Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: tourweaver hosting not working anymore! Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by LivingNC on February-09-2009 at 5:01pm
View LivingNC's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by LivingNC Search   Visit LivingNC's Homepage www   Quote LivingNC Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
LivingNC
Standard Member
Standard Member
Cyprus
March-09-2008
17 Posts

hiya all, big problem here!!

i have an alternative website which i occasionaly use to upload virtual tours that i build in TW 1.10 (yeah yeah i know, i will be upgrading very soon)...sometimes to send client to view and sometimes provide as a temporary host...

the hosting company i previously used had closed down (lycos) and was to transfer to another hosting company that i have not used before, but i wanted to take domain and hosting to a company that i already work with and very happy with... easyspace.com...

now i tranfered my .html files and all oterh relating folders and then my virtual tours (about 20 in all) but it seems only 1 or 2 work!!

the others, once clicked on link to open, load only 95% of the virtual tour (waiting imiage) and then the loading bar reverses 1% and freezes!!

its killing me to understand what is going on!

i got in touch with hosting company and they got back to me saying that servers etc. are all working fine and suggested the problem can be encoding/coding of the java applets or the configuration to linking of the files... which i dont understand how becuase all i did was upload files that i donwloaded from previous host in exact same way to new host...

someone... please have an answer to my problem... :(

PS. if you pan to the bottom of this site: http://www.eyeforimage.net/360.html

-------------
www.LivingNorthCyprus.Com
virtually and visually north cyprus...

Message posted by smooth on February-10-2009 at 1:07am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Without looking too hard, my guess will be the server you once used was more forgiving about slopping coding. Simply you need to make 100% sure your files and naming of your files are industry standard.

This means no special characters, parentheses/brackets, no spaces between names, no caps in file naming. You should only use English 0-9 and a_z.

If you have files named like this:

Panorama Image (1).JPG it will most likely fail.

panorama_image_001.jpg is correct.

The only other thing that springs to mind is that the MIME type must be set on the server to allow for .jpe if you have use encryption. Or perhaps you have not complied with the upload file types in the correct association of ASCII and Binary.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by LivingNC on February-10-2009 at 12:21pm
View LivingNC's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by LivingNC Search   Visit LivingNC's Homepage www   Quote LivingNC Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
LivingNC
Standard Member
Standard Member
Cyprus
March-09-2008
17 Posts
hiya smooth,

i figured it after 2 nights of moonlighting!

2nd suggestion seems spot on...

i have uploaded files in all correct format but i did use encryption... and the ones i didn't use encryption (only a few), were fine!

i use encryption for the obvious reason and the final file is slightly smaller in size...

i have informed the hosting company and they raised a flag regarding this...

pardon my ignorance, but how else would i need to set the MIME type to be able to allow jp1 ?

-------------

Message posted by smooth on February-10-2009 at 1:32pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Hmm, I can't remember exactly as server console software differs. But if you contact your host and time them you need extension .jp1 added to the "image" MIME type they should be able to set this in minutes (maybe seconds)

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by LivingNC on February-10-2009 at 4:38pm
LivingNC
Standard Member
Standard Member
Cyprus
March-09-2008
17 Posts
cheers mate...

i have sent them an email and waiting for response...

thanx again

LivingNC

-------------

Message posted by LivingNC on February-13-2009 at 8:23am
LivingNC
Standard Member
Standard Member
Cyprus
March-09-2008
17 Posts

all sorted,

thanx for your help...

they sent me a response saying:

" jp1 has been added as a mime type but the pages mentioned before arent working, can you find out for tehm what the mime type needs to be setup as and we can add it the way they want to.? "

but ive checked the tours out and they seem to work fine... :)

thanks again for your valuable knowledge and time... :)

-------------

Message posted by smooth on February-13-2009 at 8:37am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Glad you got a result.

Regards, Smooth

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register