Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: Loading time help Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by nerjaace on September-18-2008 at 5:22am
View nerjaace's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by nerjaace Search   Visit nerjaace's Homepage www   Quote nerjaace Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
nerjaace
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-10-2008
585 Posts

Hi, I have just produced a tour in TW3, previously made in TW4 but had to revert back to TW3 because of too many issues.

My concern is that the tour has 18 Panos and packs in excess of some 20mb. I would be interested to see what you experience loading time wise. By the way the panos where taken with a 360 one shot in a very dark property.

http://www.nerjavirtualtours.com/team/ztm3350.html

Many thanks

Message posted by prb16 on September-18-2008 at 6:52am
View prb16's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by prb16 Search   Visit prb16's Homepage www   Quote prb16 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
prb16
Standard Member
Standard Member
Spain
May-29-2006
138 Posts
Hi nerjaace,

Nice tour loaded fine and ran smoothly, I have 3mb ADSL and it loaded in about 6 secs. My only criticisms would be that some of the panos rotated a lot slower than the rest and on some of them you can see some sort of a blend line.

The floor plans are very smart, what software did you use?

-------------
Regards,

Paul.

360Turismo

Message posted by DaMan on September-18-2008 at 7:02am
View DaMan's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by DaMan Search   Quote DaMan Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
DaMan
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
October-04-2007
111 Posts

Nice tour, It took about 20 seconds to load which is about average for any tour. I also would like to know the software used to make the floorplan.  It looks great.  I am not a huge fan of the zoomed in floorplan though and like to see the entire floor instead of zoomed in part because it gives a better feel for the layout of the house.  But that is just my opinion.  Again great job.

DaMan

Message posted by nerjaace on September-18-2008 at 11:00am
View nerjaace's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by nerjaace Search   Visit nerjaace's Homepage www   Quote nerjaace Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
nerjaace
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-10-2008
585 Posts

Thanks guys for your input, I have quite a bit of trouble getting the panos to run at the same speed. When I preview them in the movie time line they look ok but when published they look different :( Any thoughts much appreciated on this.

I agree with the map viewer size but the client wanted larger screen viewer so something had to give. If  TW4 was up to scratch them I would bring it in as a pop up.

The blend line is being caused after I have had to touch up the images. I am using a one shot which even in ordinary circumstances gives a graining image but in a dark property the end result is even worse.

The software for the floor plans can be found at www.floorplanner.com

Thanks again.

Message posted by smooth on September-18-2008 at 12:02pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

I could view after 20 seconds on ADSL 1.5MB.

Your radars do not line very well with the actual scenes (at least on the one's I looked at) You also need some loading information between scenes like the loader bar and percentage. I say this because I used your map and clicked a hotspot on a scene that hadn't already downloaded and the tour just sat there and appeared to do nothing. Though I knew is was, - the general viewer will think it broken and move on.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by nerjaace on September-18-2008 at 2:32pm
nerjaace
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-10-2008
585 Posts

Thanks Smooth, I guess everyone has different viewings of the tours which was my fear. I have gone through the radars but them all seem ok to me. Also the hotspot timing for me is fine. How can I show the percentage bar as a failsafe?

It is good to discover these things as obviously for some they work good and for others not, very frustrating. 

This is what I found with TW4, just too many if's and but's and thats no good if you are trying to appeal to a wide audience.

I find sometimes tours in Firefox are all over the place so you have to hope that none of my client have it? Firefox for me is a nightmare as is IE7. I'm not doing anything different, only creating a tour in TW3.

Still, I fight on :)

Message posted by unouno on September-18-2008 at 5:04pm
View unouno's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by unouno Search   Quote unouno Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
unouno
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-30-2007
28 Posts
Loads ok in less than 10 seconds using firefox 2.0.

Great job.

Regards

Message posted by smooth on September-20-2008 at 3:08am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by nerjaace on September-18-2008

Thanks Smooth, I guess everyone has different viewings of the tours which was my fear. I have gone through the radars but them all seem ok to me.

If you look at a lot of your rooms and the position of the radar/compass in relation to features you will see what I mean.

In this case in the bathroom you can see my arrow is pointing to the left edge of the door frame and the fact is not even the right edge is showing in the panorama scene.

This to some is off putting to others not so much. But if you are offering a professional service I would expect as the customers for these to be a little more correct. It could be a case of your floor plan drawing not being a 100% accurate rendition of the actual building.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by nerjaace on September-20-2008 at 3:56am
nerjaace
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-10-2008
585 Posts

Good point Smooth, I will re-check and see if I can align it. As you say the floor plans may not 100% accurate but reasonably close so I should be able to make a slight adjustment.

Thanks again.

Message posted by smooth on September-20-2008 at 11:50am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by nerjaace on September-18-2008

How can I show the percentage bar as a failsafe?

Hmm, I get confused between Tourweaver version.

In Tourweaver 3 you can add a "Scene" pre-loader image. I suggest you make a transparent .png file with the word Loading... on it and assign it as the default scene preload image.

Click on the Scene Viewer on your skin then in "Properties & Actions" you can assign the preloader image via the "browse" option. If you can't see the "Preloader" option you need to expand the option with the tiny little arrow at the very right bottom of the "Properties & Actions" area.

Regards, Smooth

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register