Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: About Window of Easypano Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by nitro44 on December-10-2003 at 2:34am
View nitro44's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by nitro44 Search   Visit nitro44's Homepage www   Quote nitro44 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
nitro44
Standard Member
Standard Member
Canada
December-10-2003
6 Posts

I was wondering how I remove the "About Window of Easypano appears by right clicking within the applet".

I do not think I would have purchased this software if this was in version 1.00. 

I hope this can be removed or modified as everything else in this software is configurable.

Darryl

Message posted by windy on December-10-2003 at 4:15am
View windy's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by windy Search   Quote windy Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
windy
Standard Member
Standard Member

November-13-2003
14 Posts
Easypano chooses to add this "About" window in Tourweaver 1.01 in order to protest its copyright. From its position as a developer, this action can totally be understood.

Message posted by Willem on December-10-2003 at 4:50am
View Willem's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Willem Search   Visit Willem's Homepage www   Quote Willem Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Willem
Standard Member
Standard Member
Netherlands
July-05-2002
26 Posts

This cannot be true !!!!

We ordered the software without the dropdown list.
So, get your programmers to work and delete this as soon as possible.

If this was in 1.00 i never ordered the software. This will cost you a lot of customers !!!

Willem

Message posted by seaman on December-10-2003 at 7:44am
View seaman's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by seaman Search   Visit seaman's Homepage www   Quote seaman Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
seaman
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

April-23-2002
108 Posts

The "about window" of easypano virtual tour player belongs to our new brand strategy. As you know, they are many virtual tour viewers in current market, but most of them does not have a good balance between features and performance enough. What we plan to do is to make a good enough virtual tour player. Not only does it have many advanced features like guided tour, interactive map with compass, but also it has quite low CPU usage.

We sincerely hope the end users in virtual tour will enjoy the wonderful features of our new player, the virtual tour provider will make money from creating wonderful virtual tours with our software, and our player will become the most successful one in virtual tour field. Thus there will be an "triple win" situation among these three parts (end users, virtual tour providers and software development company) concerning virtual tour business.

As you can see from most popular players like flash and Quicktime, both of them do have a right click window. I sincerely hope that you can understand our situation and you will continue to support us. We will continue to develop more and more wonderful products to repay your support.

-------------
To see is to believe

Message posted by smooth on December-10-2003 at 8:26am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Well,

I can see both sides of this argument.

I think those who purchased Version 1.0 are at a disadvantage, as the full information was not disclosed when they made their choice.

Do you think it would be better if you could also add your own information in this right click window?

For those who use this product for making money, I don't see why you would want to promote the program that "helped" build the tour for FREE.

This is an age old argument with software developers. When is a PRO program not a pro program? When it has the developers badge all over it!

Will this help or hinder sales? Time will tell!

For me, this box should have MY information with "maybe" one "last" line that reads assembled with tourweaver v1.1 but not a "Hyperlink" that leads directly to show my customer how to do his own panorama work. If it is/was to contain a Hyperlink then that hyperlink should at the very least be connected to an affiliate program that you get a kick back from should the customer spend money buying software from the developer who's product you are unwittingly promoting and advertising on your server with panorama you took the time to "take and build".

All very interesting! Personally I don't very much like the idea of a mouse right click pop up at all. Maybe that is why people use PTViewer Rather then Quick Time and others that use this right mouse click method. "Flash" is not comparable because their is no alternative.

But with Panorama display the choices are many and varied. Who gets the money is basically up to the consumer.

Just my thoughts.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by panomax on December-10-2003 at 9:03am
View panomax's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by panomax Search   Quote panomax Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
panomax
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
December-02-2003
12 Posts

Hello, I would like to say hi to the Easypano team and still, I encourage you to try that step with copyrighting.

But, not that way !

Please common, I have had researched every softwware on the market and the only way I choose PTviewer is that I can protect my work and effort which I spend for more than a year by not revealing to the customers how I did my Software !

Smooth Quote:

"For those who use this product for making money, I don't see why you would want to promote the program that "helped" build the tour for FREE."

I agree

How do you excpect us to give DEMOs to customers if there is a link on the program we're using !!!

Most of my customers are web development companies who can easily make their own version if they see my demo and which product I'm using.

Please, with all respect to Easypano;. Remove the adds and links.

quicktime is more targeted towards user end and everybody kn\ows that program; but Tourweaver is more targeted towards web develops and hence; there shouldn't be adds or links.

Final statement:

""I would be happy to pay more for the product rather than to say which program I use in my developped software""

-------------
A smith&Wesson beats four Aces. Quote:"Murphy's Law"

Message posted by Willem on December-10-2003 at 9:44am
View Willem's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Willem Search   Visit Willem's Homepage www   Quote Willem Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Willem
Standard Member
Standard Member
Netherlands
July-05-2002
26 Posts

Please mr. Seaman !!! Be fair .... We cannot show our customers that we use the easypano software. We're in the pano business for 3 years now, and we can't show our customers how we do it or show them our compatitors (with all respect)

Again, i paid for the version without the dropdown list so you cannot change that afterwards !!!!!

Willem Zech
www.panoview.nl

Message posted by lapinkulta on December-10-2003 at 10:12am
View lapinkulta's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by lapinkulta Search   Quote lapinkulta Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
lapinkulta
Standard Member
Standard Member
Austria
August-10-2003
35 Posts

I fully agree with panomax and Willem. Remove the copyright from the right click mene. That's not what I bought!!!

Greetings

Gerwin

Message posted by nitro44 on December-10-2003 at 10:42am
View nitro44's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by nitro44 Search   Visit nitro44's Homepage www   Quote nitro44 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
nitro44
Standard Member
Standard Member
Canada
December-10-2003
6 Posts

This is very upsetting as I spent $399.00 on software that I cannot use!! I purchased PT Scripter for for this reason that there is no branding on the software. Why would I want to advertise your company and show my competition and customers where I do business. I really feel I have been taken advantage of and that I will be forced to use version 1.00 which is lacking. If this remains I would Like a Refund! 

Message posted by panomax on December-10-2003 at 10:44am
View panomax's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by panomax Search   Quote panomax Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
panomax
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
December-02-2003
12 Posts

Yes please MR. Seaman its not fair, if easypano wants to make more money we would be happy to pay a few hundred bucks more.

But giving away our keys will pressure down our business as solution providers, web or panorma developers!!

thank you for your understanding

-------------
A smith&Wesson beats four Aces. Quote:"Murphy's Law"

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register