Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: Publish quality and other questions Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by builderguy on October-28-2008 at 9:01pm
View builderguy's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by builderguy Search   Quote builderguy Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
builderguy
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
October-16-2008
17 Posts

I have some more beginner questions for all you aces out there. 

-What is the story with the quality settings.  I published a tour at all three settings and can't see any difference.  And what's the story with a "random" setting?

-My first go at this tour has the progress bar hidden by the map (when it is open) and it is too small in full screen.  I found out how to change the size and color, is there a way to change its location?  In preview mode the loading progress bar doesn't appear, is there a way to preview it before I post it to my website?

These images were lightened with Kiss my immage down to 900K and I hit the "optimize" option before publishing.  Are there any other tricks of the trade to make the tour load faster?

Here is my beta version (it's just a rough draft to see how it performs but comments and crit. welcome):

http://www.naturalbuildersllc.com/tour/brinker/Brinker%20Tour%20high/_flashvr/TourWeaver_Brinker%20Tour3.html

Message posted by builderguy on October-30-2008 at 2:32pm
View builderguy's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by builderguy Search   Quote builderguy Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
builderguy
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
October-16-2008
17 Posts

Really?  Someone must know some of these answers, any info would be greatly appreciated.

Message posted by 360texas on October-30-2008 at 4:58pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Well, first off...  I thought your tour was very well presented.  I am viewing your arrangement on a 24" monitor.. so the map stays far away from the loading bar.  

Map is very useful. 

I clicked on all the location dots... and was suprised that quite a few were single images but yet while mousing over the cursor was a directional arrow, but the single image was not really functional.

The entire tour loaded quickly (I have aDSL 6 mbps connection). Certainly less than the standard 18 seconds before a visitor clicks away to find a different page.

I found the floor plan drawings not practical as I could not read them anyway.

I like the architectural text... looks and feels like a real older days engineer-architect drawings.  I have an architect font on my system but rarely use it because it somewhat hard to read compared to Arial fontstyle.  Yes, I retired after 37 years in the construction contract administration/ engineering business (USACE Government stuff).

I think the purpose of Tourweaver and Panoweaver is to allow a person the creative ability to "show the clients product".  Panoramas are only a means by which to best show the clients product.  And I think you have done exactly that. 

A person could visit your site... and next day sign the property sale papers knowing full well they had already walked through the home and were satisfied with the property.

Yes, I have personal knowledge at least 2 sites where a person in a foreign country purchased a residence sight unVisited  base on seeing panorama imaging of the property.

Only issue I have is... your site gives me no clue as to its geographic location.  It could very well be in New Zealand.   And there were some misalignments in a few of your panoramas.  Easily correctable given a suitable camera/lens no parallax calibration.

I apolgize .. for the late reply... been off coaching other photographers the art of panorama imaging.  Did I forget to say,  I could almost smell the hand crafted cabinet wood... while walking through the home.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by 360texas on October-30-2008 at 5:29pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

You left your server back door open.  New Mexico I suspect.

http://www.naturalbuildersllc.com/ 

Ok so now I know where in the world you are located.

Way to fix that is   name your home page something like index.htm as well as your /new folder/index.htm subordinate panorama pages

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by builderguy on October-30-2008 at 7:38pm
builderguy
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
October-16-2008
17 Posts

Thanks so much for the feedback 360, it's really encouraging to hear such a positive review of my first tour.

I am new to the world of panoramas and tours and am learning quite a lot from everything I do.  I know I have to go back and realign at least one of the panoramas, I am using PTGui and hope I can figure it out since it makes the house look all wonky. 

We are just getting our website together now.  I am working on the tours and my business partner is working on other content which is why its essentially empty at this point.  I will alert my web guy about the back door, I don't think he knew I was going to post that link on a forum.

Any ideas about the quality settings? Or how to preview size/color of loading bar before publishing?

I also can't figure out why the stills take so much longer to load than the panoramas (at my connection speed anyway) even though they are much smaller files.  This one is really bugging me.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register