Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: Load the Flash tour from other HTML? Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Nepenthe on May-22-2008 at 9:44am
View Nepenthe's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Nepenthe Search   Quote Nepenthe Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Nepenthe
Standard Member
Standard Member
Austria
March-26-2008
8 Posts
Hello,

I need to integrate my Flash tour into an existing website, without popup.
Basically, it works when I put the Flash loading HTML page (copied the SWFObject code from the Tourweaver generated page) in the /_flashvr directory. But when I move the loading page outside the /_flashvr directory and changed all the file references accordingly, like:

var so = new SWFObject("./_flashvr/twviewer.swf", "sotester", "604", "530", "9.0.28", "#FFFFFF");

instead of
var so = new SWFObject("twviewer.swf", "sotester", "604", "530", "9.0.28", "#FFFFFF");

it refuses to load the tour, but my Preloading image DOES get loaded and the loading bar runs to 20%.

Has anyone ever tried this before? Don't think I'm doing something extremly uncommon here, maybe I missed something obvious?

Any hints and tips will be really appreciated, and thanks in advance.

Billy

Message posted by nerjaace on May-22-2008 at 10:25am
View nerjaace's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by nerjaace Search   Visit nerjaace's Homepage www   Quote nerjaace Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
nerjaace
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-10-2008
585 Posts
Hi Billy, have you moved the scenes folder and images.zip folder into the correct directory?

Message posted by Nepenthe on May-23-2008 at 5:02am
View Nepenthe's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Nepenthe Search   Quote Nepenthe Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Nepenthe
Standard Member
Standard Member
Austria
March-26-2008
8 Posts
Oh yes, I actually left everything untouched in the _flashvr directory, linked to the Flash file from an HTML outside the _flashvr directory.
Of course, I adjusted all the paths in the HTML to point to ./_flashvr/*, the Loading image will show up, but the loading bar only runs till 20%:(

Message posted by VRtour.nl on May-23-2008 at 6:31am
View VRtour.nl's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by VRtour.nl Search   Visit VRtour.nl's Homepage www   Quote VRtour.nl Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
VRtour.nl
Gold Member
Gold Member
Netherlands
February-08-2004
170 Posts

Im not sure, but maybe this topic will help:

http://www.easypano.com/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=6&TopicID=3775&PagePosition=3

gr, Harry.

Message posted by Nepenthe on May-26-2008 at 6:36am
Nepenthe
Standard Member
Standard Member
Austria
March-26-2008
8 Posts
Thanks for the link, but unfortunately, the templating method doesn't help either because in that case, the HTML file still stays in the same directory as the other files, which I was able to achieve already.

Moving the HTML file out of the tour directory is the problem:(

Message posted by Nepenthe on May-26-2008 at 7:12am
Nepenthe
Standard Member
Standard Member
Austria
March-26-2008
8 Posts
I did some more tests, even tried a newer version (2.0) of the SWFObject used to load the tour, still no luck.

It seems though the problem is in the twviewer.swf itself, because when I tested with another Flash file with the HTML page staying outside the swfobject.js directory, it worked flawlessly.

twviewer.swf definitely gets the right path to the config_*.bin file, otherwise not even the loading picture will be shown.

I think it all comes down to how the paths are resolved in twviewer.swf internally, any ideas?

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register