Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Still confused with resizing! Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by realtor jerry on September-27-2008 at 5:53pm
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts
Thanks for all the help and advice in my previous post on this subject.
However as usual I am still confused. I have been having trouble (time wise) uploading my tours recently. I just noticed that after processing, Panoweaver5, Photomatix, Photoshop Elements5 and then to Tourweaver 3 or 4 that the pano's are 5 & 6+ MB each. But I noticed that if before TW I put them back into PW5 to add a tripod cap and then save, the image will remain 4K X 2K but the file size has been reduced to between 1 & 2 MB. The quality seems to be OK.
Is this normal?
Why is the file size being reduced on the second pass through PW5?
Should I be reducing the size even more.

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!

Message posted by smooth on September-28-2008 at 3:02pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

You need to give us a full run down on your workflow.

Doing what your doing so far doesn't sound optimal at all.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by realtor jerry on September-28-2008 at 3:53pm
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts

I have been shooting in JPG fine with the Nikon D300 & 10.5 lens to reduce processing time. I shoot in brackets of 5, 6 around +T. So this gives me 35 images per scene.
I stitch with PW5 in the "bracket exposure" mode in order to stitch all 5 brackets at the same time. Stitch all scenes in tour.
Take each scene into Photomatix Pro to merge. Save image.
Import all stitched/merged scenes into Photoshop Elements5. Work my magic, remove tripod on some but not all images. Save all images back to my folder.
Take the images that I did not remove the tripod back into PW5 to add cap. Save back to folder.
The issue is that the images I did not take back into PW5 remain at 4Kx2K at 5 to 6+MB. The images I did take back into PW5 (for the cap) remain at 4Kx2K but have been reduced to 1 to 2 MB each.
As you can imagine at 5 to 6+ MB each this makes my tour huge.
I guess the question is, how to keep my images at 4Kx2K with a manageable file size but retain as much quality as possible?
I have viewed a lot of tours that look great and load fast, how so?
I know a lot of you shoot in RAW (and I do sometimes) but time wise that just is not feasible at the rates I get around here.

Any and all help is appreciated........

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

Message posted by Vince on September-28-2008 at 6:17pm
View Vince's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Vince Search   Quote Vince Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Vince
Gold Member
Gold Member

August-13-2007
194 Posts
Any chance that you are adding a layer in PE5? I don't have Elements to see how you would check.
Vince

Message posted by realtor jerry on September-28-2008 at 7:24pm
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts
You may be correct. When I cube in PS E5 with the plug-in to fix the ceiling and floor I have to have a layer and then merge visible when finished. Could that be the reason my image is 5 to 6+ MB?

-------------

Message posted by realtor jerry on September-28-2008 at 9:16pm
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts

I just did a quick test. I merged 5 pano's averaging 2MB each and the finished pano was 5.72 MB. I took this into PS E5 and did 3 save as.
1. quality 3 was 664 KB.
2. quality 6 was 1.24 MB
3. quality 12 (highest) was 5.73 MB the same as the finished pano out of Photomatix. All images remained 4Kx2K.
I understand that PS is not the best way to reduce file size, so where do I go from here.
I looked at the 2 suggestions from Smooth in my other post on this subject but from what I could gather reducing the images would actually reduce the size of the image. I could be wrong but I don't think this is what I need to do....

-------------

Message posted by bruxist on September-29-2008 at 12:42am
View bruxist's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by bruxist Search   Quote bruxist Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
bruxist
Standard Member
Standard Member
New Zealand
February-12-2008
88 Posts

Did you try comparing the same image sizes once you have passed them through File > "Save for Web" rather than using "Save As"? This strips away some of the metadata and reduces overall file size (maybe this was mentioned earlier..).

Message posted by realtor jerry on September-29-2008 at 12:29pm
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts
Thanks Bruxist, I have tried "save for web" before but I get a pop-up that says save for web was not designed for large images. So it will not let me save that way.

-------------

Message posted by realtor jerry on October-01-2008 at 11:49am
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts

Any more suggestions on this subject??

-------------

Message posted by tturner on October-01-2008 at 4:40pm
View tturner's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by tturner Search   Quote tturner Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
tturner
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-09-2005
67 Posts

Jerry,

Do you need a final pano that is 4000 x 2000?  This seems large to me for  real estate work.  Also, in PS CS2 I get the same warning when using the save for web feature if the file is large.  You can hit save anyway and it saves the file.  Do not have Elements so not sure if you can override but worth a go.

Good Luck,
TTurner

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register