Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: benefits of using panos for clients Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by ddietrich on August-07-2008 at 10:34am
View ddietrich's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by ddietrich Search   Quote ddietrich Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
ddietrich
Standard Member
Standard Member
Brazil
July-28-2008
66 Posts

Hi people,

Im new to the job, so I would like to have some info about the benefits of the panos (tour) usage for clients.

They all think about money, so, lets take this in priority.
Does anyone have any info about how better a place got visited, or a product was sold with the tours?

If you could, please, describe us the better approach?

Thanks in advance,
Daniel Dietrich

Message posted by realtor jerry on August-07-2008 at 11:03am
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts

Daniel, in the U.S. our real estate listings are posted on Realtor.com. Statics show that homes with Virtual Tours are viewed 40% more than listings without a tour. Statics show that people that view a listing with a tour are more serious about purchasing. Reason is they are not going to waste their time to see a house after seeing a tour if they are not interested. So it may not increase traffic but the traffic is of better quality, meaning serious buyers.

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!

Message posted by WideEyes on August-08-2008 at 5:46pm
View WideEyes's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by WideEyes Search   Visit WideEyes's Homepage www   Quote WideEyes Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
WideEyes
Standard Member
Standard Member
Denmark
April-15-2005
57 Posts

Hi

There are many articles dealing with this topic. I had a lot of links at my web page but they are no longer online.

But look at these and you'll get some documentation:

http://www.hotel-online.com/News/PR2005_3rd/Aug05_BWVirtual.html

http://www.hotel-online.com/News/PR2005_4th/Nov05_HotelVisuals.html

regards

Morten

Message posted by rfh12002 on August-08-2008 at 6:29pm
View rfh12002's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rfh12002 Search   Visit rfh12002's Homepage www   Quote rfh12002 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts

Nice to see you back Morten - either that or I've missed seeing you post.

F

-------------
sales@actualeducation.co.uk
www.actualeducation.co.uk

Message posted by Wide-Eyes on August-08-2008 at 9:24pm
View Wide-Eyes's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Wide-Eyes Search   Visit Wide-Eyes's Homepage www   Quote Wide-Eyes Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Wide-Eyes
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-03-2005
569 Posts
Thanks

Yes I have been absent for quite a while. Been busy producing tours so it's a good reason *lol* - but it's also because I don't use TW anymore, so I haven't got much to contribute with...

But I'll try not to be a stranger.

-------------
Best regards

Morten Andersen
- a newbie trying to improve

Message posted by ddietrich on August-19-2008 at 5:22pm
View ddietrich's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by ddietrich Search   Quote ddietrich Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
ddietrich
Standard Member
Standard Member
Brazil
July-28-2008
66 Posts
Hi people,

Im back again!

Do you guys have any info about shopping malls beneffits?
Or, shopping mall admins?

The better question is: How do you sell your services?
Wich point do you focus?

In this specific situation (shopping malls), wich info should I bring them in order to buy my idea? The job is great, but how to sell it?

Thanks in advance!
Daniel

Message posted by realtor jerry on August-19-2008 at 5:32pm
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts
Never tried selling my services outside of real estate yet. A shopping mall is a great idea. I think I would start by going in early one morning when it's not busy and shot a few scenes. Then contact management and show my wares. But first I would check their website and see if I thought they could use a tour.

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

Message posted by ddietrich on August-19-2008 at 5:43pm
ddietrich
Standard Member
Standard Member
Brazil
July-28-2008
66 Posts

Hi Realtor,

Here its not possible to take pictures of shopping malls, without permission, due to security questions.

And i should buy an 8mm lens to take picture of people walking. hehe
Im with a 18-55 on a 450D. It gets 29mm with the crop factor.
It means almost 40 pictures (without hdr).
Its almost impossible.

So, lets think.
Youll take the pictures (to have a portfolio).. and will offer them based on wich information?
Theyll ask: "Why are you offering me this? How good will it be to the shopping that justify the investments?"

Thanks again!!!!!!! :)

Message posted by realtor jerry on August-19-2008 at 5:57pm
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts
Good questions. Not only can you sell to the mall itself but you can sell to each store. The benefit is the same as for any virtual tour, its like being there.
Yes if you are going to go professional then you have to look professional and have professional equipment. So go ahead and order the lens, you have my permission.
As for the question "why are you offering me this" just ask them why do you have pictures on your website? If a picture is worth a thousands words then a virtual tour must be worth a thousand pictures.

-------------

Message posted by ddietrich on August-19-2008 at 6:21pm
ddietrich
Standard Member
Standard Member
Brazil
July-28-2008
66 Posts
Wow Man!
Im knocked down with that one!
Good point! :)

Although people like number$, its really a good point!!!

About the lens...
Thanks for the permission! :)
Do you send me the money also ? hehehehehe Just kidding!
Lens here are soooooooooooooo expensive!!
But.. i really consider that!
Could you please (or anyone else) send me the original images of a scene taken with a 8mm?
Im afraid of dont knowing exacly what to do, or waste too much time learning when i should already know (when i get some job) :)

Im brand new to this photographic world. Actualy im a designer and musician :)
But it looks a great way of living! I just love the results! :)... and I think I learn kinda fast! :)

Thanks again!

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register