Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Tilting with fisheye Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by takme360 on July-03-2008 at 8:46am
View takme360's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by takme360 Search   Quote takme360 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
takme360
Standard Member
Standard Member
Canada
June-19-2008
26 Posts
Is there a way to limit the amount of tilt, up or down, for a fisheye image? I set all the controls to "0" but still no luck. I've fiddled with other numbers and same problem. It doesn't look right if the user pans up and there's a bunch of white space underneath.

Message posted by realtor jerry on July-03-2008 at 10:12am
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts
Can you post a link to we can see what the problem is?

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!

Message posted by takme360 on July-04-2008 at 6:51am
View takme360's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by takme360 Search   Quote takme360 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
takme360
Standard Member
Standard Member
Canada
June-19-2008
26 Posts
www.360closeup.com/example/

Message posted by mskp on July-04-2008 at 9:44am
View mskp's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mskp Search   Quote mskp Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mskp
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

September-14-2006
329 Posts

Hi, first of all try changing the "Scene type" under "Properties" of the scene. Then you have also the different settings of the scene, Pan, Tilt, FOV.

Regards, Martin

Message posted by realtor jerry on July-04-2008 at 10:13am
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts

Nice tour and welcome to the forum.
1. Are you shooting with a "one-shot" lens?
2. When you click to add a scene what type are you selecting?

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

Message posted by takme360 on July-04-2008 at 5:58pm
takme360
Standard Member
Standard Member
Canada
June-19-2008
26 Posts
I'm shooting with a fisheye and selecting fisheye when I select properties. I find for some reason cylindrical images look like sh** in narrow spaces like hallways, etc. The edges get all warped and the scene just doesn't flow right.

Maybe I should change it to a spherical image?

Martin: I selected single fisheye and set the tilt values at "0".

Thanks for the compliments on the tour btw jerry.

Message posted by realtor jerry on July-04-2008 at 6:17pm
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts

Looking at the tour you appear to be using a one-shot type lens.

In Tourweaver when you click to add a scene try one of the "One Shot" types.
If you are not using a one-shot lens what is your set-up?
The more information we have the better we can help. 
Hope this helps.

-------------

Message posted by takme360 on July-06-2008 at 5:56pm
takme360
Standard Member
Standard Member
Canada
June-19-2008
26 Posts
I know how to change the image properties, it's not rocket science. As I said before, I'm shooting with a fisheye and stitching those images together.

Maybe there's a way to disable tilting? Cuz all the other image types (one shot, spherical, cylindrical) warp the edges and really hurt the overall appearance of the tour.

Message posted by realtor jerry on July-06-2008 at 6:42pm
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts

Seems I have upset you. Let me assure you that was not my intentions. I was just trying to offer some help but you can rest assured that I will not make that mistake again. Must be some rocket science involved, as shown in the image above it says "Add single fisheye" yours is not a single fisheye image and you still have never said what kind of fisheye lens and camera you are using. You know that could make a difference.
Maybe someone else can get you to tell what lens and camera you are using and mayby they will help you.

-------------

Message posted by takme360 on July-06-2008 at 7:25pm
takme360
Standard Member
Standard Member
Canada
June-19-2008
26 Posts
Zing! You got me there Jerry. Thanks for putting me in my place. But seriously, let's be civil about this, please.

What difference would equipment make in the fact I don't want:
a. The image in the tour to tilt
b. Lose the quality that the "single fisheye" type has compared to basically all the other types. As I mentioned before: the other types warp and distort the edges when the tour is panning and it looks like crap.

It's the software that I use to promote the image that I want to manipulate, not the shooting process or final processed image. If you have a better answer than the one above, I'm all ears.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register