Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: Multiple 'Walk To' transitions in one..? Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by NoneMoreNegativ on December-13-2008 at 4:53pm
View NoneMoreNegativ's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by NoneMoreNegativ Search   Visit NoneMoreNegativ's Homepage www   Quote NoneMoreNegativ Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
NoneMoreNegativ
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
December-13-2008
2 Posts
Hi, all

Playing with the demo version to test it out for work, I'm highly impressed, makes my job a lot easier :)

One query / possilby a feature request if I've missed it - Is it possible to chain multiple 'Link to Scene' actions from one button on a customised template (or an in-scene hotspot)..? I'm figuring the best way of getting folks from the front of our building to the right offices if they don't have any knowledge of the layout, and being able to click an 'Accounts Dept' button (for example) ad have my tour 'walk through' transition from the Outside scene to the Front desk scene, rotate 90degrees left and 'walk' through the corridor to the lifts, then transition again to the 3rd floor and so forth. Does that make sense? I would have thought such functionality would be of great use...

I haven't looked at the new Panowalker software, is that more suited to this kind of application?

Cheers,

NMN

Message posted by rfh12002 on December-14-2008 at 3:12pm
View rfh12002's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rfh12002 Search   Visit rfh12002's Homepage www   Quote rfh12002 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts

Hey there

Glad to see you like the software so far. Probably I'm of no use to you because I'm still sticking with TW3 but I think the 'movie' feature would let you do something similar to this - you may need to provide a simple, clearly defined, hotspot (for example bang in the centre of the shot) for people to click and follow as I don't know if you could automate the whole process through a number of scenes. This also has the added advantage of letting your user see the 'steps' to get to where they want to go.

HTH

-------------
sales@actualeducation.co.uk
www.actualeducation.co.uk

Message posted by realtor jerry on December-15-2008 at 2:18pm
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts
Welcome to the forum Nonemorenegativ
If I am understanding you, you could do that with "hot spots" to guide someone through a building.
You definitely can do it with Panowalker 1.00. Check the products tab at the top of this page.

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!

Message posted by NoneMoreNegativ on January-21-2009 at 9:10am
View NoneMoreNegativ's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by NoneMoreNegativ Search   Visit NoneMoreNegativ's Homepage www   Quote NoneMoreNegativ Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
NoneMoreNegativ
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
December-13-2008
2 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by realtor jerry on December-15-2008
Welcome to the forum Nonemorenegativ
If I am understanding you, you could do that with "hot spots" to guide someone through a building.
Youdefinitely can do it with Panowalker 1.00. Check the products tab at the top of this page.

Hi, Jerry :)

Thanks for the advice, I'll look at Panowalker.

Just to clarify; at the moment, building a 'tour' allows a visitor to virtually 'wander' around your setting, but they do so without any concrete directions of how to get to a particular place. This is no problem for real estate, or a shop or museum tour, as people prefer to walk wherever in real life.

My idea is to be able to set up transitions between *multiple* hotspots that are triggered by clicking a navigation button - the scripting panel for enabling hotspots at the bottom of the work window would be the perfect place to add the function; Click the nav button for the correct place you need to arrive at, then attach a number of hotspots with transitions between them, perhaps even with a popup to pause the process at each transition leading to the destination. With panos at each main junction, lift/stairwell and destination departments it should be possible to build a pathway to anywhere in the building.

I guess this is a feature request, but from my use of TW, all the bits are there, it just needs some extra wiring in the program :)

Cheers,

NMN.

Message posted by smooth on January-21-2009 at 9:28am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

NMN,

What you are asking for is pretty much already available by building multiple (separate) movie tracks. Where you can have the person touring make a selection to take a certain path and this path can end at the very same location as all the others (or not!). Each movie track has the options available to it as any other with full transitions, slideshows, audio or whatever you choose.

The trick is to assign each hotspot to it's own movie track. This can also be done with thumbnails, dropdown lists etc.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by phillcooper on March-03-2010 at 4:02am
View phillcooper's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by phillcooper Search   Visit phillcooper's Homepage www   Quote phillcooper Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
phillcooper
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
October-07-2009
9 Posts

somithing im looking into which i think is similar to what you want is to click on a hotspot and a video will load up of me walking to the next scene then the movie closes and the next scene loads up.

anyone know if this is possible?

Message posted by nerjaace on March-03-2010 at 4:46am
View nerjaace's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by nerjaace Search   Visit nerjaace's Homepage www   Quote nerjaace Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
nerjaace
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-10-2008
585 Posts
Hi Phil, good idea but the problem you will face is with the closing of the video. There is no auto close feature at the moment so the user would have to close the video pop up. Ideally it would be great if when creating a movie you can include in the timeline the insertion of a pop up or flash movie so that you could time its entry and exit - something for the future maybe?

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register