Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Cannot view tour in Mac&Safari! Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by vargas on August-17-2008 at 11:40am
View vargas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by vargas Search   Visit vargas's Homepage www   Quote vargas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
vargas
Standard Member
Standard Member
China
March-05-2007
12 Posts

I have cecently developed several tours for clients who uses Mac OS, Safari, and Firefox. But clients cannot see the panos. They have tested in PC and tour works well.  Anyone who knows how to resolve this problem?

Thanks in advance!

Here is the link: www.vtoutsource.com/flashvr/project10.html

-------------
Stitching and Tourweaver Services
vargashan@gmail.com
------------------------
www.vtoutsource.com

Message posted by jamesot on August-17-2008 at 11:51am
View jamesot's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by jamesot Search   Visit jamesot's Homepage www   Quote jamesot Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
jamesot
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
January-19-2007
83 Posts
You sould send a link for us to test.  We test all our tours on both PC, and Mac with Safari and Firefox.  All of our tours work great on both systems. 

Message posted by 360texas on August-17-2008 at 12:01pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Thank you for replying  The Mac is a G5 O/s X.  She tried  Safari  and Firefox.

I am using PC Vista SP1 and IE7 with Flash Ver 9.115.x  and I can see the TW page image rotating.

She says it loads and only sees a white box [read viewer window].  She verified that she has Flash version 9.x on her Mac computer.

She also said that she can see Flash panorama [not tourweaver flavor] on this page.  Click a red/ white star

http://360texas.com/virtualtour/texas/stockyard/ttof/indexexchange.htm

Here is Tourweaver test link

http://www.vtoutsource.com/flashvr/project10.html#

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by nerjaace on August-17-2008 at 1:17pm
View nerjaace's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by nerjaace Search   Visit nerjaace's Homepage www   Quote nerjaace Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
nerjaace
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-10-2008
585 Posts
Hi, the link http://www.vtoutsource.com/flashvr/project10.html# works for me in XP IE6 but does take a very long time to load. Maybe they have to wait a bit longer?

Message posted by 360texas on August-17-2008 at 1:24pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Single pano is only 1.4mb   Tourweaver support files are about 1/2 mb(.5mb).  Total 1.8mb

Which brings up another good question.  If we use TW for viewing 1 property.  Tourweaver will not display anything unless it is FULLY downloaded.  So if we had 12 panoramas  each 1 mb,  that means ALL 12 mb would have to be downloaded BEFORE the visitor could see anything.   Arrrrrg  maybe this is not good idea.   Might work if it were for DVD's only.

Cut file size down to 500kb for each 12 panos.  Makes 6mb + TW 1/2mb overhead download for a website.    AND then we want to display a 500kb file FLASH FULL SCREEN. 

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by Vince on August-17-2008 at 1:39pm
View Vince's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Vince Search   Quote Vince Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Vince
Gold Member
Gold Member

August-13-2007
194 Posts
It loads and runs on my Mac using Safari, but it even with my cable connection, it takes a very long time to load.   How does she connect to the internet? I had a tour that clients had trouble seeing, and it turned out they were useing wireless internet cards. My thread.

Message posted by 360texas on August-17-2008 at 2:16pm
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Ah.. I think she is using cable connection for her G5 desktop.  I think her G5 Mac is wired to the cable connection.

We did email the TW file set to her in zip form so she could try to view it locally on G5 desktop.  Got same response.. white screen  viewer box. 

It was like it was waiting for her to do something but not telling her what.  Could it be that the xml file is checking her Mac for require Flash viewer?  Does TW need a stand alone Flash viewer to see pano's.  Or does it use the browser Flash plug in viewer?

I know that Adobe download page has 2 flavors of Flash ->  one for browsers plugin like Flash embed code in HTML page and  ->> stand alone version ... just click the .swf file to see the Flash pano.

We did try looking at it using her Wireless Mac notebook and gave up quickly.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by Vince on August-17-2008 at 2:42pm
View Vince's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Vince Search   Quote Vince Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Vince
Gold Member
Gold Member

August-13-2007
194 Posts
I just looked at it again. As it loads it shows progress across the bottom of the window. All looks good up to (I think) item 6 of 8, then it shows 1 error in loading.

As for the internet connection, one of the things I discovered is that the connection speed people think they have may not be what they really have. This is a good sight for a speed test, and if nothing else, will help rule that out as the issue.

http://test.lvcm.com/

Message posted by 360texas on August-17-2008 at 2:48pm
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Hi thats a great connection speed test page.

For my aDSL connection I am reading 5.13 mbps  download  and 640 kbps upload

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by 360texas on August-17-2008 at 3:53pm
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Ok dumb question time -

If you get this error message:  what next 

You do not have the Flash plugin installed, or your browser does not support Javascript (you should enable it, perhaps?)

We know the Flash plugin version 9 is installed... where do you enable the Mac IE, or Safari or Foxfire Browser  Javascript feature?

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register