Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: Animated Hotspots Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by leilatara on May-17-2008 at 4:50am
View leilatara's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by leilatara Search   Visit leilatara's Homepage www   Quote leilatara Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
leilatara
Standard Member
Standard Member
Spain
April-15-2008
7 Posts
I want to add an animated GIF as a hotspot. Can I do this? If so, how please?

-------------
Mike P

Message posted by nerjaace on May-17-2008 at 5:29am
View nerjaace's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by nerjaace Search   Visit nerjaace's Homepage www   Quote nerjaace Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
nerjaace
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-10-2008
585 Posts

Hi Mike, I dont think it is possible, i have tried. You could try something else which might be usefull. If you look at my tour

http://www.holidaynerja.co.uk/vt/Tourweaver_JFRES.html

Click on the lounge and the hotspot on the sofa you will see toggles between 2 images. Its not brilliant but has potential as a work around!!

Hope this helps.

Message posted by nerjaace on May-17-2008 at 5:32am
View nerjaace's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by nerjaace Search   Visit nerjaace's Homepage www   Quote nerjaace Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
nerjaace
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-10-2008
585 Posts
Also Mike, I believe that you can put .swf files that can be animated. Never tried it as I am not that converse with making these file types.

Message posted by nerjaace on May-17-2008 at 5:42am
nerjaace
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-10-2008
585 Posts

Hi Mike, I have just tried adding a hotspot then in action Pop up Image and applying a .swf image. (I used the fullscreenbar.swf in the resourses folder as a sample) It works fine. All you need to do now is learn a bit more about .swf files.

I found a fairly bit of cheap software about $49 at http://www.coffeecup.com/firestarter/ this makes flash files in .swf format which can have mutiple images, hyperlinks etc so probably better than an animated gif.

I need to experiment with it myself so i'll let you know how i get on.

Good luck

Message posted by nerjaace on May-17-2008 at 1:54pm
nerjaace
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-10-2008
585 Posts

Hi Mike, I have been evaluating the firestarter software and pretty impressed. One usefull feature under "Edit" is an animated Gif to SWF converter. You cannot edit swf files in this software only create them so it will only convert an animated gif directly as it is or you can make your own files with hyperlinks etc.

You can them use this swf file in the Pop up image action. Sadly you have to "click" on a hotspot to activate the pop up, a mouse over option would be fantastic - may be one day? (hope your ready this EP)

Cheers 

Message posted by leilatara on May-18-2008 at 1:54am
View leilatara's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by leilatara Search   Visit leilatara's Homepage www   Quote leilatara Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
leilatara
Standard Member
Standard Member
Spain
April-15-2008
7 Posts

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I have managed to create a GIF with three frames and from this I have imported them as separate hotspot images. Then I have used the three different image variations in the Hotspot component. For example, I have a hotspot to transfer into a different scene and it is labelled with the first image indicating the scene. A mouse-over on this image changes it to the second image and a mouse click activates the action to transfer to the scene.

Not perfect and a bit laborious but better than nothing at this stage.

I will try out your other suggestions to see if I can improve on this.

-------------
Mike P

Message posted by leilatara on May-18-2008 at 2:01am
leilatara
Standard Member
Standard Member
Spain
April-15-2008
7 Posts

Hi Nerjaspace,

Yes, I liked your website use of hotspots with the labels appearing after a mouse-over which gave me the idea to try an animated version. I guess I will have to settle for the three stage action that we have both adopted.

Have a look at this website for several solutions to GIFs and SWF files:

http://www.yukudr.com/

-------------
Mike P

Message posted by leilatara on May-20-2008 at 9:24am
leilatara
Standard Member
Standard Member
Spain
April-15-2008
7 Posts

Hi Nerjaace,

I have PM'd you.

-------------
Mike P

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register