Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: As Professionals What Would You Want? Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by gtilley on December-13-2008 at 12:58pm
View gtilley's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by gtilley Search   Visit gtilley's Homepage www   Quote gtilley Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
gtilley
Standard Member
Standard Member
Canada
October-17-2008
6 Posts

Hi There,

As professionals in the field of panoramic photography you have a lot of great options in terms of software and hardware to create your pano's and tours (like the Easypano products!). My question is this:

1. If there were services out there to assit you in any of the steps of your business what would they be?

and

2. What would you be willing to pay for them?

I'd appreciate any feedback you all might have.

Thanks.

-------------
Greg Tilley
www.panostitching.com
613-596-9833

Message posted by realtor jerry on December-15-2008 at 2:08pm
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts

The most time consuming thing for me is stitching. I shoot 6 + T in brackets of 5, so that is 35 shots each scene. Not sure if I would ever hire it out. Not that much money in it to begin with. If I ever did I have no idea what I would pay for the service.
I would definitely never hire out the merging of my brackets or photoshop work. I want total control over that.
I know its not much help but just my opinion. And welcome to the forum.

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!

Message posted by gtilley on December-15-2008 at 3:05pm
View gtilley's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by gtilley Search   Visit gtilley's Homepage www   Quote gtilley Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
gtilley
Standard Member
Standard Member
Canada
October-17-2008
6 Posts
Thanks Jerry, I appreciate the response.  I am always looking for different opportunites.  I have a great experience in the real estate photography business and now I am looking to help others, so I want to see what people want/need!

-------------
Greg Tilley
www.panostitching.com
613-596-9833

Message posted by jordi on December-16-2008 at 3:40am
View jordi's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by jordi Search   Visit jordi's Homepage www   Quote jordi Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
jordi
Gold Member
Gold Member
Spain
September-21-2007
110 Posts

I think is quite difficult to get the images from people to get them stiched !!

Once you know how to shoot them stiching is a very easy automated work, and if you don't know how to shoot then this would be your company problem, cause the pictures won't fit anyway....

Anyway there's many software around there, that can make very good autostich, where you only have to tell the soft where the images are located...and then the soft make autostich and autohdr, taking care of gost effects and many other points...

I don't like automated process where you cannot control nothing, but....

You was thinking about stiching manually all the pictures from others ?? Also hand making HDR in photoshop??

How would you charge for this ??

Actually what I think this comunity needs is a nice simple and full stable GUI to make easier Virtual Tours, which from my point of view there's no one over there in the big and growing market....

-------------
visita3d.com

Message posted by gtilley on December-16-2008 at 1:49pm
gtilley
Standard Member
Standard Member
Canada
October-17-2008
6 Posts

Hi Jordi,

Thanks for your comments, much appreciated. 

We are currently working on a new GUI project to display tours.  Something really simple but look really good!  As soon as we have a demo i'll let you know.

As far as stitching goes, I agree, lots of software out there.  The type of clients we currently service are like I was...out shooting all day, and the last thing they want to do is sit at the computer and wait for stitching to be completed...even if it is automated...we also build tours for clients that want that done.  The process is done using FTP uploads...each client uploads their images, we handle the rest and place them back on the FTP for later download.

Thanks again for your feedback., much appreciated!

-------------
Greg Tilley
www.panostitching.com
613-596-9833

Message posted by rs360vt on December-17-2008 at 11:59am
View rs360vt's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rs360vt Search   Quote rs360vt Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rs360vt
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
December-13-2006
37 Posts

Hi Greg,

Interesting idea, but not so sure how it would work in practice.

We often are out on locations, photographing properties for virtual tours. Perhaps 3,4 or even 5 properties in one day.

Say each property had 10 scenes, each scene has 12 images (in our case), each image is 3-5MB in size.thats around 300 - 600 MB per property. I would hate o have to email thats kind of file size to an outside contractor, it would take forever, and "snail mail" of a CD would be too slow.

We have already received offers of this kind of service from other companies, based in India where the hourly rate would probably be considerably less than Canada.

Currently all processing is done "in-house" and we always aim to have a quick turnaround for the client. As said before by others, we retain control this way. So as said earlier, interesting, but not sure how it would work in practice.

rs360vt

-------------
R Scutt
360virtual-tours.net

Message posted by gtilley on December-17-2008 at 2:53pm
gtilley
Standard Member
Standard Member
Canada
October-17-2008
6 Posts

Hi rs360vt,

Thanks for the reply I appreciate it.  As far as the stitching and post processing, we recieve it all by FTP on our servers, so no email and no snail mail.  It works fastest that way, and it's how our current clients like it (I have a couple of Canadian companies we do this for)!...and i've been burned by outsourcing internationally before myself (not on images but website stuff...what a nasty wake up call that was!)..yes the rate was low...but I prepaid and never got work from them...I know not all companies are like that, I have just had a couple of bad experiences with that!

As for the rest of the post, i'm also looking for other ways to help photographers with work flow etc...no necessarily just stitching.  So if there are any other ideas, let me know, i'm always happy to look into them!

Thanks again for your comments!

Greg

-------------
Greg Tilley
www.panostitching.com
613-596-9833

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register