Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: Tourweaver 4.00 is updated on Aug 6th Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by easypano on August-06-2008 at 10:28pm
View easypano's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by easypano Search   Quote easypano Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
easypano
Forum Admin
Forum Administrator

April-23-2002
207 Posts

Dear all,

Tourweaver 4.00 is updated on Aug 6th and the latest builder is 4.00.080806, please download this builder here: http://www.easypano.com/download-tw400.html.

Fixed bugs:

[-]The font display in TextArea is inconsistent with the settings.
[-]The loading percentage displayed shows incorrectly.
[-]The blur issue while image loading.
[-]Progress bar always shows 0% when scene switches.
[-]Settings made to thumbnail background color and border color are ineffective.
[-]Hotspot text display is word wrapped.
[-]Program freezes when closing down the Preview window.
[-]The pop-up position deviation of a popup window.
[-]The inaccurate display of the width/height of thumbnail.
[-]The ineffectiveness of some transition effects of still images.
[-]Incomplete display of the top of a scene after adjusting tilt, min values of it.
[-]Hint added in non-TextArea way is not displayed.
[-]Can still go into full screen when "Enable full screen" option is not ticked.
[-]The repeated emergency of hint when mouse over a text hotspot.
[-]Ctrl+C/Ctrl+V can't be used to copy and paste components.
[-]The preview color of listbox background is white though set to transparent.
[-]The ineffectiveness of loop set to Play/pause movie.
[-]The display position error of hotspots added to map when running.
[-]The displayed position in a scene is inconsistent with the settings in the properties panel when switching it from Flat view to Immersive view.
[-]Too long text in TextArea won't display.

Improved/Changed features:

[*]Percentage display of progress bar when loading scene truly shows the loading progress.
[*]Hint added to Full Screen toolbar
[*]Support shortcut "Ctrl+A" to select all the texts in text and textarea.
[*]Transparency available for hint.

<FONT face=Arial>Best Regards,
<FONT face=Arial>Easypano

-------------
Easypano
The Virual Tour Way

Message posted by sunibmms on August-07-2008 at 5:14am
View sunibmms's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by sunibmms Search   Quote sunibmms Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
sunibmms
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
May-11-2007
29 Posts

Message posted by jamesot on August-11-2008 at 1:46am
View jamesot's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by jamesot Search   Visit jamesot's Homepage www   Quote jamesot Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
jamesot
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
January-19-2007
83 Posts

I think this version is much worse than the beta before it. The version before would load and then still be blurry and show a preview image untill it really loaded up.  This was never the case in TW3.0 and I feel TW3.0 is much better because of this.  You can see this example here

http://www.fcedesign.com/tw4/tvt_mv-hole1-tw4.html

Now I republished the same tour with the new release and now except for the 1st scene the rest are always blurry.  A this is a big step backwords and we need it fixed ASAP (After further testing there was a few times the loading thing actualy worked once or twice but with clicking radar spots on the map and or hot spots in the tour it quickly stopped working.)  Also I liked how TW3 would load the image first and then do the walk through transition.

republished tour with most recent version of TW4

http://www.fcedesign.com/tw4-886/tvt_mv-hole1-tw4.html

Message posted by smooth on August-11-2008 at 12:30pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

jamesot,

It is hard to compare when both your links point to the same version.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by smooth on August-11-2008 at 12:43pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

I find the same problem is carried over from Tourweaver 3.0 to 4.0 with the Movie Controller. "If" you add multiple movie tracks after setting your movie controller. It defaults your controller to the last added movie track. The "default" movie track should retain preference and NOT the last one in your track list.

With Still Images they still do NOT display the way they show in the build when you have selected Exact Size.

The Pop-Up Window "should" be allowed to be positioned via drag and not only by guessing X/Y coordinates.

I have the call to have multiple "sound mute/on/off" for different audio tracks. Currently selecting mute/off stops "all" audio tracks. I my case I have background music and voice over music it would be nice to be able to stop one or the other at any time without stopping both.

[Updated 12/09/2008]

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by jamesot on August-11-2008 at 11:24pm
View jamesot's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by jamesot Search   Visit jamesot's Homepage www   Quote jamesot Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
jamesot
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
January-19-2007
83 Posts

Smooth,
You are right both tours are the same.  I just posted them using the 2 different beta versions of TW4.0 for comparison.  I am not happy with either result.  If you would like here is the same concept using TW3.0, which I am happy with.

http://www.fcedesign.com/montvista/tvt_montvista.html

Message posted by smooth on August-12-2008 at 1:53am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by smooth on August-11-2008

The Pop-Up Window "should" be allowed to be positioned via drag and not only by guessing X/Y coordinates.

Regards, Smooth

Carol from Easypano has kindly pointed out that that holding down the Ctrl button whilst dragging with left mouse click is possible. Thank you for this information.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by smooth on August-12-2008 at 1:57am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by jamesot on August-11-2008

Smooth,
You are right both tours are the same.  I just posted them using the 2 different beta versions of TW4.0 for comparison.  I am not happy with either result.  If you would like here is the same concept using TW3.0, which I am happy with.

http://www.fcedesign.com/montvista/tvt_montvista.html

OK, I see now - my mistake, I didn't read it properly it would seem.

I also think the 3.0 version is better as far as this is concerned.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by carol on August-13-2008 at 2:09am
View carol's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by carol Search   Quote carol Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
carol
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
China
April-21-2004
60 Posts

Hi Jamesot and Smooth,

Thanks for your testing on Tourweaver 4.

Based on the feedbacks from many customers, the visitors often want to see the tour in a shorter time, especially for the ones that visit your tour for the first time.

In order to accelerate the loading process, we use preview image for the tours in TW4. In the publishing settings, if different resolutions for normal and full screen image is set, or"slice display" is selected, the tour will use a preview image, which I guess is what cuased Jaemsot's tour blurry. 

If you select either of the two options (diffrent image quality in normal/full screen and slice display), the progress bar finishes as soon as the blury preview image is loaded. But at this time, the real big clear pano is not loaded yet. Therefore, you will see the tour get sharp gradually from a blurry image although the loading bar ends. But this way can let the visitors to see the tour at a shorter time.

If you use neither of the options, the loading bar will ends until the real image is loaded, which is the way that TW3 uses. In this way, there will be no blurry image, but longer time is needed for visitors to see the tour.

Do all of you think that it's better not to load a blurry preview image for accelerating the loading process?

Thanks.

Best regards,

Carol

Easypano

Message posted by smooth on August-13-2008 at 2:44am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Hello Carol,

I believe blurry "colour" images adds confusion and people close the tour because they think that's as good as it gets or think it's faulty. If the options are available as you say I would be inclined to set it the same as TW 3.0 version. I suppose a grey scale image preloader would be OK just to show that there is something happening but the loader bar is doing this so in my eyes they are the two methods I would consider for pre-loading. 

Regards, Smooth

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register