Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: Can tour window be maximized at launch? Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by tdmerch on February-21-2009 at 9:45am
View tdmerch's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by tdmerch Search   Visit tdmerch's Homepage www   Quote tdmerch Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
tdmerch
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-06-2003
56 Posts

Does anyone know if there is a way when you hit the link to launch a virtual tour that it would maximize the tour straight out to a full screen? 

Im thinking that since in TW4 you can produce the tour so the window can be stretch, and you can maximize the browser window, it would be really nice if it would go to straight to a full screen.  Im not talking about the going out to full screen after the tour is launched, Im talking about the main screen maximizing out to full screen when the tour is launched.  If this could be done, I might disable the full screen capability all together.

My most recent Virtual Tours look great when maximize and because so many people use different resolution, if I knew they maximize to everyones screen, I could design the tours to take full advantage of a viewers monitor real estate. 

Heres an example if your interested: http://www.go360media.com/larsmont

What do you think?

Tom

-------------
www.go360media.com

Message posted by smooth on February-21-2009 at 9:55am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Tom,

This is a contentious issue.

I personally am not a fan of landing on a page and having the page auto dictate fullscreen without my permission (actually I class this as rude). Some users would be very fightened by this and others would struggle to get out of fullscreen mode. By the way there is no way that I know of for this to happen. I don't so much mind if the window auto maximises but it should always retain the menu bar and window frame. 

If you would like your tour to auto maximise I can supply you with a script that you simple enter into your tour HTML page.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by tdmerch on February-21-2009 at 10:21am
View tdmerch's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by tdmerch Search   Visit tdmerch's Homepage www   Quote tdmerch Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
tdmerch
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-06-2003
56 Posts

I'm not talking about it going to full screen at launch like it does when you go to full screen inside a TW tour where you don't have any browser border at all.  I would want it to go out with the minimum browser window frame like the one you get anytime you launch a TW flash VT in a pop up which does not have the browser menu bars but does have the page name across the top as well as the minimize, maximize and close buttons.

As far as going to full screen straight out from a link, I like the way ImmerVision launches to full screen and your right, it may be confusing for some to minimize it from full screen, but that's true in TW full screen as well.  Here's one of my ImmerVision full screen 360s: www.go360media.com/360s/rapids

If you have a script I could try, please Email it to me, I'd really like to try it.  Thanks.  Tom

-------------
www.go360media.com

Message posted by smooth on February-21-2009 at 1:25pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Sorry Tom the Rapids tour doesn't load for me.

Here is the script for maximise screen. Place it above the <head> tag in your tour HTML.

<script language="javascript">
<!--
window.moveTo(0,0);
window.resizeTo(window.screen.availWidth,window.screen.availHeight);
window.focus();
//-->
</script>

Regards, Smooth  

Message posted by Vince on February-21-2009 at 1:30pm
View Vince's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Vince Search   Quote Vince Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Vince
Gold Member
Gold Member

August-13-2007
194 Posts
Hi Tom,
It may just be me, but I hate the way ImmerVision takes over my screen. NIce tour by the way.
Vince

Message posted by smooth on February-21-2009 at 2:06pm
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

OK, rebooted and could view your Java.

Yes, auto fullscreen not to my liking either. I know it selectable in the code much the same as DevalVR and it puts me of the website everytime I visit one that does this.

I think it's fair to have a selectable button so the viewing person knows what is about the happen.

I liked your pano of the rapids also

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by tdmerch on February-23-2009 at 12:01am
tdmerch
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-06-2003
56 Posts
Hey Smooth... I added that script to the web page and it worked great, I like it!  It takes the pop up window and expands it full screen but does not lock it.  You can see how it worked if you want at the link on my first post.  Thanks, Tom

-------------
www.go360media.com

Message posted by lafecto on February-24-2009 at 10:57am
View lafecto's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by lafecto Search   Visit lafecto's Homepage www   Quote lafecto Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
lafecto
Standard Member
Standard Member
Portugal
August-09-2007
37 Posts

Hi Tom

I agree, the fll window works very nice.

I would like to know the code to make that window without the menus of the internet explorer, because in the html file to lunch the tour it allways opne with the menu bar of the I E.

Thanks

-------------
Regards
Luis

Message posted by tdmerch on February-24-2009 at 2:57pm
tdmerch
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-06-2003
56 Posts
Smooth is your man for code.

-------------
www.go360media.com

Message posted by siccorsky on April-13-2009 at 2:31pm
View siccorsky's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by siccorsky Search   Visit siccorsky's Homepage www   Quote siccorsky Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
siccorsky
Standard Member
Standard Member
Ireland
February-22-2009
16 Posts
Hi Guys,

Maybe someone could help me...
I'm trying to blow the image on the tour to fill browser window, similarly to Toms' tour,
Ive pasted the code but getting only the pop up window resized, the image stays the same... Is there a way for the image to resize together with the window? How is it done in Tom's tour?
I will appreciate all the help...
I will also welcome any comments as this is my first tour :)
thanks in advance...
http://www.sikorski.ie/panos/Easter_Tour/Easter_Tour.html

Kind Regards
Mike

-------------
Virtual Tours Ireland     Like on Facebook       Follow on Twitter

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register