Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: transfer licence to update TW4? Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by mstoss on December-12-2008 at 2:55am
View mstoss's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mstoss Search   Visit mstoss's Homepage www   Quote mstoss Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mstoss
Gold Member
Gold Member
Germany
December-26-2006
141 Posts
I've got an email from EP telling me, that my help ticket should be resolved with the latest version. In this email there is stated, that

"Before installing the updated version, please deon't forget to transfer the license key in your old version. "

I don't understand that. As far as I know, I only have to do this when I upgrade my hardware or switch to a new computer (according to HELP-tab in the menu)

Yours,
Michael

-------------
http://www.premiumpano.de

Message posted by smooth on December-12-2008 at 3:11am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

It's pretty simple Michael, go to Help>Transfer License and then click the "transfer license" button. Uninstall Tourweaver (after backing up any projects or skins from the install directory) and then download and install the latest version. It will most likely install the registration key for you when you register the latest version but if not simply type it in. It is the same key as the previous activation (so long as it is the same version release I.E Version 4)

Obviously you can't use version 3 activation key with version 4 etc.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by mstoss on December-12-2008 at 3:06pm
View mstoss's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mstoss Search   Visit mstoss's Homepage www   Quote mstoss Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mstoss
Gold Member
Gold Member
Germany
December-26-2006
141 Posts
... ? Forgive me Smooth, but I run TW4 already. I bought it weeks ago. The help tab info states that I have to transfer the licence key IF I should use it on a different computer. What I want to do is, just to download the bug fixed version. I can't remember to have been adviced to transfer the licence before to do this.

All the best
Michael

Quote: Originally posted by smooth on December-12-2008

It's pretty simple Michael, go to Help>Transfer License and then click the "transfer license" button. Uninstall Tourweaver (after backing up any projects or skins from the install directory) and then download and install the latest version. It will most likely install the registration key for you when you register the latest version but if not simply type it in. It is the same key as the previous activation (so long as it is the same version release I.E Version 4)

Obviously you can't use version 3 activation key with version 4 etc.

Regards, Smooth

-------------
http://www.premiumpano.de

Message posted by 360texas on December-12-2008 at 5:18pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts
If I remember correctly, it just installs over the top of the previous version.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by smooth on December-13-2008 at 3:13am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Believe me, the process I have suggested is correct. Follow it and you will not face any problems.

Regards, Smooth

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register