Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: JavaVs.Flash for tours With TW3.0? in OP Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Vince on February-04-2009 at 12:57pm
View Vince's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Vince Search   Quote Vince Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Vince
Gold Member
Gold Member

August-13-2007
194 Posts
I have downloaded the trial version (need to transfer some funds tomorrow before I purchase the upgrade) and started learning TW3.0. Love the interface, much better than 1.25, but I have a question. The tour is here when you click the room names to the right, my buttons dissapere and the word "button" shows up. Did I miss something in the set up (I did remove the text from the buttons when I created them) or is this a function of the Demo version.

ETA: Figured it out. I had selected "toggle" as the button type. Changing it to "standard" fixed the problem.

Thank

Vince

I am still using TW1.25 and have been happy with the results, but I am thinking of going to TW3.0 so that I can produce tours using Flash instead of Java. A few times a month I hear from someone that they can not view my tours because of security settings or another issue with Java. I have no way of knowing how many people I don't hear from , and I am worried that it could be costing be business.

What is the collective wisdom on Flash Vs. Java based tours? Will switching allow significantly more people to view my tours without problems?

I know that TW3.0, and even more so TW4.0, offer more improvements then just Flash, but I don't have it in my budget to upgrade my camera from my Nikon CoolPix 5400 with an FC-E9 fisheye, so my images won't go full screen.

Thanks
Vince
here

Message posted by realtor jerry on February-04-2009 at 3:37pm
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts
I prefer Flash to Java. Most all computers come now with flash installed. I have TW4 and love the added features but the viewer SUCKS in full or large screens. The viewer in TW3 is fine. If you want to not show full screen you can disable the ability to go full screen on the "publish" page. Why not download the free trial version of both and check them out?

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!

Message posted by Vince on February-04-2009 at 3:58pm
View Vince's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Vince Search   Quote Vince Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Vince
Gold Member
Gold Member

August-13-2007
194 Posts
Hi Jerry,
I have tried TW3.0, but have decided to pass on TW4.0 not only for the the reasons you mentioned, but also because my budget is very tight. I have been chatting with Joe and he has given me a price on upgrading to TW3.0 that is more than I was hopping for, but close enough that I might be able to make it work. I have also looked at some "non EasyPano" products, and other then a finding a fun little back and forth between Smooth and another poster on the virtues of a competing piece of software, I found nothing to change my mind about staying with EP products.
Vince

Message posted by RuddersUK on February-09-2009 at 5:13pm
View RuddersUK's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by RuddersUK Search   Visit RuddersUK's Homepage www   Quote RuddersUK Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
RuddersUK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United Kingdom
July-16-2004
372 Posts
Imo I think the extra features TW4 (pro) gives are worth every penny and any upgrade price will payfor itself in 1 job. the viewer has improved in the latest update.

We havent published a java tour since we upgraded to TW3 and flash has more penetration than java. Also our clients seem to be happier with flash based content than Java because it give us more creativity in the tours.

For every person that reports an error or can't view a java tour you may get 10 people that just move on, missing out on the experience

Message posted by Vince on February-15-2009 at 6:21pm
Vince
Gold Member
Gold Member

August-13-2007
194 Posts
So a little update. My PC crashed yesterday, and I decided to just do a clean install and start fresh. After I had wiped the system and done all the updates last night I decided to see if my tours would open. OH MY! No wonder people I have talked to don't want to go through the steps to get my jave based tours to run. The warnings that Windows gives you about the dangers of changing security settings and allowing Active-X content even scared me! So once I'm back up I'll definitely be upgrading to TW3.0 (I checked, the flash based tours run fine with default Windows security settings).
Why not go to TW4.0? Well, at this point cost is a major issue for me, and I like the idea of going with a mature product with (almost) all the bugs worked out.
Vince

Message posted by smooth on February-16-2009 at 1:17am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Flash is 100% the future, Java has had it's day and it's sad to a point but all the time wasted fighting with Microsoft allowed Flash to catch up, overtake and leave Java behind in it's dust.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by prb16 on February-16-2009 at 8:02am
View prb16's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by prb16 Search   Visit prb16's Homepage www   Quote prb16 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
prb16
Standard Member
Standard Member
Spain
May-29-2006
138 Posts
TW3 would be the way to go for now. I have paid for TW4 but still use TW3. I will not be producing tours with TW4 until the viewer quality and loading issues are resolved; hopefully soon!

-------------
Regards,

Paul.

360Turismo

Message posted by realtor jerry on February-16-2009 at 9:09am
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts
Hi Paul, sadly I have to agree with you. Easypano has had several updates for the viewer and it still is no where near ready for the public. I have sent several emails and request which they do answer but with no acceptable results as of yet. I had my best critic, my wife, review one of my latest tours. She said she would fire me if it was her listing.

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!

Message posted by tblworld on February-17-2009 at 6:16pm
View tblworld's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by tblworld Search   Visit tblworld's Homepage www   Quote tblworld Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
tblworld
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
June-20-2007
23 Posts
Evening All, it has been a while since I have posted a message, however I would like to add to the forum why I am not updating to TW4. I currently use TW3 Pro and enjoy working with it as my clients love the outcome. I have been watching the progress of TW4 and at first glance I like the look of it with the added features, BUT every tour in TW4 that I have viewed takes far too long to load and then when it loads the panoramics are streaming taking even more time. So I believe that this time for loading is not an acceptable time and internet users will not hang around to view it TRUST ME. So this is why I will not be purchasing or even downloading the demo. However if the speed of the tours increase then I may consider it because I have to say I love working with EasyPanos' TW3 and PW5. Thanks for your time, Brian.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register