Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Viewer Distortion Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Jeffy on December-11-2003 at 2:18pm
View Jeffy's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Jeffy Search   Visit Jeffy's Homepage www   Quote Jeffy Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Jeffy
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-26-2003
21 Posts

Please see

www.seetucson.com/test/test.html

Watch the blinds carefully in the first pano. You will see each slat of the blinds quickly go from 2 pixels wide to 4 pixels wide (or something like that) as it crosses the mid point of the viewer.

---------------Jeff

WinXP, IE 6.0.2800, Sun Java 2 (v1.4.1), Dell 8300, P4, 3.04, 2 gig, lots of hard disks, TourWeaver, PanoWeaver and other stuff. Call for details! ;-)

Message posted by panomax on December-11-2003 at 2:37pm
View panomax's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by panomax Search   Quote panomax Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
panomax
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
December-02-2003
12 Posts

Hi Jeffy,

I tried on 7:34pm london time, the page loaded, but when I press on the viewer "test" link in the page, server seems not to respond, I'm not sure if this is a tourweaver or server problem. Or maybe you're hosting the jpegs on another server ?

-------------
A smith&Wesson beats four Aces. Quote:"Murphy's Law"

Message posted by Jeffy on December-11-2003 at 2:44pm
View Jeffy's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Jeffy Search   Visit Jeffy's Homepage www   Quote Jeffy Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Jeffy
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-26-2003
21 Posts

I just checked it (from the above listed link) and all is well. (I did just have problems finding easypano.com so maybe the internet is being a little funky today. I've had other "unreleated" problems.

Please give it another shot!

-------------
---------------Jeff

WinXP, IE 6.0.2800, Sun Java 2 (v1.4.1), Dell 8300, P4, 3.04, 2 gig, lots of hard disks, TourWeaver, PanoWeaver and other stuff. Call for details! ;-)

Message posted by panomax on December-11-2003 at 5:34pm
View panomax's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by panomax Search   Quote panomax Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
panomax
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
December-02-2003
12 Posts

Hi, I checked it now.

Man! the motion is very jerky. I think it was less jerky in the easypano Gallery because the picture was of lower resolution.

Please put another tour on the same website,

but use the same resolution as those in the "samples" that come when you download tourweaver so can make sure what the distortion was caused by.

btw, you did this with the latest ver. of tourweaver?

-------------

Message posted by Jeffy on December-12-2003 at 1:24pm
Jeffy
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-26-2003
21 Posts

www.seetucson.com/test/test2.html

That is "sample2" that comes with TourWeaver v1.02.

EasyPano's is 641 x 1591 @ 72dpi

Mine is 700 x 1400 @ 72dpi (gen w/ v1.02)

-------------
---------------Jeff

Message posted by panomax on December-12-2003 at 2:41pm
panomax
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
December-02-2003
12 Posts

Still the same, your sample is Jerky and Easypan's not. Weird, maybe the jar file on the server is the old and not 1.02, check if its updated. If it is, try putting your picture in the project of tourweaver in the "shanghai" tour. Maybe the way you designed your app. made it like that, but I don't think so.

Well, you can always tell your customers that this Jerkyness is not the problem of the software, but actually its a Visual Effect. haha,

just kiding

-------------

Message posted by Jeffy on December-12-2003 at 4:36pm
Jeffy
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-26-2003
21 Posts

Both tours are in the same directory so there is only one copy of the .jar file to load. ???

I notice a very small jerkness from my computers. I didn't notice it until you mentioned it!

-------------
---------------Jeff

Message posted by panomax on December-12-2003 at 6:17pm
panomax
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
December-02-2003
12 Posts

I don't know why the results are like this but I'll help you by prodiding them:

Another test on PIII, radeon VGA 32mb, 256 MB sdram, Win XP:

tourweaver's sample little bit jerky.

your sample a bit more jerky but good.

-------------

Message posted by Long on December-14-2003 at 8:44pm
View Long's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Long Search   Visit Long's Homepage www   Quote Long Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Long
Standard Member
Standard Member

December-10-2003
49 Posts

The jerky result from the gif image of transparent background. When java draw a transparent image, it will handle each pixel of the image and window.

So if your viewer is rectangle, do not use frame image to decorate the border of viewer, and put the border image to background image of applet.

Maybe we will redesign some of the skins in tourweaver setup package.

-------------
Easypano Observer

Message posted by Jeffy on December-15-2003 at 1:37pm
Jeffy
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-26-2003
21 Posts

Dear Panomx,

Per Long's comments above I have posted

www.seetucson.com/test/test1.html <- With viewer frame.

www.seetucson.com/test/test2.html <- With no frame.

All done from TW v1.02.

Let me know your results. Both look the same to me.

-------------
---------------Jeff

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register