Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: Uploading to FTP Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by prettyinpink on July-08-2008 at 10:03pm
View prettyinpink's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by prettyinpink Search   Quote prettyinpink Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
prettyinpink
Standard Member
Standard Member
Canada
July-08-2008
8 Posts

I have read many posts regarding uploading to FTP. I have no idea what I could possibly be doing wrong, but it is just not working out for me. I load other things with no problem, but the Tourweaver seems to be an issue.

I have been uploading all of the files that are produced to the appropriate location, but to no avail.

Any and all info is greatly appreciated!!

-------------
Just trying to figure it all out....

Message posted by Vince on July-08-2008 at 10:13pm
View Vince's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Vince Search   Quote Vince Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Vince
Gold Member
Gold Member

August-13-2007
194 Posts
Welcome aboard,

Let's start with which version of TW you are using, and what ftp client you are using to upload the file. With that info, someone should be able to give specific advise to help you.

Vince

Message posted by realtor jerry on July-08-2008 at 10:15pm
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts
I'll just through this out but I'm sure you already know this, make sure there are NO spaces in ANY files or in the image names. This was my big mistake.
Oh by the way, welcome to the forum. I'm sure you'll get all the help you will need here.

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!

Message posted by Vince on July-08-2008 at 10:57pm
View Vince's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Vince Search   Quote Vince Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Vince
Gold Member
Gold Member

August-13-2007
194 Posts
Jerrys right,

Don't name them like this

Bobs House of Pancakes front.jpg

This is OK

BobsHouseofPancakesfront.jpg

or this

Bobs_House_of_Pancakes_ front.jpg

Message posted by nerjaace on July-09-2008 at 3:29am
View nerjaace's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by nerjaace Search   Visit nerjaace's Homepage www   Quote nerjaace Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
nerjaace
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-10-2008
585 Posts
Hi Prettyinpink, welcome to the forum. Are you loading the directory "flashvr" or just the contents inside? It may be just a directory path issue in your url. What should the url be can you tell us?

Message posted by prettyinpink on July-09-2008 at 7:42am
View prettyinpink's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by prettyinpink Search   Quote prettyinpink Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
prettyinpink
Standard Member
Standard Member
Canada
July-08-2008
8 Posts

I am using Ipswitch WS_FTP. Tourweaver 3.0. No spaces in directory names.

I have tried uploading the entire "flashvr" and also just the contents.

I am wondering if it is something that I am not doing in the publish page. There are a couple of fields that I am not quite sure of. What is the "Publish Page" and it's two options? And why is my only option  for "Default movie" slide show? And what is "Pop up file name prefix"?

Lots of questions, I know.

I appreciate all of your help. I am sure it is some small easy thing, but I just can't figure it out.

Thanks so much!!

-------------
Just trying to figure it all out....

Message posted by nerjaace on July-09-2008 at 10:57am
View nerjaace's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by nerjaace Search   Visit nerjaace's Homepage www   Quote nerjaace Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
nerjaace
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-10-2008
585 Posts

Hi, Firstly the "Publish Page " options. The default sinply produces a straight forward html page with your tour. The second option enables you to create an html template and have the tour embed itself within that template. This is very usefull if you have a standard format for your webpages either by css or html, i.e your logo at the top and links on the page etc. I would suggest that you leave it on the default option for now, in any case selecting the other option will be rejected if your template does not carry the necessary "insert" code.

Secondly, I guess you only have one option of slide show because you have not created a movie???

When you go to publish the tour make sure you select "Open output folder after publish". A new window will pop up with the folders that you need to ftp. Before doing so d/click on the html file to see that it works. If all is good then you should be able to upload all the files into a directory. It should look like something like this:

www.yourdomain.com/

name of directory where you store your tour/

scenes/ (folder)

sounds/ (folder)

config_XXX.bin (file)

flashversion.html (file)

xxx_yourtour.html (file)

yourtour.html (file)

swfobject.swf (file)

twviewer.swf (file)

images_yourtour.zip (file)

Hope that makes sense. So long as the path in the path in the url is correct that takes you to xx_yourtour.html all should work fine.

Let us know how you get on.

Message posted by nerjaace on July-09-2008 at 11:00am
nerjaace
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-10-2008
585 Posts
Just another thing, if you want let me know your domain name so i can look at the directory structure, maybe I can spot something. I would need to know the full url path.

Message posted by realtor jerry on July-09-2008 at 11:08am
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts
Are you getting an error message or just nothing happens?
The "default movie" is the movie you have produced unless you go into "Movie REC" and make a new movie. Here is a fine example by Don (Hawkaye007) of what can be done.
As for the "Pop up file name prefix", not sure what it's for I just leave it the same.

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!

Message posted by nerjaace on July-09-2008 at 11:08am
nerjaace
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-10-2008
585 Posts
Sorry I didnt see your other question regarding the pop up prefix. The default for this is Tourweaver. You may notice that your html file is called Tourweaver_nameofyourtour.html. You can change this to whatever you like i.e VirtualTour_nameofyourtour.html. Naturally this is important to know because it is part of the main url address.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register