Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: loading screen Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by leepilkington on January-19-2009 at 6:11am
View leepilkington's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by leepilkington Search   Quote leepilkington Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
leepilkington
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
October-02-2006
24 Posts

Hi,

Is it possible remove the loading screen in tourweaver 4 and just go straight into the tour?

Also is there an option to have the tour size automatically fit full screen?

Kind regards

Lee

-------------
Lee

Message posted by 360texas on January-19-2009 at 1:41pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Ok.. I will try to answer the first question:

There will always be some delay.  There will be a set of numbers 0-100% loading sequence seen on the viewer or you can use a loading bar showing a horizontal thermometer 0 _________________ 100%.  Or you can have something interesting for the visitor to see.

This is because the 800kb to 1.5mb panorama has to be downloaded to the visitors browser cache before it can be displayed on the screen.  The speed at which this occurs is directly related to the visitors internet connection speed.

Once the panorama is cached... and then revisited.. the panorama should display instantly (because the panorama is retrieved from their local computers browser cache).

You need to keep your visitor intertained for 8 to 20 seconds while the panorma is being downloaded.. and to show that their computer has not crashed or hung.

Now maybe someone can help by answering the second question about full screen viewing.

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by realtor jerry on January-19-2009 at 7:42pm
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts
TW4 is flash only and does not have the option to open full screen. TW3 Java however does have the option to open full screen.

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!

Message posted by leepilkington on January-20-2009 at 5:25am
View leepilkington's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by leepilkington Search   Quote leepilkington Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
leepilkington
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
October-02-2006
24 Posts

Thanks Guys,

The reason for asking the question was because I have seen various flash tours that automatically fill the screen size. I guess then that tourweaver doesnt offer this feature yet.

Kind regards

Lee

-------------
Lee

Message posted by 360texas on January-20-2009 at 9:32am
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

I think what Jerry is saying .. not to open full screen 'automatically'.  Once the page skin is opened and you can select from the thumbnails to view your panoramas.. you can add a small button for jumping in/out of full screen

Click a red dot then when the TW screen open in a small new window.  

On the skin look and click on bottom right button [full screen] when visiting this demo page.  

The blue (^) buttons are elevated panoramas.

http://360texas.com/services/rp/pagereynolds.htm

Yes, other full screen flash products are FlashPanorama and Pano2VR and others. 

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by realtor jerry on January-20-2009 at 9:53am
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts
Dave is correct. What I meant was TW4 will not open in full screen. But you can of course open in full screen after the tour loads.

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!

Message posted by leepilkington on January-20-2009 at 10:34am
leepilkington
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
October-02-2006
24 Posts

Just had a look at the FlashPanorama software. Is it a stand alone product or do you need adobe flash to create the tours. Seems cheap for what you get?

One of my customers has another issue... they don't like the grey grid pattern when the flash tour produced in panoweaver is loading. Does anyone know how to remove the grids or change them to white?

Thanks

Lee

-------------
Lee

Message posted by Kerry Rudy on January-20-2009 at 1:41pm
View Kerry Rudy's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Kerry Rudy Search   Visit Kerry Rudy's Homepage www   Quote Kerry Rudy Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Kerry Rudy
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-19-2005
104 Posts
Lee, TW4 can come pretty close. I leave the choice to the visitor. I prefer it not to be full screen as all of the buttons are visible when not in full screen. Most people already feel that they are in full screen mode. This is the way I do my tours now. Maybe it will work for you.

exampl;es

Kerry

Message posted by smooth on January-20-2009 at 11:34pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by leepilkington on January-20-2009

Just had a look at the FlashPanorama software. Is it a stand alone product or do you need adobe flash to create the tours. Seems cheap for what you get?

It is fine if you are a coder and understand manual scripting. Tourweaver has a user friendly GUI and is why it is so popular. As with most things Panorama related I have a license to this software also and choose not to use it as support is hopeless and better options exist.

Reading and understanding how TW4 works will allow you to start fullscreen. Jenny posted examples of this quite awhile back. There is a difference between the tour with skin playing fullscreen and the normal expand to fullscreen option.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by leepilkington on January-21-2009 at 7:45am
leepilkington
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
October-02-2006
24 Posts

Thanks Smooth. I will try and work it out.

Regards Lee

-------------
Lee

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register