Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: Hosting Tours Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by willie on January-23-2009 at 5:46am
View willie's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by willie Search   Visit willie's Homepage www   Quote willie Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
willie
Gold Member
Gold Member
United Kingdom
June-26-2005
217 Posts

Hi everyone.

Not sure where to post this issue, but I really need your help with this one.

My usual work is in the real estate arena where tours are hosted on my own web server for a few months and I just send them a link to it. This is a free service and works well. However, I have a customer that has enquired about holiday lets and would want me to host all their tours long term. These could be on-line for years.

What I would like to know is do you offer hosting for long term viewing and what if anything would you charge for hosting the tours.

My thoughts are free for the first year then some nominal charge per tour annually. I think I would like to host them myself, mainly because I can easilly update a tour if required, and that I am not relying on some web admin embedding the tours into their own site.

I would appreciate your comments and experiences.

Thanks,

Willie

Message posted by RuddersUK on January-28-2009 at 4:28am
View RuddersUK's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by RuddersUK Search   Visit RuddersUK's Homepage www   Quote RuddersUK Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
RuddersUK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United Kingdom
July-16-2004
372 Posts
We charge From 25 gbp per year for hosting. But this includes websites etc. If it were just a small VT with a few images then we would host it for a smaller fee, but remember if you running a business then nothing is free. However, you can include the cost in the tour of course.

Regards.

Message posted by willie on January-28-2009 at 7:04am
View willie's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by willie Search   Visit willie's Homepage www   Quote willie Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
willie
Gold Member
Gold Member
United Kingdom
June-26-2005
217 Posts

Hi RuddersUK

Thanks for your comments. The client expects there would be at least 30 tours, so could accumulate to a fair amount. With your advice and advice from other sources, I think I will offer the first year's hosting free, but include the hosting fee for the 2nd year in the original invoice.

I have another question... Do you have a signed contract between yourself and your client?

Willie

Message posted by 360texas on January-28-2009 at 8:20am
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

I can tell you that we (client and 360texas) sign a contract for panorama imaging.  We also ask for and get a 30% advanced no refund deposit.  Thats 30% of total price.  We use a "Services Purchase Order".  We use a MS Excel template that adds and totals $$ amounts.  I can email you the MS Excel .xls spreadsheet template.  Contact me off forum.  Its easy to email an .xls providing the client has MS Excel.

If you are a business you will need to collect local sales and use taxes. In Europe its called value added tax [VAT].  Also include self employment income taxes in your panorama pricing structure.

Essentially the purchase order for services answers these questions

What and how many the client is buying.
Where is the work site - address
Scheduled Start Date 
Scheduled End Date
What and when are payments made by the client
Warranty of work

Ok this comment is sort of on topic

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by willie on January-28-2009 at 6:59pm
willie
Gold Member
Gold Member
United Kingdom
June-26-2005
217 Posts

Hi Dave,

PM sent.

Willie

Message posted by 360texas on January-29-2009 at 10:01am
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts
For willie and kerry... reply email sent

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by willie on January-29-2009 at 10:53am
willie
Gold Member
Gold Member
United Kingdom
June-26-2005
217 Posts

Thanks Dave, much appreciated.

regards,

Willie

Message posted by Kerry Rudy on January-30-2009 at 8:14am
View Kerry Rudy's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Kerry Rudy Search   Visit Kerry Rudy's Homepage www   Quote Kerry Rudy Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Kerry Rudy
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-19-2005
104 Posts
Ditto!

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register