Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: Rotation Frames per second up'd to 25 Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by 360texas on December-09-2003 at 9:40am
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

With much interest, I received a Easypano Newsletter today.

I noticed that one of the new improvements is that the applet now uses 25 frames per second.

I could be wrong but I think that ptviewer.jar version 2.5 was increased from 25 fps to near 30 fps which provided much needed improvements to the image rendering.

Also I noticed that mouse over 'Pushes' to move the panorama is still difficult.  One of the <params for ptviewer is "<param value = mass" or the Inertia that can be added to the viewer using virtual mass. (floating point parameter).  This parameter influences the response of the viewer to directional changes.  By default, this parameter is set to 0 turning off any delayed responses.  The useful and visible range of parmaters for this option is ~10 to ~30.   The program designer might consider releasing this <param back to minimum mouse effort thereby freeing up the visitors 'Auto' rotation ability.

Only a thought,

Dave

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by panomax on December-09-2003 at 10:39am
View panomax's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by panomax Search   Quote panomax Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
panomax
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
December-02-2003
12 Posts

Hi, that improvement is nice but ptviewer has still better quality in rotation.

thanks

-------------
A smith&Wesson beats four Aces. Quote:"Murphy's Law"

Message posted by widget on December-09-2003 at 6:47pm
View widget's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by widget Search   Quote widget Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
widget
Standard Member
Standard Member
Zimbabwe
December-08-2003
15 Posts

I tested it on a pentium 4,  2.26 Ghz with Geforce 3 Vision Tek card and the motion was ~ ok, but not like ptviewer. Test 2: on pentium 3, 1 Ghz. The speed is very slow. takes 2 seconds to rotate 90 degrees with glitches ! This is very disappointing :( . A lot of my customers have pentium3 and some pentium2. Why is the speed not good ?

chaw

Message posted by Long on December-10-2003 at 1:29am
View Long's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Long Search   Visit Long's Homepage www   Quote Long Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Long
Standard Member
Standard Member

December-10-2003
49 Posts

hi widget,

Did you mean when using the mouse to drive the panorama to rotate, it is too slow?

-------------
Easypano Observer

Message posted by widget on December-10-2003 at 4:21am
View widget's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by widget Search   Quote widget Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
widget
Standard Member
Standard Member
Zimbabwe
December-08-2003
15 Posts

Hi Long,

yes thats true;

also when I let it autorotate on Pentium3 1 Ghz its "Jumpy"

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register