Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: Camera height position Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by donquicovelez on August-23-2008 at 3:14pm
View donquicovelez's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by donquicovelez Search   Visit donquicovelez's Homepage www   Quote donquicovelez Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
donquicovelez
Standard Member
Standard Member
Dominican Republic
August-23-2008
7 Posts

Hi, I'm new to EP and just finished my first paid tour, which I present to your consideration. Please I need your feed back to improve.

http://www.donquicovelez.com/CLARION/DQV_HOTCLAR.html

I would like to know which is the exact height to set the camera when shooting panoramic photos indoors an outdooors. I use a nikon 2D with angular lenses. I now have a new challenge,  a VT to a golf course for a well reputed Resort in my country.

Also, if possible, which is the perfect size to the spherical pictures for not having the rounded look on the final product.

Thank you all for your help and constructive comments.

-------------
No se cual es la clave del exito, pero la clave del fracaso es intentar agradar a todo el mundo.

Bill Cosby

Message posted by rfh12002 on August-23-2008 at 5:34pm
View rfh12002's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rfh12002 Search   Visit rfh12002's Homepage www   Quote rfh12002 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts

Congrats on your first paid tour!  I like what I saw - I viewed all the scenes at full screen and they worked well.  Only points I could see were a difference in  the black desk in the first scene - one part is lighter but this isnt a worry I'd say.  Maybe having the camera at head height would help. I tend to keep mine down a little bit (I'm 6'3 - 191cms!) unless there is something really interesting in which case I say 'We now crouch down to see' but my tours are accompanied by text and sound and look at historical places.

Very professional!

-------------
sales@actualeducation.co.uk
www.actualeducation.co.uk

Message posted by Vince on August-23-2008 at 6:16pm
View Vince's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Vince Search   Quote Vince Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Vince
Gold Member
Gold Member

August-13-2007
194 Posts
Welcome aboard.

I tend to have my camera at 1.75 meters (about 5'7"), a little below average eye level. for short rooms I will drop the camera down to show less ceiling. Most people tilt their head down, so they see more of the floor then the ceiling. If you tilt your pano it will look distorted. Before you shoot the golf course you should go to a local park and shoot from the same spot with the camera at deferent heights. I have found for things like golf courses and parks having the camera at 2 or evan 3 meters works well.
Vince

Message posted by mskp on August-23-2008 at 7:15pm
View mskp's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mskp Search   Quote mskp Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mskp
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

September-14-2006
329 Posts

Hi, Don Quico!

Welcome and congratulations. I find the layout userfriendly, but I always include in my tours a button with the actions, "play/pause" movie. That is useful when one interferes manually in the scenes or chooses one scene thru the thumbnails in your case. The only way to return to play the movie is with such a button. It has to be a "toggle" button (you have to choose it under type). I create a button with "detener Tour" and the same with "reanudar Tour".
Here you can see an example:

http://www.msk360.com.ar/images/hosting/chetta/lw/chetta_chettalw.html

The only way to skipping scenes and keep at the same time "in " the movie is using the slider in the "Movie Controller".
Regarding the height, I think it is very personal and depends the place or room your are shooting. In my case I prefer under the eye height (a media altura).

Good luck with your next project.
Repblica Dominicana, also known as the greatest golf course. Is it true?

Regards, Martin

Message posted by donquicovelez on August-24-2008 at 10:26am
View donquicovelez's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by donquicovelez Search   Visit donquicovelez's Homepage www   Quote donquicovelez Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
donquicovelez
Standard Member
Standard Member
Dominican Republic
August-23-2008
7 Posts

So happy and excited for your helpful and sincere tips. I would like to ask MSKP ( che pibe  :)  )  how to work with the movie controller, I've never used it before cause I don't know how. Do I have to make a movie first or how it it done?

I have to tell you, today I will add a  play/pause buttom tothe Clarion tour as you advise. Thank you all  (  rfh12002  and  vince ) for your great help  and comments.

-------------
No se cual es la clave del exito, pero la clave del fracaso es intentar agradar a todo el mundo.

Bill Cosby

Message posted by mskp on August-24-2008 at 10:39am
View mskp's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mskp Search   Quote mskp Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mskp
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

September-14-2006
329 Posts

Hi!! You are welcome. Glad that we could help. The Movie Controller is at the "Toolbox" at the left side of your screen, under "Control". Click on it, grab it and position it where you want it to be on the "skin". It represents the movie you have choosen as default. If you did not edited a new one the "slideshow" will be played as movie and that is the one represented on the movie controller. You can edit the movie controller once placed on the skin under "Properties & Actions". There you can change the color and lenght and style of it. When the movie plays the slider of the movie controller moves. You can grab it also and slide backwards and/or forwards, skipping scenes or repeating scenes. It also shows the lenght in minutes/seconds. Any doubt, consult!

Regards, saludos, Martin

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register