Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: my first tour Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by chip on August-15-2008 at 1:44pm
View chip's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by chip Search   Quote chip Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
chip
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
August-09-2008
43 Posts

after the first person clicks this link i will no longer be a virtual tour virgin

so go on pop my cherry

http://www.javeapropertyservices.com/properties/morricio/index.html

Message posted by chip on August-15-2008 at 1:54pm
View chip's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by chip Search   Quote chip Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
chip
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
August-09-2008
43 Posts

some technical stuff

yes there are some spelling mistakes, this is up for tests purposes only at the moment and needs proofing

the order of pics in the gallery needs changing, and the slide show needs changing to play pause

i need to add proper buttons where i have used default one

i tried to hide the fact you can see the tours in full screen on the tour page as i feel the quality is just not good enough for full screen, added it on the gallery page

so whats the verdict? is it straight to e-bay with a load of stuff for sale

Message posted by realtor jerry on August-15-2008 at 2:24pm
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts

I guess I get to be the cherry buster, was always good at that.
You have some serious leveling problems. If you are using a one-shot lens always check the bubble on the top to make sure it's level on each shot.. Some are level and others are way off. If you are using a dslr with a fisheye lens you need to make sure the first shot in the rotation is level and don't worry about the other shots in the rotation.
I think the colors are OK, I would pull out some of the yellows in Photoshop.
Over all I think you did a very nice job on your first tour. I did have some problems figuring out the navigation at a first glance. I think a non-virtual tour person might have some problems navigating. I think you need an "auto play" button so you can always go back to the auto mode.
As for the full screen mode just uncheck it on the publish screen.  
Well done.

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!

Message posted by rfh12002 on August-15-2008 at 2:39pm
View rfh12002's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rfh12002 Search   Visit rfh12002's Homepage www   Quote rfh12002 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts

Some nice things there - much better than I did with a one-shot.

One thing I noticed - try and make your initial still image (before you take the tour) so that it doesnt move - what I do is make my skin and then work out the scene viewer size - my stills go into that size exactly - this means that when I select 'actual size' it doesn't have any movement. Some people using virtual tours really dont get the technology (trust me) and they mgiht think that that image is the virtual tour because it moves a little.

Hope this helps.  Any thing you want more help with and just yell - this place has been a real help to me over the years.

F

-------------
sales@actualeducation.co.uk
www.actualeducation.co.uk

Message posted by nerjaace on August-15-2008 at 3:20pm
View nerjaace's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by nerjaace Search   Visit nerjaace's Homepage www   Quote nerjaace Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
nerjaace
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-10-2008
585 Posts

Hi Chip, very good first tour. I agree with realtor jerry on his points regards navigation and on levelling.

One thing that stands out is the quality of the panos. even with  a one-shot you should be able to acheive sharper images. Did you keep the resolution too low I wonder?

Its  a learning curve and we are all here to help :)

Message posted by chip on August-15-2008 at 3:20pm
chip
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
August-09-2008
43 Posts

hi

Thanks for looking, I had noticed that some of the tours seamed out of level, i thought i had taken care to get it level on site (oneshot) my tripod head has screw fine adjustment

i batch processed the conversion from oneshot to flat image, i wondered if the centring was off there?

I split the information into 3 sections(pages)to try and  help making understanding the site easier, but yes i need to look at this further

i take on board about the images on the homepage, altering to best fit, and having the bg colour the same as my page will sort that out (occasionally i may want a portrait orientation in there)

Message posted by rfh12002 on August-15-2008 at 4:42pm
View rfh12002's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rfh12002 Search   Visit rfh12002's Homepage www   Quote rfh12002 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts
One thing that might help with the quality of your images is that the FOV seems to be quite 'zoomed in' - maybe backing it off a little will help?

-------------
sales@actualeducation.co.uk
www.actualeducation.co.uk

Message posted by realtor jerry on August-15-2008 at 5:22pm
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts
The leveling can not be affected in the processing. If its off when shot then that's what you have to work with.
Are you using the 0-360 lens? I used a panhead to center the bubble in the top of the lens. That way you don't have to worry about the tripod being level.
What camera are you using?

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register