Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Tour loading comparison TW3 v TW4 Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by prb16 on November-08-2008 at 6:03am
View prb16's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by prb16 Search   Visit prb16's Homepage www   Quote prb16 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
prb16
Standard Member
Standard Member
Spain
May-29-2006
138 Posts
Hi all,

I have put together two identical tours to test the loading speed between TW3 and TW4. The average pano size is 230kb and the whole tour is 3.1mb, so no large files to load on a decent connection speed. Granted I have used some of the new functionality of TW4 with the odd popup but nothing to affect download speed.

TW3

TW4

In my opinion the TW3 example loads like it always has with a slight delay until the first pano is loaded then the rest of the images load in the background so aiding a smooth transition from scene to scene.

In TW4's case, it seems to take longer to load the tour from the start and then each scene is loaded at the end of the last thus stuttering through the tour. Of course both run smoothly when loaded in to the browsers caches but it does not look good at the start and may put people off viewing the whole tour.

I would appreciate in any views and feedback regarding this.

-------------
Regards,

Paul.

360Turismo

Message posted by Rob63 on November-08-2008 at 7:41am
View Rob63's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Rob63 Search   Visit Rob63's Homepage www   Quote Rob63 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Rob63
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
January-30-2007
200 Posts

Nice tour Paul.

Have you figured out on the TW 4 tour, when in full screen mode, how to switch to the other floor plan without having to wait for the tour to run all the way through until it gets to the 2nd floor?  I can't figure out how to add a button for 1st and 2nd floors.

Is it hard to add the hit counter to the tour?

Thanks,

Rob

Message posted by realtor jerry on November-08-2008 at 7:42am
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts
I agree with your observations. I have XP, IE6 and 10mbps download. I wish EP would work on fixing the problems as I love the TW4 version. Viewer quality has been addressed several times but not fixed.
PS: like the temps and hit counter. How did you add it?

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!

Message posted by prb16 on November-08-2008 at 7:55am
View prb16's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by prb16 Search   Visit prb16's Homepage www   Quote prb16 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
prb16
Standard Member
Standard Member
Spain
May-29-2006
138 Posts
Thanks Rob,

No I have not looked at the map option in full sreen mode, perhaps someone else might have the answer.

The hit counter is simple html added in to the web page, you can get them free from here> hit-counter.com

The tour its self is contained in an Iframe.

I would be interested in knowing how both tours loaded for you!

-------------
Regards,

Paul.

360Turismo

Message posted by prb16 on November-08-2008 at 8:13am
prb16
Standard Member
Standard Member
Spain
May-29-2006
138 Posts
Hi Jerry,

Thanks for the feed back. I have tested the tours myself on 6mb broadband, IE6, IE7, FF3, Win XP sp3 & Crappy Windows Vista, all the same result.

I too wish EP would get thier act together on these problems because I really want to use TW4 with all its new functionality.

If you click on the clock/thermometer you will be taken to the site where you can create one for your own location. It's free registration just like the hit counter.

-------------
Regards,

Paul.

360Turismo

Message posted by Rob63 on November-08-2008 at 8:18am
View Rob63's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Rob63 Search   Visit Rob63's Homepage www   Quote Rob63 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Rob63
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
January-30-2007
200 Posts

TW 3 Tour - about 7 seconds to load the tour page, and then about 3 seconds for the 1st scene to start.

TW 4 Tour - about 17 seconds to load the tour page, and then about 6 seconds to load the 1st scene.

TW 3 - seamless between scenes.

TW 4 - about 3 second load time for each scene.

Rob

Message posted by Rob63 on November-08-2008 at 8:19am
Rob63
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
January-30-2007
200 Posts
Oh, I'm using IE 7 and have cable high speed internet, not sure the exact download speed, but it's pretty fast.

Message posted by mskp on November-08-2008 at 9:26am
View mskp's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mskp Search   Quote mskp Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mskp
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

September-14-2006
329 Posts

Hi, Paul!

TW3.0 loads faster. While in TW3 you can already see the skin in TW4 the loading bar is at 22%. When the first scene starts in TW3 the loading bar in TW4 is at 41% and the first scene opens whilst in TW3 has showed almost 50% of it. Even when opening both tours again, once closed, TW3 loads faster, almost inmediately.
You linked the instructions and info buttons also to play and  pause the movie. In some case this is ok, because while reading the instructions or the info about the location, the tour stops. The inconvenience is when both pop-up windows are opened at the same time. The first one pauses the movie and the second one starts it again. I know doing so is not the normal process, but it is something to consider. Maybe it is to detailed. In spanish you say: "buscarle el pelo al huevo".

Nice and sharp imagens for only 230kb. Congratulations.

Thanks for the info about the forecast and counter. Nice!

Regards, Martin

Message posted by realtor jerry on November-08-2008 at 12:56pm
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts
Rob, you can test your download and upload speed free here:  http://speedtest.net/ 

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!

Message posted by smooth on November-08-2008 at 12:58pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Paul,

What option settings did you choose when publishing with TW4?

Because this will effect download and display times.

Regards, Smooth

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register