Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: business plan Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by chip on August-20-2008 at 7:20am
View chip's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by chip Search   Quote chip Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
chip
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
August-09-2008
43 Posts

I know you keep getting the same questions from us new members, but you know you love it ;-)

A  quick background first

I have sort of stumbled into this, I have a reasonable amount of photography experience, done 5/6 weddings and been a keen armature for years, my wife runs a holiday letting business, and i started taking some stills for her, adopting quite a strong hdr image to give a lot of punch in the listings,

I have 2 friends in the real estate business, who after seeing a set i did for a 1m villa said i should do this for MONEY

So I entered your world, very quickly it became apparent that VT are important, I just had no idea what was involved in making a good one,

Back to the Master Plan

I operate in Spain (come from the UK), real estate here works differently in that there is very few agents who Work exclusively, so your property might be on with 20 different agents, meaning no one agent will spend the money or time to take decent pictures let alone VTs,

here is my business opportunity, to provide professional photography to the person selling the house(not the agent), this will require a lot of sales and marketing effort, for this i have approached somebody(sales man) who will sell the product, because i would be useless at sales:-)

I am happy with the pictures I can produce, and the kit i have to do this with, whats being a large learning curve is these bloody virtual tours, I did a set for stitching, thought it took way to long on site and in post process, so i got a 360 one shot, Hmmm was that a mistake?

I have canon 40D, canon 20d, canon G9, canon 10-22, canon 24-70 2.8, 70-200 2.8, 2 good tripods/heads, 4 speedlights + transmitter, loads of other photography bits

I purchased a 15m extending tower to do low aerial shots,

I have a good fast computer and laptop

I have lightroom2, CS3, smartdraw, PtGiu, tourweaver3, photomatex, buisness class website,

I have just ordered  Sigma8mm3.5 Agno`s Tcpshort, and a tripod leveling base, is it worth getting the ringT for the 8mm?

A lot of you do this for a living, you have the benefit of experience, is there any major flaws in my plan?

introducing a salesperson will put my prices up by 30/40% and maybe another 10% to sweeten the agents for the introductions, but I dont think advertising and Internet will be enough, do any of you use a salesperson?

I think i am nearly there with the kit, or am i? shall i ditch the oneshot, or is there a market for quick cheap tours?

same with the software, is what i have adequate?

this forum has been a huge source of help and information for me, when you charge a client good money for being a professional you are supposed to know what you are doing, and with your continued help i may even get there

Many Thanks

Steve

Message posted by realtor jerry on August-20-2008 at 8:52am
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts

I would recommend the ringT. I have it and leave my lens attached and all I have to do is attach the camera. From what I've read here it's best to have the lens attached to the rotor than the camera.
Sounds like you have a plan all set-up and you seem to own every piece of equipment and program know to man. Wish I had something to sell you.
As for the one-shot lens, if you already own it then you may want to keep it.. You never know when you might want to take a VT of that small but special walk-in closet that just doesn't have enough room for you and the camera.  

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!

Message posted by 360texas on August-20-2008 at 9:13am
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

The panoramas are not the product.  The residential property is the clients product.   Like trying to see a high quality home through a dirty window with  1 Shot lens   1 image  fast post processing - My opinion this lens produces poor quality imaging, which does not reflect your clients high quality residential property.

Business Plan is a written document laying out all the core needs of the company expectation for staying in business.  It defines the companies product its competition, and forecast for annual revenue.  Oh yes, but then you probably already knew that requirement.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by chip on August-20-2008 at 10:29am
View chip's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by chip Search   Quote chip Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
chip
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
August-09-2008
43 Posts

yea i thought the one shot was a bad investment

but i am on a learning curve here

above is not a business plan, just a few ramblings of somebody that has spent too much time in front of his pc than is probably good for him,

My competition

I cant find anybody else offering these services in this area, so that's either a very good or very bad thing

its hard to determine a price until i have an accurate time scale for my work flow, your comments in my other thread have been helpful with this,

ultimately the price will be determined by what the client are willing to pay, until we try to market the services this will be a bit of a guess,

i will order the ringT, this means i can leave the battery grip and tripod mounting plate on the camera, just switching lenses,

i am presming that the 8mm on a 40D will have too much distortion  to yield usable still shots?

Message posted by realtor jerry on August-20-2008 at 10:47am
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts
Better make sure you can use the battery grip with the set-up you're talking about.

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

Message posted by chip on August-20-2008 at 11:38am
chip
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
August-09-2008
43 Posts
Yea it looks like i will have to drop the grip off on the pano head, or use the 20D

Message posted by tbrusson on August-20-2008 at 2:21pm
View tbrusson's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by tbrusson Search   Quote tbrusson Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
tbrusson
Gold Member
Gold Member
France
October-23-2006
164 Posts
Hi Chip,
concerning the real estate agencies, the situation is the same in France and since they all sell the same house or flat, it's very difficult to convince one of them to pay for the others (I don't know what is the situation like in UK or USA ? if one could tell me to compare).
Marketing directly the tour to the owners is a solution but I would focuse on high end real estate.

thierry

Message posted by realtor jerry on August-20-2008 at 2:52pm
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts
In the US you can list with only one agent but any licensed agent can sell the house and get half of the commission. Are you saying that in the UK and France you can list with as many agents as you want to?

-------------

Message posted by chip on August-20-2008 at 4:21pm
chip
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
August-09-2008
43 Posts

in the UK it is mostly exclusive 95% one agent,

in Spain, it is rarely exclusive 95% the opposite of the UK, some of the agents have deals where the primary agent gets 50% and the selling agent gets 50%, this is for the coastal regions where the buyers are European

Message posted by tbrusson on August-23-2008 at 10:37am
View tbrusson's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by tbrusson Search   Quote tbrusson Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
tbrusson
Gold Member
Gold Member
France
October-23-2006
164 Posts
Hi Realtor jerry, for information in France, the rule is plain war bewteen real estate agencies but for exclusivity contract (rare) or arrangements between two agencies.

Basically if a guy wants to sell his house an place a selling post sign on his window, he is likely ot receive 20 phones calls from differents real estate agencies offering to sell his house.

That's the reason why each agency is taking pictures and posting pictures which can not give any clue to others agencies where the house is. The competition between agencies is real. They all try to get exclusive contract but no one wants to sign any. Some agencies just review all the real estate listing and try to figure out where the goods are to offer the owners their service as well.

You won't find any google map linked to any house of flat. They all seell the same house, sometimes at diferent prices and the first one to finalize the sale will get the comission. You only get comission after the sale. It's illegal here to charge any fee before the end of the sale.

So unless there is a special deal betweeen two agencies, the main agency can pay for the ads and another agency can sell the goods and get the whole comission, leaving nothing for the first one.

thierry

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register