Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: cubic pano question Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by builderguy on November-09-2008 at 2:08pm
View builderguy's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by builderguy Search   Quote builderguy Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
builderguy
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
October-16-2008
17 Posts

I am using tourweaver 3 standard.  I would like to add a cubic panorama but my stitcher puts out a .mov and TW3 is asking for .jpg, .bmp or .gif. when I select "add cubic". 

Anyone work with cubic panos and TW3?

Message posted by Rob63 on November-09-2008 at 4:12pm
View Rob63's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Rob63 Search   Visit Rob63's Homepage www   Quote Rob63 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Rob63
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
January-30-2007
200 Posts

If I'm not mistaken, all you need to do is stitch the image normally, once created you just click on the convert to cubic icon and then save the image - it will be cubic, but still a .jpg

Rob

Message posted by DaMan on November-10-2008 at 3:05am
View DaMan's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by DaMan Search   Quote DaMan Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
DaMan
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
October-04-2007
111 Posts

Hi,

To better answer your question please tell us what stitcher program you use? 

DaMan

Message posted by builderguy on November-11-2008 at 11:33pm
View builderguy's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by builderguy Search   Quote builderguy Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
builderguy
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
October-16-2008
17 Posts

For my spherical panos I am using PTGui. 

But what I am trying to figure out is how to use an output from my 3D modeling program (sketchup6 pro).  From sketchup I can get out 6 images: 4 sides a top and bottom all in .jpg with no overlap.  From there I have a program called gocubic which will create a .mov from these images which looks great as a spherical panorama in quicktime but I can't see a way to put the .mov into my tour.  Is there another workflow that someone could suggest?

It would be nice to see a virtual tour of the model compared to the tour of the finished home as a way to promote the usefullness of a 3D modeling design service.

thanks for the responses so far

Message posted by DaMan on November-12-2008 at 1:54am
View DaMan's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by DaMan Search   Quote DaMan Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
DaMan
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
October-04-2007
111 Posts

Ok, for PTgui try this

1. Add your 8 images to PTGui.
2. Select Advanced mode.
3. On the Lens Parameters tab, enter lens type as rectilinear, fov 97.486.
4 On the Image Parameters tab, click/drag down the boxes in the yaw column to highlight them all. Click on the Fill Yaw button and click ok. This sets the incrementing yaw values just as you need them.
5. In the Panorama Editor window, select Projection-> Spherical: 360x180 Equirectangular.
6. On the Create Panorama tab, click on Set Optimum Size->Maximum
7. Select other stitching options as required and generate the output.

If you have 3d max it has a rendering/panorama exporter that will do it also.

Hope this helps.

DaMan

Message posted by smooth on November-12-2008 at 1:54am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

You need to stitch/compile the 6 cube faces so that you have a compliant cubic row or convert this row into a equirectangular spherical image that can be imported into Tourweaver.

Panoweaver can deal with cube faces I believe.

Pano2VR or Pano2QTVR are also capable of assembling these 6 cube faces and outputting in a multitude of image projection styles.

Pano2VR will replace your GoCubic workflow.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by builderguy on November-14-2008 at 5:25pm
builderguy
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
October-16-2008
17 Posts
thanks guys, I will try these approaches.  I do already have pano2vr but I thought that only put out .mov.  I will explore more.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register