Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: TW4project crashes Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by areimer on November-03-2008 at 7:40pm
View areimer's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by areimer Search   Visit areimer's Homepage www   Quote areimer Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
areimer
Standard Member
Standard Member
Canada
January-11-2007
54 Posts

I am working on a large TW 4 project.  When I publish, all the wonderful features work but only for a few scene changes.  The floorplan freezes and the hotspots disappear.  Surprisingly, the features seem to continue to work in full screen mode for a while longer.  The image viewer seems fairly stable even when the map feature has completely frozen up.

See link below.

http://72.249.12.87/vt/misc_vt/OliverWoods_2008/Oliverwoods_2008tw4.html#

Hopefully this problem will be resolved so that I don't have to rebuild this project in TW 3.

Keep up the good work Easypano. 

Alan

-------------
Alan R
www.enviroscopics.com

Message posted by realtor jerry on November-03-2008 at 8:04pm
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts

Very nice tour Alan. The map froze up on me as well. I am using XP IE6 with flash 10. Everything else seemed to work fine even while the map was frozen. I did notice (or could not find) that you don't have a button to return to auto play after you have interpreted the tour.
Very nice clean and sharp images, may I ask what equipment you are using?

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!

Message posted by areimer on November-03-2008 at 8:10pm
View areimer's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by areimer Search   Visit areimer's Homepage www   Quote areimer Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
areimer
Standard Member
Standard Member
Canada
January-11-2007
54 Posts

Thanks Jerry

I still have quite a bit of work to do on this so the missing buttons will be incorporated.

I am using a D80 with a 10.5 mm Nikkor

-------------
Alan R
www.enviroscopics.com

Message posted by realtor jerry on November-03-2008 at 8:53pm
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts

Maybe you should have Easypano support look at the link.

PS: Do you bracket your shots?

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!

Message posted by donquicovelez on November-03-2008 at 9:48pm
View donquicovelez's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by donquicovelez Search   Visit donquicovelez's Homepage www   Quote donquicovelez Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
donquicovelez
Standard Member
Standard Member
Dominican Republic
August-23-2008
7 Posts

The map also froze up on me but the rest worked out perfectly. I guess there is so much information in there that TW4 can't handle it.

Just an amateur guess.  Nice tour and shots.  

-------------
No se cual es la clave del exito, pero la clave del fracaso es intentar agradar a todo el mundo.

Bill Cosby

Message posted by Thatone1785 on November-03-2008 at 11:10pm
View Thatone1785's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Thatone1785 Search   Visit Thatone1785's Homepage www   Quote Thatone1785 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Thatone1785
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
June-10-2006
154 Posts
Nice tour - I was able to view all 3 maps in your tour, but I found that after viewing the last map, i could go back to the others and when I tried the map hot spots disappeared. I could change the scene in the scene list and that was it. Looks like a bug in TW4.

-------------
Will Best
Virtual Impressions Inc.
Real Estate Virtual Tours and Floor Plans

Message posted by areimer on November-03-2008 at 11:36pm
areimer
Standard Member
Standard Member
Canada
January-11-2007
54 Posts

I have published other similar projects in TW4 and they seem to be quite stable.  The included features are the same but the panoramas total about 12 rather than the 20 in this project.  Has anyone noticed that stability is reduced with increased number of panos? 

If this is the case, there should be a solution in the programming.  I recently published a tour in TW3 with about 40 panos and 5 maps and it is as solid as a rock.

-------------
Alan R
www.enviroscopics.com

Message posted by areimer on November-04-2008 at 12:57am
areimer
Standard Member
Standard Member
Canada
January-11-2007
54 Posts

Following on my last thought, I began removing images to see if I could get down to a stable content level.  After removing one panorama from the project, I seem to have achieved this goal. Just for fun, I then put this image back into the project so content wise it was back to where I started.  Surprisingly, the problem did not return.

It seems that the program wrote some faulty script which it was forced to rewrite when I eliminated an image. 

Anyway, if others run into this problem, there is a strategy to try.

-------------
Alan R
www.enviroscopics.com

Message posted by Thatone1785 on November-04-2008 at 1:33am
View Thatone1785's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Thatone1785 Search   Visit Thatone1785's Homepage www   Quote Thatone1785 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Thatone1785
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
June-10-2006
154 Posts
I have had many tours in the 40-60 scene range with 3 or 4 maps and I very rarely encounter any issues... One thing that I do occasionally notice that will cause a tour to not load properly is this - In either the upload or the the publish process, an image corrupts - I've seen this happen when publishing and I have seen this happen when uploading. Just one bad image in your output can cause some issues. This is rare for me, but I have seen it. But to answer you question about number of scenes, I have yet to notice any issues with TW for having a large number of scenes, but I do notice that when working with a large number of scenes I am more likely to mess something up due to my own error...

-------------
Will Best
Virtual Impressions Inc.
Real Estate Virtual Tours and Floor Plans

Message posted by Rob63 on November-04-2008 at 8:13am
View Rob63's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Rob63 Search   Visit Rob63's Homepage www   Quote Rob63 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Rob63
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
January-30-2007
200 Posts

Great tour.  It works just fine on my computer.  IE 7.0.6  Windows Vista Home Premium.

I let it play through all of the scenes then chose different scenes and it never locked up.

What size images did you end up with?  The full screen looks good.  I usually use a 3000x1500 sized image around 800kb to 1.4MB in size.

Thanks,

Rob

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register