Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: TW and W3C Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by yvanmarl on February-26-2009 at 10:52pm
View yvanmarl's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by yvanmarl Search   Quote yvanmarl Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
yvanmarl
Standard Member
Standard Member
Canada
November-14-2007
9 Posts

Hi all!

Is TW 4.00 compatible with W3C?

Thanks

Martin ;)

Message posted by Genseng on March-04-2009 at 5:04am
View Genseng's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Genseng Search   Quote Genseng Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Genseng
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
China
May-12-2008
100 Posts

Hi yvanmarl, welcome to the forum!

sure, TW 4.00 is compatible with W3C, we recommend you to have a try with the trial version of Tourweaver 4.00, which is full-functioned, and there is a smaple project. TW4 can eb downlaoded at http://www.easypano.com/download-virtual-tour-software.html 

-------------
Easypano
The Virtual Tour Way
Email:support@easypano.com

Message posted by pixelator on September-28-2010 at 3:05pm
View pixelator's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by pixelator Search   Visit pixelator's Homepage www   Quote pixelator Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
pixelator
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-21-2005
502 Posts

I'm getting a dozen errors on every tour.  I now have a client who's tours I've been hosting need to moved to their  web developers server.  The web developer is refusing to let me upload any tours that are not W3C compliant.

Errors Shown Here

I'm more of a photographer than programmer, could use some help with this. 

Thanks,

Message posted by smooth on September-28-2010 at 4:27pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Pixel,

Very tired ATM and off to sleep now.

But I looked at the W3C report and these are all minor .HTML errors that can be fixed using and W3C compliant HTML editor.

W3C is a standard, not a law. What they think is right is really nothing more than an opinion that people like to follow.

On the W3C Validation Page check the box "Clean up Markup with HTML Tidy" and revalidate.

Collect the new code at the bottom of the page.

I will look at it some more tomorrow.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Message posted by rfh12002 on October-03-2010 at 11:15am
View rfh12002's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rfh12002 Search   Visit rfh12002's Homepage www   Quote rfh12002 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts
If I can add to this important area...try putting the W3c website into their own 'checker' and it should come up with a number of errors on their own site!  I haven't checked it for a while but it certainly did a year or so ago.

-------------
sales@actualeducation.co.uk
www.actualeducation.co.uk

Message posted by pixelator on October-04-2010 at 9:55pm
View pixelator's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by pixelator Search   Visit pixelator's Homepage www   Quote pixelator Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
pixelator
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-21-2005
502 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by rfh12002 on October-03-2010
If I can add to this important area...try putting the W3c website into their own 'checker' and it should come up with a number of errors on their own site! I haven't checked it for a while but it certainly did a year or so ago.

Both their validator and world wide web consortium sites checked successful.

It's really beside the point. I'm hosting several tours that I want moved to the clients web host & developer. He says he will not accept them till they validate. I need the tours I create to validate and I'm not real concerned about the rest of the www.

Message posted by smooth on October-05-2010 at 2:05am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Did you not - On the W3C Validation Page check the box "Clean up Markup with HTML Tidy" and revalidate.

Copy the code generated from that page and overwrite the pre-existing .html?

Should be just fine.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Message posted by willie on October-05-2010 at 3:35am
View willie's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by willie Search   Visit willie's Homepage www   Quote willie Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
willie
Gold Member
Gold Member
United Kingdom
June-26-2005
217 Posts

Hi Pixelator,

Identify your tour launch page, open with notepad or other text editor and delete the code up to but not including // <![CDATA[  then just copy in the following code. It's the same for all tours except for the title (in red) which can be any text you like.
This should validate ok and will save you time validating each tour one at a time and correcting essentially the same thing.

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">
<title>Boone Cabin Rentals | Eagles View | 800-282-2507</title>
</head>
<body>
<script type="text/javascript" src="swfobject.js">
</script>
<div id="flashcontent">To view virtual tour properly, Flash Player 9.0.28 or later version is needed. Please download the latest version of <a title="http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer" target="_blank">Flash Player</a> and install it on your computer.</div>
<script type="text/javascript">

Willie

Message posted by pixelator on October-07-2010 at 7:23pm
pixelator
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-21-2005
502 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by smooth on October-05-2010

Did you not - On the W3C Validation Page check the box "Clean up Markup with HTML Tidy" and revalidate.

Copy the code generated from that page and overwrite the pre-existing .html?

Should be just fine.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Hey Smooth,

I'm working on it mate, lot's of pokers in the fire right now and this was not really pressing.

I was reffering to rfh12002 wanting me to add their (w3) site to the checker.  What's the point?  I don't care if their site is valid or not.  I'm simply worried about mine.

I will follow your instruction on getting it valid.

Thank you mate

Quote: Originally posted by willie on October-05-2010

Hi Pixelator,

Identify your tour launch page, open with notepad or other text editor and delete the code up to but not including // <![CDATA[  then just copy in the following code. It's the same for all tours except for the title (in red) which can be any text you like.
This should validate ok and will save you time validating each tour one at a time and correcting essentially the same thing.

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">
<title>Boone Cabin Rentals | Eagles View | 800-282-2507</title>
</head>
<body>
<script type="text/javascript" src="swfobject.js">
</script>
<div id="flashcontent">To view virtual tour properly, Flash Player 9.0.28 or later version is needed. Please download the latest version of <a title="http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer" target="_blank">Flash Player</a> and install it on your computer.</div>
<script type="text/javascript">

Willie

Thanks Willie!  much appreciated.

Message posted by smooth on October-08-2010 at 1:25am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

I think Forrest was pointing out that W3C at some stage didn't even comply with their own standards. I don't have any issue with that because I'm not so much of a W3C fan myself and found it quite funny.

I'm even less of a fan of those who attempt force compliancy upon others just so it suits and serves their choice of browser (which means anything outside of Internet Explorer) which is still by far the most popular.

Still, you need or wish too and hopefully we have offered the answer.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register