Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Tourweaver on VMware Fusion (Mac) Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by 360_Rog on January-24-2009 at 9:58pm
View 360_Rog's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360_Rog Search   Visit 360_Rog's Homepage www   Quote 360_Rog Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360_Rog
Standard Member
Standard Member
Canada
January-24-2009
1 Posts

I could not get my copy of Tourweaver 3.0 Pro nor 4.0 Pro to activate properly on my copy of Windows XP Pro on my Mac laptop. I am running VMware Fusion, not Parallels or Microsoft Virtual PC as my virtualization software. The Offline activation using the ARF generator did not work either. I suspect that this is because your programs activation sequence is not compatible with the way VMware Fusion creates the virtual network adapters. I have tried using both Bridged and NAT networking in the virtual machine; activation still fails.

The solution was to use a USB 3G cellular modem that I plugged into a virtual machine that was already up and running and logged in (Windows XP Pro). Windows and Tourweaver both recognized it as actual hardware, instead of a virtual network connection, and the activation worked perfectly. VMware Fusion is a popular (and arguably the best) virtualization software available for Mac. It has become very popular in North America, and since many photographers use Macs, I think that maybe Easypano should consider doing some research into why your activation sequence fails using this software, so that future versions of Tourweaver can be more seamlessly compatible.

-------------
Roger Middleton

360 and Beyond - Vancouver
W. http://www.360andBeyond.com
E. roger@360andBeyond.com
T. 778.388.2867
F. 604.696.3745

Message posted by tbrusson on January-25-2009 at 4:36am
View tbrusson's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by tbrusson Search   Quote tbrusson Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
tbrusson
Gold Member
Gold Member
France
October-23-2006
164 Posts
Hi I know Fusion behaves quick promptly in virtualization mode.

I am using Parallels and I never encountered a problem activating Tourweaver.

So I guess if Easypano investigates the problem, (it might help them finding the solution) they should consider the specific way Fusion works.

best

thierry

Message posted by Brittan on January-26-2009 at 9:05am
View Brittan's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Brittan Search   Quote Brittan Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Brittan
Standard Member
Standard Member
France
November-08-2008
45 Posts
Hi Roger,

Same problem, probably same configuration as yours (fusion 1.1, XP SP2) MacBook Pro 2.2, Same results.

The turnaround was found in sending a message to easypano mail support.

Genseng asked me for my MAC unique ID, and sent me two files (vip.htm & gis.htm) and where I had to place them.
It instantly worked

But I still deeply regret that there is need of turnarounds are necessary when Easypasno is recommending the use of VMWare fusion on Macintosh platform Very weird way, for client satisfaction.

-------------
Mac OS X Tiger Or Leopard - VMWare fusion 2.05

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register