Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: Back button javascript Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by nerjaace on May-16-2008 at 8:25am
View nerjaace's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by nerjaace Search   Visit nerjaace's Homepage www   Quote nerjaace Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
nerjaace
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-10-2008
585 Posts

Hi, I am trying to incorporate a back button to take the user back to the last webpage they where on. I can put the button below the video but I would prefer to keep it within the video.

The normal javascript for html is <FORM><INPUT TYPE="BUTTON" VALUE="Go Back"
ONCLICK="history.go(-1)"></FORM> which works fine out side the video. When i try and put it in the video using the javascript action it does not work.

If you look at my tour

http://www.holidaynerja.co.uk/vt/Tourweaver_JFRES.html

It is the <<PREVIOUS button I am trying to apply the action to.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Message posted by VRtour.nl on May-16-2008 at 9:02am
View VRtour.nl's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by VRtour.nl Search   Visit VRtour.nl's Homepage www   Quote VRtour.nl Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
VRtour.nl
Gold Member
Gold Member
Netherlands
February-08-2004
170 Posts

There is a option in TW called 'Backward'. The action take you back to the last viewing scene. 

Actions > Scene > Backward

Gr, Harry

Message posted by nerjaace on May-16-2008 at 9:18am
View nerjaace's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by nerjaace Search   Visit nerjaace's Homepage www   Quote nerjaace Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
nerjaace
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-10-2008
585 Posts
Thanks, but this was not want I meant. If someone links to my VT from a website I want them to be able to return to that website. It is a very basic bit of javascript but i am having trouble implementing it within the VT. 

Message posted by nerjaace on May-16-2008 at 9:50am
nerjaace
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-10-2008
585 Posts

Sorry, just to make nyself clear. If you where to click on my <<previous link in the VT it should take you back to this forum.

It does seem as though the Execute Javascript function does not function so good. I have tried every which way with this basic javascript and it simply does not work.  

Message posted by willie on May-16-2008 at 7:32pm
View willie's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by willie Search   Visit willie's Homepage www   Quote willie Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
willie
Gold Member
Gold Member
United Kingdom
June-26-2005
217 Posts

Hi nerjaace

I know exactly what you are trying to do. I cant remember if this is available in previous versions, but in TW3, create your button, click ACTIONS then MISC and from the drop down list double click on EXECUTE SCRIPT. when the script box opens type in ...

javascript:history.go(-1)

If you need to go back further than the last page, say two pages, replace the (-1) with (-2)

Hope this helps

Willie

Message posted by nerjaace on May-17-2008 at 3:18am
nerjaace
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-10-2008
585 Posts

Hi Willie, thanks for that. This is exactly what i have been trying to do and indeed your bit of script should work, but sadly it does not. If you can get it working please let me know.

Cheers

Message posted by VRtour.nl on May-17-2008 at 7:38am
View VRtour.nl's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by VRtour.nl Search   Visit VRtour.nl's Homepage www   Quote VRtour.nl Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
VRtour.nl
Gold Member
Gold Member
Netherlands
February-08-2004
170 Posts

In the meanwhile you can place the history-javascripaction outside the TW scriptbox.

<script type="text/javascript">

// <![CDATA[

var so = new SWFObject("twviewer.swf", "sotester", "940", "620", "9.0.28", "#FFFFFF");

so.useExpressInstall('expressinstall.swf');

so.addParam("allowNetworking", "all");

so.addParam("allowScriptAccess", "always");

so.addParam("allowFullScreen", "true");

so.addParam("scale", "noscale");

so.addVariable("lwImg", "vwh-001_vrtour.jpg");

so.addVariable("lwBgColor", "255,232,232,232");

so.addVariable("lwBarBgColor", "255,255,255,255");

so.addVariable("lwBarColor", "255,255,202,31");

so.addVariable("lwBarBounds", "297,430,356,17");

so.addVariable("iniFile", "config_vwh-001.bin");

Message posted by nerjaace on May-17-2008 at 11:34am
nerjaace
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-10-2008
585 Posts
Thanks Harry, definately trying to avoid any buttons outside the tour. If anyone has had any joy with javascript in the actions choice i would love to know.

Message posted by willie on May-19-2008 at 10:18am
View willie's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by willie Search   Visit willie's Homepage www   Quote willie Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
willie
Gold Member
Gold Member
United Kingdom
June-26-2005
217 Posts

Hi nerjaace

I have created a (very basic) launch page with links to both Java & Flash tours with back buttons on the skin. Both use exactly the same javascript of ..

javascript:history.go(-1)

When the back button is clicked, you are returned to the launch page. this works for me on IE& but have not tried it with other brousers though.

Try my example for yourself. it would be interesting to know if it is a brouser issue.

URL to back button example ...

http://www.ipan360.co.uk/test/back_button.html

Willie

Message posted by nerjaace on May-19-2008 at 11:41am
nerjaace
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-10-2008
585 Posts
Hi Willie, thanks for that. I have had a look at both tours (very nice) however there is no "back button" showing on any of the skins. I am using IE6.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register