Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Embedding a video in SWF Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Brittan on November-08-2008 at 8:30am
View Brittan's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Brittan Search   Quote Brittan Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Brittan
Standard Member
Standard Member
France
November-08-2008
45 Posts
Hello,
I'm new to Tourweaver and still on the evaluation version.

When i use the hotspot option to include a video or a QTVR object, i encounter 2 problem...
The sound of the vido is still running untill the scene changes.
Fot the QTVR object it works once, if i close it's window and reopen it the picture doesn't show, but a white image.

I know that there is a script that can embed a .flv movie into a SWF, to get the movie controller visible.
BTW, is any other video format can be embedded?

Is anyone can help me please... Thanks

Message posted by bruxist on November-16-2008 at 8:45pm
View bruxist's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by bruxist Search   Quote bruxist Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
bruxist
Standard Member
Standard Member
New Zealand
February-12-2008
88 Posts

Hi Brittan,
I agree with you that there are some problems with the "Pop up image" feature when using SWF to play videos.

I made a test: Using Flash CS3 I used the simple FLVplayback component to produce a SWF file that will play a short FLV (flash video) file.
I saved this in two different versions: AS2 and AS3 (Flash ActionScript).
I placed two buttons in a simple TW tour and published it.
Lastly I copied the playing controls and FLV files and placed them in the same folder as the TW HTML files.

When I test it the AS2 version it plays ok but once I close the pop-up window, the next time I launch the same pop-up window it shows only a white box with no video.
If I reload the browser window I can play it again until I close the pop up window.

When I test the AS3 version it plays ok. I can stop and restart the video ok - good. But once I close the pop-up window the sound keeps playing (even though the parent container window has been closed the child SWF has not been closed correctly and is still playing the video stream). I can launch a second pop-up window and it again plays ok but you get two audio streams playing because the first video did not finish yet. If I let the video finish and I close the window, I can then open the same window and it will play ok (no white box this time).

As geraldo was pointing to in his post: AS command for closing "pop up image"  there appears to be a problem with the pop-up window close button (AS3) not successfully closing the FLV video stream. Or (with AS2) unloading it for ever!

I am not sure if there is any common code between the way Tourweaver implements the different versions of pop-up SWF files (AS2/AS3) but it would be good if they could look into it for us. There have been a few posts asking for this to be fixed.

By-the-way Brittan, with Flash AS3 you can force the basic FLVplayback component to play (embed) H.264 MP4 and MOV video via the SWF container file (instead of FLV video). This came in with Flash Player 9 Update 3. This works in TW the same as the AS3 FLV video.

I am not sure if any EP staff are reading this post? If not I will report it as a bug.

Message posted by Brittan on November-17-2008 at 9:42am
View Brittan's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Brittan Search   Quote Brittan Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Brittan
Standard Member
Standard Member
France
November-08-2008
45 Posts
Hello Bruxist
Thanks a lot for your answer!
I have read and tried everything you mentioned, same symptoms same results...
BTW, I have tried to force importation of H264, results => no controller and no sound...

I think your are true for this bug, it needs to be reported :(

Message posted by bruxist on November-17-2008 at 3:32pm
View bruxist's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by bruxist Search   Quote bruxist Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
bruxist
Standard Member
Standard Member
New Zealand
February-12-2008
88 Posts

I have reported this bug in ticket 7588 "Embedding a video in SWF".

Brittan - If you are using the AS3 flvplayback component - did you remember to copy the swf video controller (e.g. SkinUnderPlayStopSeekMuteVol.swf) and video.mp4 into the main TW tour folder?
Tourweaver bundles the container swf into the resources folder but both the controller and video have to be copied into the final tour folder.

Message posted by Brittan on November-18-2008 at 12:52pm
Brittan
Standard Member
Standard Member
France
November-08-2008
45 Posts
Quote: Brittan - If you are using the AS3 flvplayback component - did you remember to copy the swf controller (e.g. SkinUnderPlayStopSeekMuteVol.swf) and video.mp4 into the main TW tour folder?
Tourweaver bundles the container swf into the resources folder but both the controller and video have to becopied into the final tour folder.
I'm not sure to follow all, I'm using Tourweaver in trial mode, since I had this video problem, I did not publish my virtual tour, because it didn't work properly in 'Preview' mode! Should I try publishing it first?

In my case what is not easy is to place everything in my tourweaver folder, I work on an intel base Mac and I use a shared folder to place all my items... Even projects or results. My space allowed to Win under VMware fusion, the win emulator is not that large.
Do you have an advise for placing the (e.g. SkinUnderPlayStopSeekMuteVol.swf) and video.mp4 into the main TW tour folder?
What is the "the main TW tour folder" ? The project folder or the resulting one ?
Thanks for having reported this embedding problem to EP

Message posted by bruxist on November-18-2008 at 4:42pm
bruxist
Standard Member
Standard Member
New Zealand
February-12-2008
88 Posts

Yes you will need to publish your tour Brittan. The main tour folder that I am referring to is for a published tour (the result).
The TW Preview function will run from your main program drive (C:\...etc) and would not have access to (path) the controller.swf and video.mp4 files which you need to view your video. You will need to copy these 2 files and paste them into the published folder next to the tour html files.
I am not sure about file locations on your Mac. But so long as all the published files are together then it should not be a problem.

Example published tour folder content:
map (folder)
resources (folder) .... contains linked container swf
scene (folder)
sounds (folder)
autorun.inf
config_Tour.bin
images_Tour.zip
swfobjects.js
Tour.html
Tourweaver_Tour.html
twviewer.swf
*video.mp4
*SkinUnderPlayStopSeekMuteVol.swf

*=swf video files

I hope this helps you?

Message posted by Brittan on November-19-2008 at 6:34am
Brittan
Standard Member
Standard Member
France
November-08-2008
45 Posts
Oh Yes it does help me, I'm going to try it right away.
Thanks for Helping me bruxist!

Message posted by Brittan on February-10-2009 at 6:05pm
Brittan
Standard Member
Standard Member
France
November-08-2008
45 Posts
Quote: from bruxist message
I have tried what you advised me...
*video.mp4
*SkinUnderPlayStopSeekMuteVol.swf
*=swf video files[/QUOTE]Am I doing anything wrong

I have tried to place the preceding files in the root of the results folder with no success. I mean appearance of the .swf, but with no controller interface The close button is still running the sound.

Do anyone has got a solution for workaround this soft bug until fixed Using the last update

Many thanks !!

-------------
Mac OS X Tiger Or Leopard - VMWare fusion 2.05

Message posted by bruxist on March-06-2009 at 6:10pm
bruxist
Standard Member
Standard Member
New Zealand
February-12-2008
88 Posts

Sorry for my late reply Brittan.

You say "I have tried to place the preceding files in the root of the results folder with no success. I mean appearance of the .swf, but with no controller interface The close button is still running the sound."

If you use the "SkinUnder" controls in Flash, then remember that your document (canvas) size must be larger in height than the movie clip. If not then your controls are lost below the movie. Example: 640x480 movie clip requires a 640x520 document size (increased height of 40 pixels). And of course the swf popup window in TW must match this size as well.

As for the sound continuing to play after the window is closed - I have had no answer back from EP Support. I have thought about it many times and I can only think there is a problem between the swfobject/java code of TW and the swf container.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register