Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Auto resume Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by takme360 on August-22-2008 at 11:57am
View takme360's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by takme360 Search   Quote takme360 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
takme360
Standard Member
Standard Member
Canada
June-19-2008
26 Posts
Clients (and myself) aren't very fond of the fact that TW doesn't resume transitioning to the next scene after a user has clicked on the thumbnail or gone through a hotspot. Anyone have any suggestions or tricks which can help/ease this problem?

Message posted by Vince on August-22-2008 at 12:20pm
View Vince's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Vince Search   Quote Vince Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Vince
Gold Member
Gold Member

August-13-2007
194 Posts
In TW 1.25 you can add a "restart the movie" button. I don't know about newer versions of TW.

Sample

Message posted by realtor jerry on August-22-2008 at 2:01pm
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts
All versions have the option to "auto play". I always add a button that plainly states "AUTO PLAY" and add instructions on how it works.

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!

Message posted by Thatone1785 on August-22-2008 at 6:28pm
View Thatone1785's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Thatone1785 Search   Visit Thatone1785's Homepage www   Quote Thatone1785 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Thatone1785
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
June-10-2006
154 Posts
I think it would be a great feature to have what you are requesting takeme360. I understand the issue here. Even if there is a start/stop autoplay button, people aren't always smart enough to use it. It would be great if after say 10 seconds on inactivity the tour would just move to the next scene in the scene list... Maybe we should request this for TW4?

-------------
Will Best
Virtual Impressions Inc.
Real Estate Virtual Tours and Floor Plans

Message posted by realtor jerry on August-22-2008 at 8:37pm
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts

That would be a great feature to have. I have seen it in some single scene tours but never in a full tour program such as TW. Maybe other's have.

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

Message posted by takme360 on August-26-2008 at 11:12am
View takme360's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by takme360 Search   Quote takme360 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
takme360
Standard Member
Standard Member
Canada
June-19-2008
26 Posts
I have also seen it in other single tours but I was very surprised to see that TW doesn't offer it. Not everyone using these tours are computer savvy, remember. Which is why I get a lot of questions as to why the tour doesn't continue playing. I think this is something TW NEEDS to offer. Listen to the people paying for your product TW and implement this feature.

Message posted by mskp on August-26-2008 at 12:10pm
View mskp's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mskp Search   Quote mskp Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mskp
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

September-14-2006
329 Posts

Hi!
Yes it is something to be solved. The problem is that the scenes choosen from the thumbnailbox or any other box or way of interfering with the scenes, the scene shown will be the original loaded scene, not the one you have edited in the movie you have choosen as default. The only way of skipping scenes and keep "in" the movie and keep on playing as one, is using the slider of the "movie controller". Grabing it and moving it one or the other direction (right/left) will advance or rewind the movie. There where you release the slider the tour restarts.
A way is to find out (calculate) where the different scenes start on the slider, so one can create a skin with marks for each scene and place the movie controller on it, so when viewing the tour one can slide in a more precisely way. It sounds not so easy or simple, but maybe worth to try.

Regards, Martin

Message posted by realtor jerry on August-26-2008 at 12:47pm
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts
If this is something you want you should put in a "feature request".

-------------

Message posted by smooth on August-26-2008 at 1:16pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Without testing it myself, I'm sure it was mentioned that TW4 now allows you to edit the "Slideshow" movie track so I would think (again without testing) that this would solve this issue.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by mskp on August-26-2008 at 1:30pm
View mskp's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mskp Search   Quote mskp Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mskp
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

September-14-2006
329 Posts

Thanks, Smooth! You are right. Will test it right now. I hope it works, because that is a feature we were asking EP to include in future versions.

Martin

Edit: you can edit the slideshow, but clicking on a thumbnail or choosing next scene, etc. the scene is still the unedited one.
I will keep on trying.

Edit 2: you can edit, but not save the changes (?) it still has the "locked" symbol.
The online manual says: "This SlideShow is allowed to be modified by customers in which the frames could be added, deleted and the properties of the frame can also be edited."

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register