Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: non-disappearing progress bar Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by franklmendonca on January-06-2009 at 1:03pm
View franklmendonca's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by franklmendonca Search   Visit franklmendonca's Homepage www   Quote franklmendonca Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
franklmendonca
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
October-06-2008
9 Posts

I just finished nearly 30 single-scene virtual tours for a client.  They were all created with TW4, the latest build.  When the client posted the tours to their website, the image-loading progress bar shows progress to 33%, the tour loads and runs perfectly, but the 33% progress bar remains as an overlay on the image during the entire tour.

The bar remains as an overlay on every tour and on every computer on which they have been tried.

Here is the client's website:  http://www.redcliffslodge.com/virtual-tours

Here is my website:  http://www.perpetual-images.com/VirtualTours.htm

I posted the EXACT same tour file (for the restaurant anyway) on my website and do not have the same problem.  The problem did not appear until the client posted the tours.

My feeling is that there is a problem in the way the client has posted the tours, embedded in another page with additional script and code.

Any ideas from anyone out there?  I have agreed to rebuild every tour without the image loading progress bar.

Message posted by realtor jerry on January-06-2009 at 3:35pm
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts
Hi Frank and welcome to the forum. I checked the client's website and it worked perfect for me, just the way it is suppose to. It loaded up and the progress bar went away at 100%. I checked 3 tours on the client site. I am using windows XP IE7 and the latest and greatest flash player and java.
Buy the way, I just have to mention how great the images are. What equipment are you usng?

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!

Message posted by Vince on January-07-2009 at 1:05am
View Vince's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Vince Search   Quote Vince Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Vince
Gold Member
Gold Member

August-13-2007
194 Posts
It loads correctly (by TW4 standards anyway) on my Mac with Safari. The tours would start playing with the bar still loading, but that seems like part of the TW4 charm.
And I agree with Jerry. Nice work.
Vince

Message posted by franklmendonca on January-07-2009 at 9:44am
View franklmendonca's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by franklmendonca Search   Visit franklmendonca's Homepage www   Quote franklmendonca Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
franklmendonca
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
October-06-2008
9 Posts

Thanks for your replies.  The client originally indicated it was happening on all computers...I had only tried it with Vista.  After I posted,she informed me the progress bar only remained when tried with Vista or Windows 2000.  I am in the process of re-doing all tours without the image-loading progress bar.

As for my equipment, all tours are shot with either Canon's 1Ds Mark II, 1Ds Mark III, 5D or 5D Mark II.  Lenses used are Canon's 14mm rectilinear or the 24-70 zoom, both L series.  The only supplemental lighting (if any) is a 580 EX or 580 EXII on camera.

I still hope someone here can give some insight into this problem.  As usual, Easypano tech support has been useless because, on every occassion I've consulted them, they have been unable to open a single website in the USA.  I can only assume it is because of government censorship.

Message posted by rfh12002 on January-07-2009 at 10:28am
View rfh12002's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rfh12002 Search   Visit rfh12002's Homepage www   Quote rfh12002 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts
Hi there
I haven't been able to check this but on my comp (Vista Home I think) I've never had any TW4 tour load with the progress bar removing itself - its always stuck there. I use aol - this couldn't be the problem could it?

-------------
sales@actualeducation.co.uk
www.actualeducation.co.uk

Message posted by franklmendonca on January-07-2009 at 10:41am
franklmendonca
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
October-06-2008
9 Posts

Hmmm...interesting.  The bar removes itself on all the tours on my website when viewed with any of my computers on either XP or Vista.  It removes itself when played from files on the computer.  The ONLY place this has happened so far is in the tours the client posted to their site.  But since you seem to experience the problem on all tours, it seems this might be a bug in TW4.  Hopefully, Easypano reads these forums.

Thanks for the info.

Message posted by rfh12002 on January-07-2009 at 1:09pm
View rfh12002's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rfh12002 Search   Visit rfh12002's Homepage www   Quote rfh12002 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts

Ok, not sure if this is going to be 'liked' but here's what I see -

tested both your tours on AOL and IE7 and they get to 66 percent indicated on the loading bar and then it sticks.  Same on your clients. Tours look great but this is an issue I've had with all TW4 tours that I've seen - the bar doesn't disappear on my computer. Vista - and its a Dell m1330.    It's therefore, as far as I can see, not a fault that you've made and I'd rule out any camera, photo equipment type things. I've installed the latest version of Flash (installed it on Friday last week) so its not as if I have an outdated version.

I don't know TW4 but could the loading bar be removed or shifted to a less prominent position? It doesn't help, but when I looked at your tours on both sites I was more interested in the location than the annoying wee bar and I think most of your clients clients would feel the same...

Hope that helps.

-------------
sales@actualeducation.co.uk
www.actualeducation.co.uk

Message posted by DaMan on January-07-2009 at 2:45pm
View DaMan's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by DaMan Search   Quote DaMan Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
DaMan
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
October-04-2007
111 Posts

I can view the tours without a problem and I am using Vista, Flash 10, IE 7.

Great job on the photos and lighting.  I would have thought you used some type of HDR blending.

One question thou, why does your clients site say "If you have problems viewing these tours, please click here to download Java for Windows"? ??  TW4 only outputs flash and the tours are in flash.  Am I missing something here? 

I am at a loss as to what could be the problem (sorry about that) becasue I have vista and I tried my XP machine at work and it worked just fine.

If I may say one more thing.  I am not a big fan of the single pictures for each room or view.  It is very detached and not smooth.  I have not concept of were I am or where I am looking.  The maps in TW4 really set it apart from the other VR tours out there.  You might want to upsell a complete tour to you client.  It would make a great tour CD they could sell or use in marketing their facility.  At the very least it would give people the option if they are farmilar with VR tours. 

DaMan

Message posted by franklmendonca on January-07-2009 at 4:26pm
franklmendonca
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
October-06-2008
9 Posts

With regard to the Java notice on the client's website, I have no idea why it's there either...but I've gone several rounds with them on other matters and really do not want to get into it with them on that topic.  It's a holdover from their previous tours.

As for HDR, I sometimes use PhotomatixPro...but most often I do a lot of Photoshop work...combining (pasting, etc.) outdoor exposures with the indoor.  It takes time but I feel like it sets my tours apart from most.

The client wanted single scene tours because that is what has been on their website for years.  If you want to see an example of those old tours, click on the Lounge and Lobby, Winery or Sister Properties tabs on their site.  They are REALLY bad.  I had nothing to do with them.  I may be re-doing those some time this Spring.  The oversaturated colors in many of the tours was a special request of the client...I couldn't talk them out of it.  In my opinion, some of the exterior shots are hideously oversaturated...but...the client is always right.

I've re-done all the tours without the image-loading progress bar and sent them to the client...so I assume the new tours will be up within a week.

Today, I'm working on my first multi-scene real estate tour with Tourweaver...a $4.3 miliion house on the banks of the Colorado River.  Hopefully, I'll have it up on my website in the next few days.

Message posted by realtor jerry on January-07-2009 at 5:24pm
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts
Went back and had a second look. Still works fine for me. They are a bit over saturated but they go just fine with their over saturated web background images. You are correct, the client is always right.

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register