Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Why is there so few pages on that forum! Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Brittan on January-26-2009 at 7:40pm
View Brittan's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Brittan Search   Quote Brittan Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Brittan
Standard Member
Standard Member
France
November-08-2008
45 Posts
Few weeks ago, there were only 3 pages on TW3 or TW4 since pages were => off line.
I mean that the 2005 TW3 questions disappeared !!!
Why a so good app is so less commented !!!

Most of forums are followed by members with solidarity and with new questions or admins answers.
When People are desperately searching for solutions, there is no fast implication here in the dev team.
Why the "E-mail Notify me of Replies" doesn't work !!!

I have seen a very good virtual tour made in full screen by 'Etoileduweb' Visit Here

She is using TW4 and says that she never read any user's manual or video file, with no sound even in English.

How this app can be successful and you know that the financial difference is not going to lead any FPP or KRpnao that need to enter in XML code. Too many people will not appreciate to enter xml code without considering their own workflow.
Lets think wider than in our own field of view and discern what is our narrow field first :)

PS. Why is it necessary for being awarded in TW4 upgrades is it necessary to visit that forum !!!

-------------
Mac OS X Tiger Or Leopard - VMWare fusion 2.05

Message posted by smooth on January-26-2009 at 11:20pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Firstly, Tourweaver (STD) is also a <$200 software package. Only the Pro version is more than this for the main reason of being totally "Brand Free". This is something none of the others you mention can claim. 

This forum is very active and has been so longer than any of the others you speak of. But it is limited to Tourweaver software, it is not a free for all. If you are not seeing many posts it's because you need to adjust the "Show Topics" on the home page of each forum sub category. It can be adjusted to show posts that date back to 2002. Tourweaver to November 2003 and 88 pages, 1742 topics and 9244 posts when I last looked.

Tourweaver is NOT open source and never will be. It is designed as an easy way for everybody (non coders) to produce a virtual tour. You cannot hack or modify the XML code. It was the first and still is the best tour compiler software on the market. But it does have limitations that you must work within. Or you can add something to the wish list.

I have found the program very easy to understand and I have not ever needed the user manual nor any video tutorial but I release some people do. If you get stuck on a specific problem there are many forum users here who will attempt to help you out. Providing the question makes clear sense and you are polite.

The point you fail to understand is that all the other programs you speak have come about from panographers who wanted to push the limits further to meet their own demands. They didn't start out as a business. There is nothing wrong with that and you are welcome to join them.

After reading your post I'm not sure of what you really want? (maybe it's the language barrier) But I do read a lot of ranting.

Like everything, there is room for improvement.

Currently it is Chinese New Year so Easypano staff are on holidays.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by Brittan on January-27-2009 at 7:15am
View Brittan's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Brittan Search   Quote Brittan Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Brittan
Standard Member
Standard Member
France
November-08-2008
45 Posts
Thanks for your answer Smooth,
I received the email I was expecting to have about last TW4 update.
Their is in fact also the language barrier and I forgot about Chinese New year...
In fact the .pdf file did not respond to my understanding, I found some very important infos not enough underlined (circled).
That was my first contact with a virtual tour soft.
BTW I have made my first post softer

-------------

Message posted by smooth on January-27-2009 at 8:03am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by Brittan on January-26-2009
Few weeks ago, there were only 3 pages on TW3 or TW4 since pages were => off line.
I mean that the 2005 TW3 questions disappeared !!!
Why a so good app is so less commented !!!

There are server errors being reported over the last week or so. See this thread

We expect after the Chinese New Year staff will look into this problem. This maybe why you couldn't access the older posts.

Quote: Originally posted by Brittan on January-26-2009
Why the "E-mail Notify me of Replies" doesn't work !!!

This email notification of reply has never worked with this forum.

I use to think it was because of my email country extension "com.au" and not simple .com, .net or .org but many people have complained so this is not the case it would seem. I can only assume this feature is turned off. Possibly because of China restrictions and Internet use?

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by Brittan on January-28-2009 at 8:33pm
Brittan
Standard Member
Standard Member
France
November-08-2008
45 Posts
I finally saw the menu 'one month' / One year ones... Thank you a lot for that precision Smooth

-------------

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register