Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: New Tour - Done w/Tourweaver 4.0 Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Rob63 on August-28-2008 at 8:35am
View Rob63's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Rob63 Search   Visit Rob63's Homepage www   Quote Rob63 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Rob63
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
January-30-2007
200 Posts

Here's my first try with Tourweaver 4.0

www.360digitalpics.com/idx1619809/360D_idx1619809.html

Does anyone know why the image seems a bit "glittery", for lack of a better term, while the image is rotating?  When you stop the image it appears more normal.  Is this just a limitation of the Flash Viewer, or should I be sizing my images differently?

Any other thoughts or opinions are welcome.

Thanks for looking.

Robert

Message posted by ddietrich on August-28-2008 at 9:30am
View ddietrich's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by ddietrich Search   Quote ddietrich Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
ddietrich
Standard Member
Standard Member
Brazil
July-28-2008
66 Posts

Just another question....

The TW4 tours created doesnt show the trial version pop-up? :)

Message posted by Rob63 on August-28-2008 at 9:41am
View Rob63's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Rob63 Search   Visit Rob63's Homepage www   Quote Rob63 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Rob63
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
January-30-2007
200 Posts

I purchased the upgrade from TW 3 to TW 4, yesterday, so you're right, the trial version pop-up is gone.  :-)

Message posted by 360texas on August-28-2008 at 9:52am
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

For Rob and others

Most folks probably do not know how the player actually works.  So I will briefly explain.

The 'glittery' appearance is probably caused by over sharpening of the panorama and rotation speed is too fast.  Suggest slowing the rotation and try not to sharpen the image too much.

Rotation

Most folks compare image quality of seeing a panorama to seeing a movie taken with a movie camera.  Both are different display techniques.

A panorama viewer is actually displaying 1 still image seen in sucessive screen views from a slightly different angle.  Example.  Initial view is a portion of a  larger image, displayed in a viewer box.  The applet then is told to rotate or move 1 tenth of 1 degree to the right and refresh the screen.  Rotate 1 tenth of 1 degree to the right and again refresh the screen and so on.   Rotation distance of 4ths of 1 degree is a bigger step to the right then refresh the screen.  Bigger steps means faster rotation speed. 

We use 2 tenths of 1 degree for a slow screen crawl rotation.  Screen refreshes come from your video card. Most applets display at 30 frame refresh rate per second to avoid 'flicker'  The human eye can see flicker with frame refreshes less than 30fps.

Hope that helps

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by realtor jerry on August-28-2008 at 5:29pm
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts
Rob & Dave, I have been converting one of my tours over to TW4 and noticed a huge difference in the "glittery" effect in TW4 verses TW3. I know this is a sharping issue and was very careful not to over sharpen. I slowed the speed down and that didn't seem to help.
Any ideas?

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!

Message posted by 360texas on August-28-2008 at 6:01pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Understand you did not sharpen too much.  That is a good thing

You said you slowed the speed down.  What value?

You said that didn't seem to help... which means in semi technical terms.... the vertical banding (glittering was reduced some,  all ,  none?

Please remember that these issues are very subjective and conditioned by the hardware they are being displayed on.  Many mix and match monitors, video cards, computers... so our milage might vary from machine to machine.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by realtor jerry on August-28-2008 at 6:14pm
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts
Dave, I slowed it from the setting of 20 to 10, didn't seem to help any. I didn't have the problem in TW3, think it could be a bug?

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!

Message posted by Rob63 on August-28-2008 at 8:00pm
Rob63
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
January-30-2007
200 Posts

My opinion, it's the Flash viewer that is being used in TW4.  I used the same images in TW 3 Java, and the images are much clearer as the image is rotating.  If I use the same images with a Quicktime viewer they are quite sharp and clear.  I think there are differences in the various viewers being used in the software.

Maybe there are others that can shed some light on this.  I've tried changing the size of the image relative to the viewer size, as well, but still not getting good results.  I wish I could publish in Java with TW 4.  I know everyone likes Flash, but I would rather have clear images.

Message posted by tbrusson on August-28-2008 at 8:19pm
View tbrusson's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by tbrusson Search   Quote tbrusson Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
tbrusson
Gold Member
Gold Member
France
October-23-2006
164 Posts
Hi rob63, concerning flash viewer, it's not such much the fact everyone likes flash but it's a question of compatibility.

For sure quality wise, quicktime vr ranks first but in my opinion what matters is that you make sure everyone can see the tour without trouble. Quicktime vr is less implemented than flash. You could have a very nice full screen pano but it's a pity if you are not sure that the enduser can see it.

Java needs to be upgraded to the very latest version in order to work properly (not to mention it can be trouble for the cpu).

The topic has been discussed before : Basically flash is the way to follow because of the market share it represents and it works flawless. The quality of flash player regarding vr has been improved and will get better. But initially flash was not made for that purpose.

I agree it's not the best quality you could get but it can be seen by most people and it usually runs OK.

thierry

Message posted by Rob63 on August-28-2008 at 8:33pm
Rob63
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
January-30-2007
200 Posts

I understand what you're saying, but just like Java, you have to have the latest Flash version installed.  I know Java used to be a problem because Microsoft had a falling out with Sun Microsystems and did not include Java on their machines.  I don't think that isn't the case anymore.  It's just as easy to have the latest Java on your computer as it is to have the latest Flash.

I've run into a problem with Flash - many people look at tours on company computers, some of these computers do not have the latest Flash installed, and the company IT Dept. would not allow the employee to install the latest Flash, so I had to produce the tour in Java anyway.

It must be a programming thing with TW 4 that we can't choose Java or Flash.

Thanks for your input.

robert

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register