Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: TW4 Scene loading behavior Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by thedhgroup on January-06-2009 at 5:36pm
View thedhgroup's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by thedhgroup Search   Visit thedhgroup's Homepage www   Quote thedhgroup Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
thedhgroup
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
April-10-2005
131 Posts
The answer to my question may be in another thread so I apologize if this is question has been has been answered previously.

I currently use TW3 and I like the way the scenes load, no blurry, no gray and the next scene in the list is preloaded and on top of all that the tour caches.

TW4 seems to do none of that which lends to a lower user experience. (I must clarify one thing though, if I am looking at the first scene of a TW4 tour the status bar in my browser says it is "transferring data". What is it transferring? The next scene still has to load with a progress bar!)

Can or will TW4 eventually act like TW3 in these regards? I need to know. If the answer is "no" then I absolutely cannot justify any of the other nice features TW4 has to offer. Thus I am stuck with TW3.

Best regards,

-------------
www.dvt360.com

Message posted by jamesot on January-07-2009 at 11:10am
View jamesot's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by jamesot Search   Visit jamesot's Homepage www   Quote jamesot Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
jamesot
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
January-19-2007
83 Posts

"scenes load, no blurry, no gray"
This can be done in TW4. under publish settings go to the Flash VR tab and uncheck slice display.  I would also uncheck Pano size in normal scene viewer option.  These where both good ideas in concept but like you I hated the end result and they took even longer to load then just leaving the tour like TW3.0.  As far as I know there is no preloading in TW4.0.  I agree TW3.0 is better in that way.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register