Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Editing the config file Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by enviropix on June-09-2008 at 2:41pm
View enviropix's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by enviropix Search   Visit enviropix's Homepage www   Quote enviropix Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
enviropix
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-14-2006
33 Posts

Hi,

Is it possible to edit the config.bin file? I'm guessing this is the file that stores all of the parameters for the tour, and must be the reason for my scenes not linking up. Anyone have any knowledge on this issue?

Jeff

P.S. The tour in question is: http://www.enviropix.com/scottsdale/tour_5th_avenue/vtour.html

-------------
Jeff
www.enviropix.com

Message posted by Vince on June-09-2008 at 9:16pm
View Vince's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Vince Search   Quote Vince Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Vince
Gold Member
Gold Member

August-13-2007
194 Posts
How weird to see Scottsdale again! What do you mean the tours are not linking up?
Vince

Message posted by enviropix on June-09-2008 at 9:27pm
View enviropix's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by enviropix Search   Visit enviropix's Homepage www   Quote enviropix Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
enviropix
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-14-2006
33 Posts

Go to my tourface: http://www.enviropix.com/scottsdale/tour_5th_avenue/vtour.html

Then right click and open scene: Craftsman Court

Inside there are 2 hotspots. Neither of them are working. I'm completely baffled.

All the other hotspots in my tour work, these do not. So if I open the config file, I'm thinking it must be something in the code??

Your thoughts?

Jeff

-------------
Jeff
www.enviropix.com

Message posted by Vince on June-10-2008 at 1:04am
View Vince's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Vince Search   Quote Vince Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Vince
Gold Member
Gold Member

August-13-2007
194 Posts
On my Mac they show up as "T"'s not little dots like the other ones. I saw 3 others that show up as "T" on the map: 5th Ave, the Trolly spot, and just above Gilbert Ortega's. Are you sure that you linked all those spots to tours? I only ask because I have done the same thing.

ETA: When I click the compass at the bottom of the screen the map that comes up shows those spots as "T"'s, and the working tours do not show up.

Message posted by nerjaace on June-10-2008 at 5:00am
View nerjaace's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by nerjaace Search   Visit nerjaace's Homepage www   Quote nerjaace Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
nerjaace
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-10-2008
585 Posts
I can see the hotspots in the "night" view but not in the day view. As you say the two links do not work.

Message posted by enviropix on June-10-2008 at 9:47am
enviropix
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-14-2006
33 Posts

The problem is resolved. I had sent an inquiry to Easy Pano tech support, and what it turned out to be were the ( )'s in the scene name. I knew it had to be simple.

Thanks to all you guys who responded!

Jeff

-------------
Jeff
www.enviropix.com

Message posted by 360texas on June-10-2008 at 3:46pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Yes,  5th Ave is a work of ART !!!  Great job.

Just one observation.  The Fountain "day" and "night" panormas +beacon  are 180 degrees out of phase.  Means when the beacon is pointing in 1 direction the panorama is pointing just the opposite direction.  I think it has to do with  the center point of the panorama.  Center might be 50% from the left side of the flat image.  Do not recall now  - or the intial view might be pointing to the seam area on the left side of the image.

With TW 2,  it was possible to make the beacon be directionally in sync with the panorama.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by enviropix on June-11-2008 at 6:50pm
enviropix
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-14-2006
33 Posts

Thanks Dave,

I'll take a peek. I rushed to get it sea worthy for the meeting with the city and probably overlooked it, so thanks for the heads up!!

Jeff

-------------
Jeff
www.enviropix.com

Message posted by callgary on July-11-2008 at 1:54pm
View callgary's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by callgary Search   Quote callgary Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
callgary
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
November-19-2002
59 Posts
Glad your problem was resolved - B U T -
your original question was never answed -

Is it possible to edit the config.bin file?

Editing the code used to be simple in earlier versions of TW and remains a critical feature for me.

Can someone please explain how to edit the code in TW3?

-------------
callgary
E-mail Gary
Every moment is a learning experience. What have I learned today? What have I taught today?

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register