Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: TW4 upgrade worth it? Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Handler on January-21-2009 at 1:50pm
View Handler's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Handler Search   Quote Handler Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Handler
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-17-2008
12 Posts
I'm currently using TW3.0...... I noticed the upgrade to 4.0 is $100 and wonder if it's worth it.

I read the 4.0 feature list and it doesn't seem like it will do anything for me that 3.0 can't. Any thoughts?

Message posted by realtor jerry on January-21-2009 at 1:58pm
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts
I think the new features are well worth the $100. The pop-ups are great. However the viewer is still not as good as TW3's viewer. They said they would have a new one in late December but I haven't seen one yet.

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!

Message posted by Handler on January-22-2009 at 1:22pm
View Handler's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Handler Search   Quote Handler Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Handler
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-17-2008
12 Posts
hmm ok thanks... I think I will wait for TW4.1 before upgrading

Message posted by realtor jerry on January-22-2009 at 2:38pm
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts
They just upgraded the viewer yesterday with the latest release. Smooth says it's much better. I have not downloaded it yet because Smooth ran into a problem while testing it. I'll wait a few days and see.

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!

Message posted by thedhgroup on January-26-2009 at 10:35am
View thedhgroup's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by thedhgroup Search   Visit thedhgroup's Homepage www   Quote thedhgroup Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
thedhgroup
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
April-10-2005
131 Posts
I would agree that TW4s player is superior to TW3 with respect to smoothness. I personally have a problem with the lack of subsequent scene pre-loading and the lack of caching. If you switch between full screen and regular it seems to have to load the scene all over again and if you visit the tour a second time, it pulls it from the server rather than the cache. My Internet connection maxes out at a dismal 500kbps and many others (rural) in my area have the same limit. Even if I did have a very fast Internet connection, I don't think I would like TW4's behavior. I'm sticking with TW3 for a bit longer.

Tim DH

-------------
www.dvt360.com

Message posted by RuddersUK on January-28-2009 at 4:18am
View RuddersUK's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by RuddersUK Search   Visit RuddersUK's Homepage www   Quote RuddersUK Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
RuddersUK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United Kingdom
July-16-2004
372 Posts
Definatley worth every penny! viewer is now much better also. There are many other subtle features of TW 4 that are not in TW3. View the TW4 gallery for some of the new features.

Regards.

Message posted by DaMan on April-16-2009 at 4:18am
View DaMan's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by DaMan Search   Quote DaMan Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
DaMan
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
October-04-2007
111 Posts

Ok, so when did upgrade go from $100 to $200 for TW3 pro to TW4 pro? 

Not to be a pain but did I miss an anouncement that the recession was over?  It would have been nice to at least get a heads up that they were going to increase prices.  Thanks EP you are welcome for the feedback and beta testing of TW4.....

DaMan

Message posted by thedhgroup on April-17-2009 at 6:31pm
View thedhgroup's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by thedhgroup Search   Visit thedhgroup's Homepage www   Quote thedhgroup Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
thedhgroup
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
April-10-2005
131 Posts
For real? The upgrade price doubled? OK now that TW4 was just about ready I was going to upgrade. Looks like I'll have to do a few more with TW3 to pay for it. $200 really is not that bad I suppose considering I had to buy a new camera for $1400.

-------------
www.dvt360.com

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register