Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: Speeding up Workflow and important ?'s. Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by realtor jerry on August-19-2008 at 9:45am
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts
Hi AlphaVR and welcome to the forum. I visited your website and you seem to have the issue of blown out windows well under control, nice job. Are you using a one-shot lens as they didn't seem to hold up very well in full screen.
I wish you well in your venture but have doubts that you will be able to find photographers that will go to a site for $89.99. I would be very interested to see how you can finish a tour from start to finish in 10 minutes. It takes me about 20 minutes in publishing time. I must be doing something terribly wrong and look forward to seeing your program. I shot a 4500 sq ft house yesterday and it took me about 4 hours just to shoot the 13 VT's and stills. I will spend about 5 hours on the stills and no telling how long on the VT scenes. Then I have to make a custom skin. According to your price list you can do this for $109.99. I did mine for $150.00 but only because it's an in-office agents personal home and they give me a lot of business. If not for that I would have charged at least $250.
Again I wish you the best and hope you will keep us posted as to your progress as maybe we could all benefit from it.

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!

Message posted by realtor jerry on August-19-2008 at 8:30pm
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts

I went back and re-read your post and I'm not sure what a "global apply setting" is. I never have to set any kind of zoom. If you are talking about field of view, I use the same one about 99% of the time.
My hat is off to you if you can walk into a house and walk out in 30 minutes tops with 6 scenes and 16 stills. It takes me 30 minutes to  get in, view the house and set-up my equipment before I ever take the first shot.
Obviously you don't bracket because that would take to much time. So how do you get good shots with out the blown-out windows. Is it the flash?
If I lived close to you I would pay to see you in action. 

PS: what stiching program are you using that can stitch that fast?

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

Message posted by pixelator on August-20-2008 at 2:05pm
View pixelator's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by pixelator Search   Visit pixelator's Homepage www   Quote pixelator Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
pixelator
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-21-2005
502 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by realtor jerry on August-19-2008

I went back and re-read your post and I'm not sure what a "global apply setting" is.

So how do you get good shots with out the blown-out windows. Is it the flash?

PS: what stiching program are you using that can stitch that fast?

Hey Jerry,
I understand what AlphaVR is saying with using a "global setting". Actually TW 1.3 was easier to use in this regard as you did not have to switch over to the movie screen to get your numbers for speed, fov .etc. You had your properties right there with the image. However, TW 1.3 did not offer a "global setting" either. What AlphaVR is wanting to accomplish is to set the first movie with his settings, then hit a button that will apply those settings to the remaining scenes.

Most of my scenes will not have the same starting fov so this "global setting" would really be of no use to me.

Answering the question of the windows is pretty simple. AlphaVR is using a SB-800 flash mounted to the hot shoe. You can clearly see it in many of the mirrors and windows.

What we can not see is the ceiling. I would really like to see the results of the ceiling while using a hot shoe mounted flash.

Message posted by realtor jerry on August-20-2008 at 3:09pm
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts
OK, kind-of thought that may be what he was wanting. I would have no use for something like that as 99% of my scenes are set at 110 FOV. The only time I change is outside. I zoom in if I shot from to far out.

-------------

Message posted by smooth on August-20-2008 at 3:17pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

You have the option to set your own preferred "default" settings in Edit>Preference>Scene that may be suitable for the "Global" requirements you are after.

The best thing in there (Edit>Preference) you can set Tourweaver to default to a decent "font" as Times Roman is the worst scene font known to man.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by mlwhite on August-20-2008 at 4:24pm
View mlwhite's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mlwhite Search   Quote mlwhite Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mlwhite
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-16-2008
7 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by smooth on August-20-2008

The best thing in there (Edit>Preference) you can set Tourweaver to default to a decent "font" as Times Roman is the worst scene font known to man.

Regards, Smooth

I agree.. Times New Roman has to be one of the worst fonts.

Message posted by mlwhite on August-20-2008 at 4:26pm
View mlwhite's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mlwhite Search   Quote mlwhite Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mlwhite
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-16-2008
7 Posts

I was wondering about flash.  Pixel and Jerry, do you use flash when you shoot virtual tours?  What about with a difuser?

Thanks,

Mike

Message posted by unouno on August-20-2008 at 5:49pm
View unouno's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by unouno Search   Quote unouno Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
unouno
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-30-2007
28 Posts
Hi,
I don't believe that someone can take 16 still pictures plus 6 virtual scenes in 30 minutes. If you want to take a panorama with 12 mm lens you need minimum 6 pictures, before that you need to walk the house, setup the equipment, set up the room (close or open windows/doors) level the camera and the take the pictures .

stills per panorama by 6 panoramas = 36 pictures plus 16 stills = 52 pictures taken in 30 minutes an average of 34 seconds per picture.

Also you need walk to the rooms, analyze them set up the equipment (check levels, light conditions, etc).

For Processing and Publishing:

I have a fast AMD quad computer with 4 Gig memory, fast 10k rpm Raid disc and it take s an average of 5-6 minutes per panorama to:
Identify pictures to load, Load pictures, Pre-stitch, Check alignment points, check the seams in the viewer, if are OK made the final stitch/rendering and the save to disc.

I have Realviz stitcher 5.6, Panoweaver 5.0 , Ptgui 7.8, and they took almost the same time.

If you multiply 6 panoramas by 6 minutes = 36 minutes, within the last 4 minutes he needs to call tourweaver program,
load the 6 panoramas and 16 stills,
change the name of the pictures and panoramas (thumbnail),
select the view for the thumbnail,
select the entry point for each panorama,
change the agent name,
Change the email link,
Call google and find the address for the map,
change the google address link,
Publish the tour
test the tour locally,
upload to internet
and test the uploaded tour.

In my experience with more than 200 touweaver virtual tours is impossible to take 6 panoramas and 16 stills pictures AND publish-upload a virtual tour in 1 Hour with 10 minutes.

I spent for a 6 panorama   and 6 still virtual tour 3 hrs in taking pictures(Raw,multibracket, top),   1 hrs processing (conversion, stitching, color correction) and 1 hrs assembling - publishing the tour in Tourweaver.

If the tour has a floor plan I use 1 more hour to scan, clean, resize and link scenes.

Raul

Message posted by pixelator on August-20-2008 at 7:37pm
View pixelator's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by pixelator Search   Visit pixelator's Homepage www   Quote pixelator Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
pixelator
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-21-2005
502 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by mlwhite on August-20-2008

I was wondering about flash. Pixel and Jerry, do you use flash when you shoot virtual tours? What about with a difuser?

Thanks,

Mike

Hey mlwhite,

I have not used a flash while doing panos but will be trying it out very soon.

I started a thread about external lighting that can be viewed
HERE

Message posted by realtor jerry on August-20-2008 at 7:54pm
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts
I have not tried flash either. I know it does work as I have seen some very good results for it. You do have to watch for reflections that will show up in any kind of glass. Pictures, showers, mirrors, windows, glass doors and high gloss furniture will all show the flash glare.

-------------

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register