Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: Wise Pop up Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Vince on August-07-2008 at 12:33pm
View Vince's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Vince Search   Quote Vince Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Vince
Gold Member
Gold Member

August-13-2007
194 Posts
I just down loaded a trail or Wise Pop Up and just want to check that I'm understanding what it does correctly.

Am I correct in understanding that it does not produce a tour window that will pop up in a correctly sized window from a "copy and past" link that I provide a client.

I looks to me that it provides wonderful control over the size, location and behavior of the window, but only from a link imbedded in a web page.

Is that correct?
Vince

Message posted by smooth on August-07-2008 at 12:37pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

You can ONLY pop a sized window from another HTML page.

So yes, you are reading this correct.

You will find many references to this software and tutorial on it's use on this forum with a little searching.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by Vince on August-07-2008 at 1:30pm
View Vince's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Vince Search   Quote Vince Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Vince
Gold Member
Gold Member

August-13-2007
194 Posts
Thanks Smooth, and it was one of your post I got the information from.   
Off to study some more!
Vince

Message posted by smooth on August-07-2008 at 1:54pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Wise Pop-Up Tutorial

Trial Download

Purchase

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by nerjaace on August-07-2008 at 2:28pm
View nerjaace's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by nerjaace Search   Visit nerjaace's Homepage www   Quote nerjaace Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
nerjaace
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-10-2008
585 Posts
Hi Vince, you can produce a sized pop up within your tour using the java script option in actions. I may be misunderstanding your needs here so apoligies if I am off the mark. 

Message posted by Vince on August-07-2008 at 3:01pm
Vince
Gold Member
Gold Member

August-13-2007
194 Posts
Hi Nerjaace,

I do tours for realtors, and they are limited on how they can post links.
It has to be less then 100 caricatures, and can not be a java script. So it has to be something like this

http://easypano.com/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=6&TopicID=4029&PagePosition=1

Getting the tour to open in the a correctly sized window on my web page, or with a client that has their web page is easy enough to do. It's the "copy and paste link" solution that we are all searching for.
vince

Message posted by nerjaace on August-08-2008 at 4:23am
View nerjaace's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by nerjaace Search   Visit nerjaace's Homepage www   Quote nerjaace Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
nerjaace
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-10-2008
585 Posts
Hi Vince, If I understand correctly it is a problem you have with the length of the URL? If this is the case can you not have subdomains set up on your server for each realtor followed by a simple reference numbering system for each property. That way you can limit directories thus reducing the string length or you can use a meta redirect in the webpage.

Message posted by realtor jerry on August-09-2008 at 5:57pm
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts
If you are looking for a "caricature" solution only you can use  http://tinyurl.com/ and that will give you only 25 caricatures, and it's free. 

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!

Message posted by nerjaace on August-09-2008 at 6:42pm
nerjaace
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-10-2008
585 Posts
Nice post. realtor jerry :)

Message posted by Vince on August-09-2008 at 6:57pm
Vince
Gold Member
Gold Member

August-13-2007
194 Posts
It's not the size of the link, it's getting a page to resize itself after it opens. On pages that use java script, the solution is easy with TW1.25, but when you have to supply your client (in this case realtors) with a link that they paste into a form that is only designed to except "http://" style links, I can't find a solution. IIRC, one solution is to provide a http:// link to a page that opens a pop up and then automatically closes, but it looks like that method can get blocked by pop up blockers. And if I understand all I have read, esp. the posts from Smooth, I'm chasing a shadow. It does not look like a solution for what I want exists.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register