Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: Low Quality Video Export Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by ddietrich on August-21-2008 at 7:39pm
View ddietrich's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by ddietrich Search   Quote ddietrich Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
ddietrich
Standard Member
Standard Member
Brazil
July-28-2008
66 Posts
Hi People,

I'm trying to export a vĂ­deo file from a movie (basic one), but the exported result is really poor!

Bad collors (Low pallete), auto fade in (i don't want it), and so on...

Is it possible to control the video quality?
I'm exporting to mpeg 2, 1024x720

Thanks,
Daniel

Message posted by ddietrich on August-21-2008 at 11:59pm
View ddietrich's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by ddietrich Search   Quote ddietrich Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
ddietrich
Standard Member
Standard Member
Brazil
July-28-2008
66 Posts

By the way....

If tourweaver can't do it well, is there any other way to have the autoplay exported to mpeg or avi file??

Have anyone tryed it?

Thanks for your attention and help! :)

Message posted by smooth on August-22-2008 at 2:33am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Please do a forum search on this topic as it has been well covered previously. Basically you need to export to H.264 and render to DVD with 3rd Party software. Quality will vary greatly depending on how you render and with what.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by DaMan on August-22-2008 at 3:18am
View DaMan's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by DaMan Search   Quote DaMan Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
DaMan
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
October-04-2007
111 Posts

This topic has been covered many times and EP has not listened yet. Sorry EP but it is important and people are always asking for GOOD quality so please do something. 

The only way I have found to do it is to use make a cube in a 3d program and position the camera inside for the video.  The quality is excellent.  It is very complicated so please do not ask how I did it, it also takes a TON of time but the results are worth it.  I will upload one room that I did so far sometime this weekend if anybody is interested.

BTW. 

Point 1  I find video almost as important as the computer based tour when I try and sell my services to hotels or tourist because they sometimes want a video with a loop of the tour on a flatscreen TV.  DVD machines are common place and easy to maintain compared to computers.

Point 2  In Real Estate many offices have flatscreens in their windows to get people attention.  Now they are doing the boring (my opinion ) slide shows, but wouldn't a 360 tour look much better?  I am working on an eclusive deal with a RE company now and they plan on using the 360 tour as a way yo get more listings and sell themselves as an upscale full service RE company.

Sorry for rant :) but had to get that out there.  I really like EP and the TW program, do not get me wrong.  I can not wait to buy the upgrade, but I wish they would work on quality issues instead of bells and whistles that I have a "wow" factor but when you get over that the quality issues make it harder to sell and always leaves me with a less satisfied feeling. For EX. flash viewer and video output quality. 

DaMan

Message posted by realtor jerry on August-22-2008 at 2:17pm
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts

Thanks DaMan, I would be interested in seeing the results.
You said "don't ask", OK maybe you can give a hint as to where to start looking for information on the "how to" of what you're doing.
Thanks

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!

Message posted by DaMan on August-22-2008 at 2:57pm
View DaMan's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by DaMan Search   Quote DaMan Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
DaMan
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
October-04-2007
111 Posts

Hi Jerry,

I will gladly put the example online this weekend and post a link here.  As to explain how.... I would not know where to begin because I have spent months getting it set up and I have not even looked at what the final settings are.  It has been a big experiment.  Please understand I am not a perfectionist by any means but I have burned and tested over fifty DVDs trying to get this setup to where I can truely say I LIKE IT!!  For ex. file size, render time, setup time, video compression, and final quality of output.  One of the first couple tries I did a 30 second clip and the file size ending up being 1.2 GB and took almost 2 hours to render.

I will post an update tomorrow with the link and more info.  My son is asleep in the office\baby room, :) so I can not do it today.

DaMan

Message posted by DaMan on August-23-2008 at 5:26am
DaMan
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
October-04-2007
111 Posts

Hello,

I uploaded the file and you can check it out..

File removed.. ask if you want a sample, will gladly supply link again

It is only a 30 second test clip but the file size is 25mb (it was over 500mb before compression) I included a 3d text for a real estate company here and it also has the floorplan with the rotating radar on it.  It is also for PAL widescreen TV in MPEG2 so I am not sure how it will look in the US, but that is a simple fix.  I live in Europe but I am from the USA, so everything is PAL here.

Please keep in mind this is still a test.  I just finished the setup and did not choose the best FoV or the best 360 picture (as far as WB is concerned)  I spent my time getting the final output to the quality I wanted and I was amazed with it.  It is cystal clear and I could not be happier.

Jerry. as far as how I did it.  I used 7 programs, Premiere Pro , After Effect Pro, Flash Pro., SWIFT 3D, Quick Screen Recorder (for map and radar), Adobe Video encoder.  Then burn to DVD with Encore.  This is why I said "don't ask".  I would not know where to begin to teach someone how to do it.  If you know After Effects and Premiere very well then you can do it.  You basically create a 3D room in After Effects and put the cube faces from the 360 pano on each face then add camera motion inside the room and then render it.  If you know After Effects you will understand what I mean. I hope this was helpful. 

I feel I have written to much already and will see if people are even interested. Let me know what you think. 

DaMan

Message posted by chip on August-23-2008 at 6:37am
View chip's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by chip Search   Quote chip Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
chip
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
August-09-2008
43 Posts
DaMan

looks like a lot of work

could you set a camcorder in front of your monitor? play your TW, then just a quick edit in a video editor

i bet if you played with the transitions in TW you could easily chop the movie up in premier pro then the user could jump to or select rooms via the DVD remote

Message posted by chip on August-23-2008 at 6:41am
View chip's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by chip Search   Quote chip Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
chip
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
August-09-2008
43 Posts
or maybe one of those screen capture programs

link to one

never tried this, it just seams that you have done all the hard work in producing the tour, then to start again

obviously you have looked into this more than me

Steve

Message posted by DaMan on August-23-2008 at 6:47am
DaMan
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
October-04-2007
111 Posts

Hi Steve,

I problem is quality.  I have not tried every screen capture programs out there but I have tried some of the best that I could find without results that I could sell.  (in my opinion)  I could be wrong and trust me I do not want to do all this work if I don't have to.  If anyone finds a way to come up with a better quality or even close to this I am all ears.

DaMan

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register