more to the point the Internet Explorer ActiveX browser control.

"IF" this is because of a limitation of maximum file size then Easypano need to look into this and make adjustments for future releases. Still, I feel this issue is totally upon Adobe's head. Tourweaver as you have stated worked without issue prior so whatever Adobe has done has stuffed things up! (They must be taking lessons from Apple's Quicktime Team)

You need to be asking Adobe WTF?

Regards, Smooth 

Message posted by tturner on May-08-2008 at 6:16pm
View tturner's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by tturner Search   Quote tturner Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
tturner
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-09-2005
67 Posts

Greetings All,

Jumping in because I have a client with recent flash failures.  These numerous panos were all working fine since last August and then last month stopped.  These were produced with Pano2QTVR in flash 8 and updated scenes with Pano2VR with flash 9.  The site uses PHP and calls the panos to a blank wrapper.  360 Dave worked with me through the Pano2VR site and thanks again.  My client contacted the developer who I now believe is also hosting the tours.  They never explained the problem (my client did not like that) but after about a week all was working again.  I am wondering now if the problem is some type of server updates that do not like to call the flash files.  I realise this is not Easypano problem but just seems strange that flash users are having sudden problems.

Thanks, my 2 cents...
TTurner    

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register