Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: how long to make a tour? Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by chip on August-19-2008 at 4:40am
View chip's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by chip Search   Quote chip Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
chip
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
August-09-2008
43 Posts

when you become proficient how long will it take to make a tour?

being a little more specific, after taking the pictures on site, from siting down on you PC chair to finished tour being uploaded,

if we say 8 tours, no stills, no maps, no text areas, the pictures will needing stitching and blending, and you are using a pre made skin

Ta Steve

Message posted by pixelator on August-19-2008 at 2:38pm
View pixelator's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by pixelator Search   Visit pixelator's Homepage www   Quote pixelator Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
pixelator
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-21-2005
502 Posts
Shoot Time = 1.5 hours
Process Time = 12 hours

Total Time = 13.5 hours

VIEW TOUR

This is my personal house and is currently for sale by owner. Shoot time was 1.5 hours but was distracted with a few neighbors along with placing some things out of site that I would not normally do.

Process time included the following:
Open all RAW images in photoshop and do some lens correction for vignetting and save as .tiff
Open the .tiff bracketed images in Photomatix and merge to IDR and save
Open the 4 IDR images in PW5 and stitch.
Preview and do final stitch.
Convert to cubic and save.
Open cubic in photoshop and do touch ups (ceiling, remove camera from mirrors, etc.)
Save cubic from photoshop.
Import cubic image into PW5 and convert to spherical from cubic.
Save as .tiff
Open spherical .tiff in photoshop
CREATE MIRROR BALL for tripod cap.
Merge layers, select image size, then set image size to 2500x1200, run ultra sharpen and save for web with setting of around 650K.

Open TW3 add all the .jpgs and set the settings. The skin used I already had made which took about 5 minutes.

Hope this helps,
Pixel

EDIT 3:15 EST or 1515
This will all depend on your machine too. I am at 3.0GHZ with 2MB of RAM ( I am currently looking into adding RAM to help with process)

Message posted by willie on August-19-2008 at 4:15pm
View willie's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by willie Search   Visit willie's Homepage www   Quote willie Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
willie
Gold Member
Gold Member
United Kingdom
June-26-2005
217 Posts

Hi Pixelator,

Thanks for the reminder on how to do the Spheres. I had forgotten that.

I noticed you took 12 hours to process your photos. A think fair amount of your time would have been taken up in the conversion process between cubic to spheric with Photoshop and PW5. If you were to install Sphere to Cube Express plugin filter from Super Rune  into photoshop, you would then only need to stitch to sphere once. Open the pano in photoshop, run the Sphere to Cube Express filter, touch up the ceiling, then procede to creating the mirror ball. You wouldn't need to exit from Photoshop until you had saved for web in the usual way. This should shave a little time off your work flow.

To use Super Rune properly you must follow the simple but important instructions. click here to visit their website

Hope this is helpful.

Regards,

Willie

Message posted by realtor jerry on August-19-2008 at 4:31pm
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts
Was just getting ready to suggest the same system. With the free plug-in for Photoshop you can stitch in spherical and not have to go back to PW5.

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!

Message posted by pixelator on August-19-2008 at 5:32pm
View pixelator's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by pixelator Search   Visit pixelator's Homepage www   Quote pixelator Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
pixelator
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-21-2005
502 Posts

Willie & Jerry,

Thanks for the link and suggestions about the plugin, I'll take a closer look.

As for the time constraint it can be found in Photomatix.  It seems to take FOREVER.  It loads the images pretty quickly, I then select Detail Enhancer for tone mapping and she starts getting slugish when saving the .tiff.  My hope is that I can add some memory to speed her up a bit.

Thanks again for the suggested plugin.

Message posted by realtor jerry on August-19-2008 at 5:48pm
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts
Seems I am doing mine just backwards of everyone else. I stitch in PW5 and then merge in Photomatix and then on to Photoshop for fine tuning. My clients want a branded mirror ball so I have to go back to PW5 to add that as the last thing. I do one with the agent cap and then one with my cap.

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

Message posted by pixelator on August-19-2008 at 6:13pm
pixelator
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-21-2005
502 Posts

Jerry,

You are stitching 3 times thus increasing your workload.  Merge in Photomatix then use those images to stitch once.  Also, when you save the images that Photomatix gives you, name them ?1 - ?4 then when you open in PW5 and have auto select turned on, it will place the images with only one click.

Give it a go, hope this helps.

Message posted by realtor jerry on August-19-2008 at 6:58pm
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts
How do you figure I'm stitching 3 times? Unless you're talking about my brackets then it would be 5 times. I bracket 5. Do you "batch" merge in photomatix? I take 6+T so how would I batch merge them so there would no variation in the images?

-------------

Message posted by pixelator on August-19-2008 at 8:22pm
pixelator
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-21-2005
502 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by realtor jerry on August-19-2008
How do you figure I'm stitching 3 times? Unless you're talking about my brackets then it would be 5 times. I bracket 5. Do you "batch" merge in photomatix? I take 6+T so how would I batch merge them so there would no variation in the images?

I was referring to your brackets:

stitching the underexposed then the exposed and the overexposed images. I have never used the "batch" process in photomatix.

You indicated you were doing things backwards, stitching before merging. This is what led me to believe that you would be stitching 3 times.

Sorry if this in incorrect. So are you saying that you batch in photomatix then stitch those? I'm a little confused at this point

Message posted by realtor jerry on August-19-2008 at 8:35pm
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts
No I batch stitch each set of 35 images (6+T X 5 brackets) in PW5. Then I take the 5 stitched brackets into Photomatix and merge then to Photoshop.

-------------

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register